Renegotiate the buyout this week!

Gay,

He won’t ask for a jury trial, he’ll request a bench trial. One judge, one decision that follows the law.

When I said renegotiate the buyout, I never said that meant he would somehow be forced to take less money. The terms and length of the buyout may be negotiable if he is ready to move on from a failed tenure as the HC of The University of Arkansas, Fayetteville.
You made the assumption that I suggest somehow he would be inclined to take less money than what the board of trustees signed off on, which obviously in hindsite was a horrific business decision and one I hope they have learned from and will not repeat going forward.
The board of trustees should bring him in for dialogue to see if their is any interest on his part to work out terms that both can agree to and move on.

Very true- valid point

OMG… I Finally Found The ‘NERVANA’ of Sports Rocket Scientist…
Yeah, Let’s Fire Brett… He’s All The Reasons The Hogs Haven’t WON the National Championship The Last FIVE YEARS!!
PISS on the Fact That We’re Dealing With A Bunch Of 18-22 y.o’s!!
I was at the 1964 National Championship Game, I was at All the Home (about half the roadies) Games Until 2014!
This game is played by BOYS who are trying to get a college education so they can get a JOB that will pay them a Living Wage!
THE SUN WILL RISE AFTER ALL GAMES; WIN or LOSE!! Get Over It, It’s A GAME. PERIOD, Good Day (Paul Harvey)

Randjooe,

I haven’t read any post saying that they expect our Razorbacks to Win A National Championship, I believe most fans here know the history.
However, what is being said and what I believe most Razorback fans want and do expect is that we have a team that can compete and be respectable.
I’m sure that’s what you have come to expect through the many years it appears that you have been a Hog fan is not much different.
The product that the Razorbacks are putting on the field over the past several years is just not good enough and ultimately people have to be held accountable for that product.
As for the players being 18-22 year olds, that’s true and it has always been that way for all Universities and Colleges since competitive athletics were introduced to college campuses, so what’s your point? I mean for decades we have been able to provide an education to our student athletes while at the same time put a quality product on the field of play.
We just want to be able to hold our heads high and be proud to call ourselves Razorback Fans!

Trial by jury may be a right. Regardless, since when does a party get to select the judge? Since when do judges follow the law? And, since when have judges stopped rewriting contract? You only need to look at how often pre-nups are tossed out, ruled different than the actual wording to know that the actual wording in a contract means little to judges.

OR he could take notes from another former Wiscy coach who failed miserably at O state and decided to step down from the program without the buy out. Did it in the best interest of the players mentioning it’s not all about the money. He earned some respect by me.

Bret should follow his footsteps, very similar situation. It’s time, he knows as well as his best supporters, (who won’t admit it) it’s not going to work. He was buffed up and shiny because of the Wiscy program that he didn’t build.

Coach said during press conference/ if he hadn’t lost games last year he would have had a good record??Coach Rhodes said defense played well?I must have missed it. :lol:

I about hit the floor when I saw that comment about having a better record last year. That was the dumbest comment I’ve heard from a HC in years.

Coach also said he could only Coach up to the level of personnel say what? Who’s recruits are playing all I know is Alabama better be ready we’re bringing big boy football! :smiley:

Geez… how in the world CBB would agree to a lower pay-out? He just stays here, goes to Catfish-hole, Pizza Hut, BS on the sideline… and get huge pay every year.

As bad as the buyout is, at this time, is about $12 million, not $15 million because the buyout is prorated based on the number of months and days remaining in the year. Also, the buyout is reduced by the gross earning from any coaching type job; college or professional. No one other than Jeff Long is foolish enough to pay coach B $4 million per year but hopefully he could earn 1 or 2 million per year. If coach B is fired and over the next 3 years somehow he earn $5 million than his buyout will only cost about $7 million.

Sooooo…there is a chance

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ … li=BBnb7Kz

Great Ballz of Fire;

Are any of Your Client’s part of University of Arkansas, and are any of your Client’s in the Athletic Department includeing the Head Coach?

Multitasking while Representing other Client’s or do you in fact have Skin in The Game ie Statement. Business slow, ie Statement.

Remember YOU are a Lawyer and have Standard’s and Ethic’s to account for.

[quote=“gr8”]

Great Ballz of Fire;

Are any of Your Client’s part of University of Arkansas, and are any of your Client’s in the Athletic Department includeing the Head Coach?

