Chad Morris [Update]

Agreed.

There’s no doubt the powers that be had their mind made up that they wanted a head coach that was going to run a spread offense. Now we have to find a DC that can at least slow the oppositions offense down to keep us out of a shoot out every weekend. We won’t be long finding out how good he can recruit Texas which was high on the list of qualities we were looking for in a HC. Within 3 years we will know if this guys a home run or just a long fly ball and a out. Myself I’m all in with Mr Morris wishing him the best as a new era begins ! WPS

A lot of folks wanted Malzahn because they loved his offense but Morris runs the same offense. We all wanted to recruit better in Texas and again Morris should have that covered. Give the man a chance to assemble a staff and see how he does. He will need to completely retool the offense and then try to recruit SEC defensive talent.

I know some have some clever quips to criticize Morris but in the next couple of days I don’t think anyone of us will hear criticism from outside the program.

In addition to everything positive already said and written about the guy, my favorite quote is from Clint Stoerner, Smash.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … new-coach/

Go Hogs.

I hope that Morris is the right hire. Best wishes to Coach and his yet to be named staff. WPS

Just been reading some crazy stuff on Hogville about Venables coming as DC. I don’t know where they get this stuff. They were quoting Otis on this one. Talking about a “pipe dream” that would be one!!!

It may not happen but Morris is going all out

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/arkan … -arkansas/

Billy Dawson will be happy with this hire. He will get a quarterback out of the deal.

Morris has a close relationship with Venables … press reporting is that Morris wants to bring Venables to Fayetteville. Might be enough to excite a few recruits …

Agreed

14-22 unimpressive at SMU. High school offense won’t work in a big boy conference. Maybe I’m wrong

Strange high school offense is working at Auburn…

:? U

And at Bama, Miss State, and Ole Miss

Chad Morris is a legendary high school coach among other high school coaches in Texas. In three years, he has given SMU a bowl bid, after taking over a program that had completely tanked. As with Malzahn, his “high school” offense has worked well and blew the doors off at Clemson.

Let’s get this done.

The record is deceiving. 1. SMU was the biggest dumpster fire in college football when he took over. And 2. SMU, because of their death penalty, self imposed very strict guidelines on the academic side of recruiting and accepting student athletes. They are the epitome of taking the student part more seriously than the athlete part. Meaning, if you don’t have the grades or ACT scores that they feel you can instantly be successful at their school, then you can’t be recruited. That cuts into the talent pool A LOT!!! So the fact that he took over a job with those restrictions, and still made that team bowl eligible for the only the second or third time in over 30 years is impressive.

Agreed. For the naysayers go watch some video. We have gotten a great coach and I honestly believe he is going to have success at Arkansas.

http://footballscoop.com/news/report-de … -24-hours/

Done deal?

I think the issue is people don’t understand what it takes to build a consistent winner. I didn’t know about Morris when his name surfaced. So, I looked him up. At Clemson, they started on his offense (84th PPG before he arrived, 24th first year), and then brought the defense up to match. It took two years for the Clemson offense to explode (6th in 2nd year), then another two years for the defense to rise (that was Venables). At SMU, it has taken him three years (with much harder admittance requirements) to get the O rolling. 79 in PPG in his first year to #6 this year (128 the year before he arrived). We are sitting at 63rd this year. My guess is two - three years to get the offense where he wants it, then at like the other two stops, he will start working on the defense. At least another 2-3 years. So, for him to get this really rolling may take six years.

However, I’m not sure many fans will be willing to wait that long. I said the same thing about the fans waiting on Bielema, only I thought it would take him closer to 10 years because of his style. Everyone told me when Bret was hired, they were willing to wait (they weren’t), I wonder if they’d be willing to wait this time.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Razorbacks on the rise.