Chad Morris [Update]

Understood, I was willing to wait and waited 5yrs however this season we had athletes who had been in the system for 3yrs who seemed lost and didn’t know the playbook. How does that happen? In my mind there was a lack of focus from Bielema and that is why he is gone.

Chris Low (ESPN) just tweeted its a done deal, Morris will be introduced later today

Bake, I think (and you know what that is worth) that people are willing to wait even longer than 5 years IF THEY SEE MOVEMENT in the right direction. If he has our offense rolling by year 2 or 3 and then starts working on defense, that will be showing movement in the right direction. With BB (and since I didn’t like the hire when made I am not the best one to talk about this) he was making improvement by year 3 and even though the wins were not that high, most people were on board, he even started to win me over. (Oh there are always some unhappy with anything, but most were thinking we were on the right track). But the melt down at the end of year 4 and the dismissal year 5 took away that hope. I had no hope that if we waited 10 years things would be where we wanted them.

I think Arkansas has the skill set to play fast, immediately. The OL couldn’t have been worse over the past two years, but we have speed where it’s needed. I’m not sure about the quarterback position, but it will be interesting to see what Gerry Bohanon does at this point and Connor Noland seems to be jacked up and excited about Chad Morris being his next coach. Kids in Texas are likely to have a keen interest on this development, as well as high school coaches, who worship the guy, here.

It should be a very intriguing offseason program and Morris will need a ton of help on defense, but in my opinion, big and slow just left the building.

Go Hogs.

I suspect Bohannon will be one of the first recruits Morris calls this week or should be.

Morris isn’t playing around he has already made a OC decision.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … ent-323473

Otis, is mad because someone posted a VIP 247 comment this morning from Otis saying that he is hearing Venables will be Morris’ DC.

If true that’s AWESOME

The story broke yesterday that Morris was tageting Venables as DC and the UA was willing to pay 2.5m to get him. This is gonna be an exciting week.

I didn’t say targeting. I knew that, but everyone said no way.

Well…big money plus being closer to his parents in Kansas…who knows

All I’ve got to say…WOOO PIG SOOO RAZORBACKS…I’m jacked…something positive…I’ve enjoyed everyone posts and rebuttals or replies…it’s a good day to be a Razorback fan…

“We like to score and we like to score fast.” - Chad Morris

Hop on board Gerry Bohanon. Exciting times, await.

Having lived in Texas for many years, I have heard about Chad Morris for a long time. A couple of buddies from Austin and College Station called yesterday. Both were very impressed by the selection of the new Head Hog.

It will be important to find a salty DC, but Morris sure said all the right things at his presser this morning. His offense is going to be organized chaos at the speed of sound. He knows defense is going to be an important factor to success and coaching for Dabo Swinney against both ACC and SEC teams should underscore the importance. Otherwise, I really liked what Morris had to say and more importantly, current players and new recruits should also be impressed.

“You better have speed. If you don’t have it, you’re chasing it.” - Chad Morris

Woo Pig.

I love the quote from Coach Morris about speed. There is no conference in which that is more true than the SEC.

Gene Chizik goes wholehog on Chad Morris.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … ecord-smu/

Well said.

Just passing through, but I think John Chavis would be an outstanding DC, as Dawg has mentioned, elsewhere. Anyone know anything about Chizik from his DC days at Auburn and later, UT? Just curious, really.

Go Hogs.

Given the love that Gene Chizik has been showing Chad Morris, I really thought he might be a candidate for DC. I read today that Chizik is staying with ESPN and the SEC network.

Personally, I think John Chavis would be a huge improvement, from what we’ve seen over the past 5 years.

With the comments Gene C. Has made about our hogs I sure don’t blame him for staying out of Arkansas. I think he is a jerk! If he’s so good why did he get fired at Auburn? Gus will be the next one fired at Auburn and I hope the honeymoon ends next year!
Any defensive coordinantor we get will do a better job than Gene. Think about this our players still on the hill have watched SEC network and heard him trash talk our hogs. Do you actually think any of them would want to play for him! I sure wouldn’t.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]
With the comments Gene C. Has made about our hogs I sure don’t blame him for staying out of Arkansas. I think he is a jerk! If he’s so good why did he get fired at Auburn? Gus will be the next one fired at Auburn and I hope the honeymoon ends next year!
Any defensive coordinantor we get will do a better job than Gene. Think about this our players still on the hill have watched SEC network and heard him trash talk our hogs. Do you actually think any of them would want to play for him! I sure wouldn’t.[/quote:3ger3j5b]

I wasn’t advocating support toward Chizik, Army. Point well taken though, if he has been badmouthing Razorback football, as you have mentioned. Chavis would be a major step forwarded as DC, in my opinion.

Don’t think at this time that there’s anyone available more capable than Chavis, if possible we need to go ahead and pull the trigger if he’s interested. The worst that can happen is that it doesn’t work and if that happens you find someone else and move on, we were promised the best and I don’t see who else CCM could be talking about. WPS