Head coach options?

Don’t believe he falls in the category as realistic

Our fan base is never realistic when it comes to this discussion…GRUDEN!!!

There is a difference between realistic and likely.

Les Miles

This fat piece of crap was never a good fit, Long doesn’t have a clue either… You don’t hire a fat slob who looks like all the worst stereotypes of Arkansas and expect a positive image to develop. The funny thing is, I’ve been saying this since year 1… idiots like Jeff and General Hog drank the Koolaid and thought this would work… IT was never going to work!!! I had a conversation this summer with Jack Broyles and I ask him what his did thought and he said very plainly, dad says, “he can’t coach” Frank had Alzheimer’s and could see that… This Fraud can take his trophy slut, his 12 mil and hit the road. Everyday that goes buy with this SLOB in command is one more day wasted heading in the wrong direction.

I’m going with oinkbait and Razor23 are the same person. Otherwise, I must have struck a nerve just by not going with the crowd.

Read all the posts of “Well, next year we have…” from over the years. We lack SEC caliber players. Simple as that. It takes a better quality of football player than are in our program. Nothing will change until better players start committing to this program. New coach, D, whatever?

well we always here how good the recruiting class is I do not think it’s the players at all I just think it’s time for the coaches to go

I mean when I was doing something wrong coach would light a fire in my a $$ and we would go do it

Man, you act as if there are no consequences to maintaining status-quo. Who will sign to play for dead-man-walking. That’s what every recruiter going against him will be pointing out to recruits.

I’ve read enough since Saturday late that makes me think your “the roll down the hill” thing may already be underway. But honestly, I wouldn’t make a bet either way.

I don’t understand why fans are talking about firing this coach. AD Long has his man. CBB has done nothing good on the field but our football program has stability and continuity at the highest level. We never have to worry about another school comes stealing CBB, or CBB would leave for another job. That’s priceless, $30 millions is really nothing. Keep paying the man.

I say we take a hard look at Kurt Anderson for the head hog post. Just look at what he’s done for the O-Line. Maybe we also take a hard look at the Ark State Head Coach. He has been able to produce some good teams. Butch Jones and Les Miles might be available.

Justin Fuente VA Tech
Brent Venables dc Clemson
Charlie Strong South Florida
Clay Helton USC
Skip Holtz LA Tech

Fuente? Never gonna happen

Venables? Waiting for Oklahoma to call

Strong? Reasonable choice, however his introverted personality will not play well.

Helton? You have lost your mind.

Holtz? Reasonable choice, however too many will hate him from the jump and if he doesn’t win at a high level he will be gone in a few years putting us in a really bad cycle

Dino Babers from Syracuse looks pretty good right now. Nice win over Clemson tonight.

My opinion isn’t worth a cup of coffee but what about Rhett Lashlie? He is from Arkansas and was a very successful OC at Auburn and is now a Head Coach. He just MIGHT be the second coming of Frank Broyles.

Old Dumb Hog Fan

Keep an eye on Matt Campbell - Iowa St

Yep. Think you are on to something here. Guy can coach up players and that is what we need.

Actually saw Herbstreit say his name yesterday. Said any P5 opening should be looking hard.

Guy has a 1.5 million a year contract and his buyout is a lot less than Bret’s. May end up cheaper and take us towards the right direction

Brent Venables.
When Coach B was hired they interviewed Kirby Smart, Brent Venables and B. Wow what a difference between the 3 coaches.