Gus Bus

I hadn’t really been exposed to nor followed the Malzahn and Nutt saga, but I hear what you’re saying. There seems to be a good deal of continued resistance toward Gus.

Edit: I do think Adam Ford’s story [as per link above] is insightful with respect to the various candidates. The UA needs to get it right, regardless of the chosen one. No time for a mulligan :shock:

Coming from the king of dumbass comments that’s rich.

I can’t stand Malzahn, have dealt with him personally and he is an arrogant JA. Having said that he is one of the best offensive minds out there.

That’s an interesting dilemna, Dawg. It seems like our fan base is fractured over the Gus bus. I’m over and out for the afternoon, but in case you missed it earlier, Ford pens an intriguing story on not only Malzahn, but numerous other viable possibilities:

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/11/2 … kansas-job

Go Hogs.

Thank you sir.

I’ve never been a fan of Gus but I’ll tell you what…

If he chooses to come home given what he has going at Auburn, I’ll be a fan of his for life!

Until he double crosses you and leaves the Hogs in a puddle of slop.

I wasn’t really a fan of Gus in the beginning and still remain somewhat indifferent, although the guy’s body of work over time has been impressive. Opinions for the most part seem to run strong, however, one way or another.

From a distance, I had always heard there were primarily two camps in Arkansas, one supporting Malzahn and the other supporting Nutt. A story recently even seemed to imply that there were geographical lines involved. Folks in the Little Rock area and central Arkansas, for the most part, backed Nutt. Whereas, people in the NW portion of the state were mostly Gus supporters.

No idea whether any of this business is true, but our fan base needs to be united on the next Head Hog, in my opinion. It would also seem to me that there are a number of qualified candidates who may be a very good fit for the program.

Realistically there were many, myself included, that didn’t support either of those two. While Malzahn used his players and powerful friends to get the OC job he did do a great job as OC. Nutt was just…well I won’t say what I think of Nutt.

While I believe Malzahn is one of the best offensive minds in College Football I don’t trust him.

That’s a reasonable explanation, Dawg. It makes sense. I liked Nutt in the beginning. Over time, though, not so much. The best description that I ever heard about HDN, be it scheme, in game coaching adjustments, player development or whatever, was that he could do a lot with a little, but little with a lot.

I just read where Tennessee whiffed on Mike Gundy and MSU named the Penn State OC, Moorhead, as HC. According to some sources, the next target for Tennessee may be Chad Morris and the Purdue coach, Jeff Brohm. If true, it would sure seem that Arkansas has made some sorta play for Mike Norvell, a UCA graduate in Tennessee’s backyard.

Rank speculation on my part.

Back to the rockyard for me.

Go Hogs.

I hope so…read earlier Tenn is no longer considering Morris. It’s the Silly Season so who knows.

Agreed my feelings exactly. I wanted Tubberville instead of Nutt just like I wanted Johnson instead of Hatfield but my guy never gets hired. We never hire anyone forward thinking…because…well…ya know…Arkansas

The people doing the hiring this time on this HC deal could put their football knowledge in a thimble and it would be less than half full! They need to learn from previous mistakes and let football people make the decision on who to hire to lead our hogs.

Exactly which “football people” currently on campus do you want making this decision?

Well…you know the 70yr old big money donors who are driving this Gus Bus right down our collective throats.

If only they were as smart as you (and you were in their position…LOL) we would be in great shape, huh? LMAO

Hoping not, but you may be onto something, Dawg. If true, it will be interesting to see if the UA is really Malzahn’s dream job or simply a ploy to drive the money train. Regardless, we need a good hire by no later than Saturday evening, in my opinion.

No excuses.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … -arkansas/

Hoping not, but you may be onto something, Dawg. If true, it will be interesting to see if the UA is really Malzahn’s dream job or simply a ploy to drive the money train. Regardless, we need a good hire by no later than Saturday evening, in my opinion.

While I have a lot of respect for Mike Irwin I don’t believe he has any insider info. I honestly think Gus is playing us for leverage, time will tell.