SEC Tournament

They started off shooting 63%. I expected them to cool off, but I didn’t expect them to go scoreless for 4 mins.

That was a fast 5 and a terrible call on the 3 shot

I was fixing to ask if that was a full five

Intense!!! Simply put, our men finished. Controlled the tempo, took care of the ball, and scored when needed. Great Game!!!

Tomorrow will be tough playing at 2 and finishing so late, but our boys can do it.

FL and KY was the two teams I was worried about playing. Didn’t think we’d beat either. Glad I was wrong.

I am a little nervous about TN. To me TN didn’t play very well today and won. Our guys looked like they were getting a little tired.

Agreed on the Tennessee game. If we can get a steady diet of Gafford and attack the rim like we did tonight, we have a shot.

I didn’t even realize that Florida was ranked tonight. #23, so Arkansas beat another ranked team. Ended an 0-8 streak and beat a ranked team. How sweet it is.

General Florida got beat in every phase of the game after the first 15 minutes of the first half.
They won’t be ranked Monday!
K. Allen didn’t beat the hogs. It’s a good win but we had some horrible mistakes in the last few minutes. Turning over the ball in bounding it. Fouling a shooter on a 3 point attempt. I was glad Cook was taken out they were going to express him to the charity stripe.
Bardford had a double double and Gafford had one too! I think Florida got tired tired.
There some mistakes to fix but the hogs looked better tonight.

One of the best games I’ve seen the Hogs play this year. Well coached and for the most part well played. TN will be a tough out even though they didn’t play well tonight.

Great job by Mike Anderson, his coaching staff, and especially the players. This was a true team win by a hungry, veteran team. Super game by Barford, Gafford, and Beard. Well done men. WPS

I was surprised that our team looked as fresh as they did, but I do,worry about that 3rd game in 3 days today. I wish the games today were played at a later time slot, let’s say 1st semi-final at 3pm with with 2nd to start 1/2 hour after the end of that game.
Then SEC Championship game on Sunday at 3pm.
The Hogs played really good at times during the game and the switch to the matchup zone was very effective, makes me wonder why it wasn’t deployed much more against teams during the year that had great 3 point shooting games against the Hogs.
Hopefully, we will see more of it the rest of the season.
Yesterday, Gafford stayed out of critical foul trouble which is key to any success this team will have from this point on. Gafford has to play 25-30 minutes for us to be at our best.
A win today would be awesome, but if we do it will probably put us back into a final against Kentucky and we just can’t match up with them and their length/talent, they’ve got the Hogs number and our guys know it. I would rather not have to see that again.
Meanwhile, every media type is doing all they can do to expedite Gafford away from Arkansas an directly into the NBA draft because no one wants to see Arkansas have a guy around long enough to once again challenge the blue bloods as Corliss did. Gafford would get drafted high based on potential, but he is by no means ready to play an 82 game NBA schedule against grown men, he should stay for another year or possibly two.

Bakedhog, of course that was a fast 5 second call on the out of bounds play along with a phantom foul on Gafford on the late rebound and layup by Chiosa on the baseline called against Gafford, he never came close to touching any part of his body. The refs did their part late to give Florida the opportunity to get back into the game, luckily they missed a bunch of free throws and we made most of ours.
Here’s the thing, we aren’t the sexy team that the powers that be want to sell to viewers across th country at this time of year and I suspect it will only get worse today and if and when we have to play Duke, North Carolina, Kansas or other more valued programs I The eyes of the media/NCAA.

Go Hogs!

Arkansas and Tennessee are different teams since they first met.

Arkansas needs a steady diet of Gafford in this game. Tennessee has stocky men but if Gafford can use his athleticism, none of their players can hang with him.

I look for Macon to pick it up, he’s gotten most of his points at the FT line.

KEEP UP THE GOOD DEFENSE!!!

I imagine this might be a little tough because Arkansas is playing with only about 12 hours of rest, but it can be done. Our bench players will be crucial this game.

Tennessee will most likely attack the paint to try and get Gafford out of the game early with foull trouble, they know that without him on the floor for long stretches we aren’t the same team.
Both teams are improved from when they played that OT thriller at BWA to start the conference season and almost impossible to predict who will win this game, I do worry about the early start after a late game yesterday and day 3, but these guys are 18-22 years old and they do have the depth to not play 35-40 minutes per game.
Macon needs to get going and if he does and Barford continues to get plus 20 we will have a shot at the win.
I have to ask, have any of you seen a player take more shots than Beard does that don’t even get close to the rim, but just literally slam off of the backboard? I haven’t! I know he has hit some big shots along the way this season and that’s what makes these horrible misses so perplexing, I mean those are just ugly misses.
Don’t need any of those today.
CJ Jones needs to maybe show up and hit some shots if he is ever going to live up to what he is supposed to be for this team and now would be as good a time as ever!

Go Hogs beat Vols!!!

We are flat and Tennessee can’t miss.

Tennessee on fire

One thing we might consider is playing aggressive defense, you know, like we would if we really wanted to win

We are, they just can’t miss.

76% and a lot of them were when the shot clock was winding down.

We have a whole 2nd half to play, we’ve got to make adjustments in all facets.

I don’t know if we have enough in the tank, but I don’t expect UT to shoot at that level in the second half unless we just completely wear out physically and continue to allow them wide open shots.
Let’s be honest, UT is a really good team and we’ve already accomplished enough to possibly get off of the dreaded 7-8 seed line next week to a 6 seed and even if we were fortunate enough to win this Tournament we would probably get seeded no higher than a 5 seed.
If we aren’t able to come all the way back today I would hope that we could at least get it to respectability.

Go Hogs!

Game decided by half time. Vols too good.

No way we come back from 19 down if we play anything like we did in the first half