SEC Tournament

What I was thinking

So you don’t think an 18 point loss is embarrassing? At this point in the year? Against a team we already beat? I guess their coach adjusted better than ours, huh?

I’m hoping we make the second game in the NCAAs this year, much less the second weekend.

Oh it is, it’s just we are skeptical who you are since you only started posting today and Oinkbait has changed his profile name a lot.

So you’re skeptical of our team’s future based on who is posting? That’s so ridiculous, but not that surprising.

Wow, that is not even close to what I meant or the point :roll:

Well, Tiger is one off the lead heading into Sunday, at least there will be something interesting to watch tomorrow.

BTW, I need to meet this Oinkbait guy, he seems to be in your head or at least under your skin.

I don’t believe it matters all that much about getting beat in the semifinals of the SEC Tourney while playing our 3rd game in three days.
Neither game today was all that close with one team playing its second game against the other it’s 3rd in a row. The conference tournament format isn’t really fair for any of the teams in any conference in this country because at no time any where else during the season before or after these tournaments do teams regularly play back to back days, with so much at stake. Those early season tourneys have no major significance such as an NCAA Tournament birth. It’s not about the kids though, these tourneys are nothing more than money makers for the conferences and that’s the most important thing.
I will be interested if the committee will allow the Hogs to be seeded as high as a 6 seed and have a better opportunity to win a couple of games or do they simply discard the Razorbacks early again by placing us in a 7-8 seed range and having to face a 2 seed in the 2nd game if we manage to win the opening game.
Their is so much politics in the seeding of this Tournament every single year and the committee will do all possible to allow the blue bloods to be seeded in order to make their paths to advance as easy as possible, just wait and see.
Duke most years gets the Red Carpet Road to the Elite Eight, it’s just makes me sick because outside of Kentucky, Duke is the program that I probably dislike the most.
Where the Hogs are seeded will be very interesting tomorrow.

Go Hogs!

Even though we’ll never make it to the second weekend of the NCAAs this year, the apologists will say we made it into the tournament three of the last four years (or whatever it is), so we’re on the right track. We’re in the top 68.

Top 68? Is that where we should be after 7 years? As a grad from the late 70’s, I’m ashamed about where we are. Go ahead and pile on. I’m just used to better.

Hogreality, when you say that you are used to better, WTH are you talking about?
If you are simply comparing this team to the teams you supposedly had in the 70’s while you were a student at Arkansas that’s one thing. However, if you are a lifelong fan then you should be quite used to mediocrity, because it’s been more than 20 years since our beloved Razorbacks have advanced to play a game beyond the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.
That’s simply the fact of the matter, Razorback basketball hasn’t been very relevant on the national level for a couple of decades now, outside of a few years where they had some entertaining teams with a future NBA player like Joe Johnson, Ronnie Brewer, Patrick Beverly and Bobby Portis not a whole lot for fans to be to proud of other than the occasional victory over Kentucky these past Twenty years.
I’m just awaiting the year when we finally turn the corner and reach the 2nd weekend, how exciting that will be!

Hope I’ve brought some clarity or shall I say reality to this subject for you, and one last thing if you are truly a Razorback fan then act like it.
You can be critical without being a jerk!

Go Hogs!

Sorry you think I’m a jerk, and too bad you feel the need to say that. I think we are underperforming, and if that makes me a jerk in your eyes, I couldn’t care less. It sounds like you’re OK with mediocrity, and that’s OK for some people. Just not for me. Have a nice night.

What so surprising is all of the junk people post negative. To play 3 games in 3 days you can’t do it with a lack of depth. That’s why the double bye is so important! Tennessee played one game. Switch it around and the score would also be turned around.
It sure isn’t the end of the world. The players need to be well rested for Thursday or Friday. I sure wouldn’t want to play Kentucky as tired as the hogs looked today. Today is the result of losing those 2 games to LSU, the One game to Moo U and the one game to Missouri.
The winner normally is a team with a double bye.
In the Dance your seed is given based on your teams achievements during the season. So when we get stuck with 6-7 seed it reflects what this team has earned

For all of you trolls that just show up after a loss why don’t you crawl under a rock because your not true hog fans! Sometimes I wonder how much physical exercise some of you have actually done!
It sounds like the group of idiots crawl out just to complain. I’ll give all of you some advice. Tomorrow morning go to church and learn a little humility and respect! I will pray for all of you!

Hogreality is Oinkbait/Oinker. Just ignore him and he’ll come back with a new name soon. Those of us from the old board could smell him a mile away.

Glad all you MA lovers are so satisfied with where the program is because it will not get any better as long as he is the coach. He has reached his plateau.

Oh wait, we should give him time to get the type players he needs to run his system!!! Maybe he can find them in the next 5-6 years.

I’m with you reddish oh.

Reddiehog.

Feel free to follow another team then. Go be a Mizzou fan, they’ve got a lot of bandwagoners jumping on about now.

Not sure why you think your opinion is the only one that’s legit. You sure have a hateful attitude towards anyone who doesn’t share your love for CMA. A lot of Hog lovers believe we would do better taking our chances with a different coaching philosophy. CMA definitely raised our quality of players. I just don’t think he can take us to the next level. I know you always want specifics when someone disagrees with you. I’ll just say we have probably one of the worst 3pt defenses I’ve watched this season. Our defense in general sucks. Our team is down double digits with time wasting away and we spend precious seconds dribbling around at the top looking to take our man one on one while the rest of the team watches. Only to force up a bad shot at clock expiration. Not once,not twice but continuously. Seems a different approach might be considered. Forty minutes of hell and full court pressure used to work back in the days before everyone got so proficient shooting threes. Not so much anymore. Just a few reasons why I think we need a change. Senior laden team hoping to realistically make it 2 maybe 3 games in tournament. I think that would be a surprise to most. Do you see this team trending upwards after seniors leave? If not, how many more years?

By the way,I’ve been a loyal Hog fan since the early sixties so you know what you can do with your bandwagon.