Multitasking while Representing other Client’s or do you in fact have Skin in The Game ie Statement. Business slow, ie Statement.

Remember YOU are a Lawyer and have Standard’s and Ethic’s to account for.
[/quote]Lawyers try to sound convincing but far too often they are wrong. Clearly his claim is false. This is the proof: Oregon State announced that the school and head football coach would mutually part ways. In doing so, Andersen agreed to waive the remaining compensation in his contract, which adds up to $12,630,555.

[quote=“Gay”]

Just because Gary Anderson agreed to forfeit his contract does not mean that Bielema would.

I’m trying to picture why anyone in their right mind, ie. Jeff Long, would pay an employee more money if he or she screwed up and got fired, than they would pay that person for actually doing a good job? :shock:

Doesn’t give CBB much incentive to try at this point…

[quote=“Gay”]

How are my claims false! You provided an article whereby a person decides to forfeit their rights? Show me where that was renegotiated by the school and the agent of the coach. Spit it out.

[quote=“Gay”]

Here is some context to that guy walking away. If he was able to take that money, after having these blow ups revealed, then he would be a first. Yet, his contract has moral clauses as well.

Ex-OSU coach Andersen texts reveal frustration

Gary Andersen abruptly left the Oregon State football program on Monday, walking away from a contract with more than $12.4 million remaining on it that would have kept him tied to the Beavers through the 2021 season.

Tuesday, The Oregonian/OregonLive released several text messages exchanged between Andersen and one of its reporters over the past six weeks that provided some perspective on the former coach’s decision.

Andersen began to openly criticize his assistants before Oregon State’s loss to Minnesota on Sept. 9.

Andersen told The Oregonian/OregonLive (Sept. 3): “If the defense can not get better … I will be making some decisions I really do not like or want to make. We will grind!!”

Andersen (Sept. 4): “Self promoting… that’s what this business has become!!.. That’s the biggest reason I am not long for this (expletive)!! Kids are a second thought or third or fourth!!”

Oregon State, coach Andersen part ways

Oregon State announced Monday that head football coach Gary Andersen and the school have mutually agreed to part ways and will release each other from the remaining contractual obligations, effective immediately.

After Oregon State’s 48-14 loss to Minnesota, Andersen specifically mentioned his staff and addressed his contract when he texted the reporter, John Canzano.

Andersen (Sept. 9): “Hard place right now… one thing I guarantee you is this: This staff needs to figure it out. I ain’t going to die doing this (expletive)! It’s on me and I get that and right now… Beaver Nation deserves much better! End of story!!”

Andersen (Sept. 12): “I have them by the (expletive) for every penny, no buyout for the next four not counting this year… but that’s not my style!! If it does not improve I will do some crazy (expletive) with my salary so I can pay the right coaches the right money!!”

And after Oregon State’s loss to Washington State on Sept. 16:

Andersen (Sept. 20): “I hired the wrong (expletive) guys and are still working our way through a bunch of recruiting years that stunk!! It’s year three! If these (expletives) can’t get it right I will not just say fire them and start over!! That’s not the way to go about it. If I (expletive) it up that bad I will take the bullet and ride off into the sunset! I will stay old school!! I will not die doing this (expletive)!! Stay tuned!”

And finally, before Andersen’s final game, a loss at USC on Oct. 7, he texted the newspaper:

“I could give a flying (expletive) about natives! I have not looked or listened to any of that (expletive) good or bad… My plan won’t change. Coach my (expletive) off for these kids seven more times!! They will get all I got!! … I will grind for these fans they deserve that!!!”

Andersen’s statement to announce his departure from the university Monday reflected the sentiments he expressed in the text messages:

“After many discussions with [athletic director] Scott [Barnes], waiving my contract is the correct decision and enables the young men and the program to move forward and concentrate on the rest of this season,” the statement said. “… Coaching is not about the mighty dollar. It is about teaching and putting young men in a position to succeed on and off the field. Success comes when all parties involved are moving in the same direction.”

The Beavers have named assistant Cory Hall their interim coach.

If they were, I wouldn’t be able to reveal such.
Business is always good. Yet, I’m semi retired now. Spend winters in Naples, Fl; summers in Idaho. But I’m thinking about Arizona after this last hurricane.