never enough

hmmmm…betting now that hogs beat the no. 11 team in nation, the “lynch mob” is now on the “that team was overrated” wagon huh? keep rubbing your little lamps, click your heels three times, hell, maybe you fools will get your wish, and we can start all over at 3,4 wins for couple years, fire him , rinse , repeat cycle :lol:

Beating the # 11 team twice this year so far.

Did you really see more than just a few idiots wanting a coaching change? I didn’t. I saw many expressing concern about one thing or another, but say only a very few actually saying BB needed to go.

And that wasn’t going to happen. BB’s job was safe and is safe (as it should be). If we had lost the last 4 games of the year and finished 5-7, he wasn’t going to be fired. Would that have put him on the hot seat for next year? Probably. But not fired.

Actually some of those want JL and CBB fired.

I have seen a very few who want that, they are the “bring back Bobby” group. (Like that is possible, regardless as to if it is a good idea).

Neither one is getting fired any time soon!

Not true, I’ve never said bring back Bobby.

:smiley:

True and I wasn’t thinking of you.

OK, MOST who want BB and JL gone are in that group.

Honestly I didn’t think you wanted BB fired. Concerned? Yes. Want him fired? I didn’t think so. Show (again) how fallible I am!

I want Long fired, but it has a lot more to do with the “business decisions” he is (having to) making. If anyone wants me to explain, I will, but most of you can probably guess (GSD, expansions, ticket costs rising, etc, etc).

As for Bret, yes I said we should fire him, but it was based off the notion that the 2012-2013 classes not being here (through graduations, and development to the point the players went pro) was JLS and BP’s fault. If that was true (which it ain’t) then CBB hasn’t done nothing, if you pay someone 3+ million and he does nothing he should be fired. The other side was, if you do give Bret credit for graduating and developing players, then the AUB loss is 100% on him. That should put him on the Hot Seat.

Now, the OP said we are now saying Florida was overrated, not true, the sportscasters are saying that, Finebaum was part of an ESPN panel this morning that said the SEC East was the worst division in Power 5. The reason was AR’s win and KY’s loss.

So, I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid yet. Remember I said we would beat LSU because of a let down. Hope, I’m right, but last night, I just couldn’t shake the feeling that this LSU team is different (Orgeron’s attitude rubbing off maybe?). Also, after watching what Mistake did against the Aggies at Stark Vegas, I’m worried about that. Now, what happens if we win those two, or don’t? Probably nothing, but what happens if we lose to Missouri? A 1 pt loss to Missery is worse than a 56-3 loss to AUB

[quote=“bakedhog19741”]

I want Long fired, but it has a lot more to do with the “business decisions” he is (having to) making. If anyone wants me to explain, I will, but most of you can probably guess (GSD, expansions, ticket costs rising, etc, etc).

As for Bret, yes I said we should fire him, but it was based off the notion that the 2012-2013 classes not being here (through graduations, and development to the point the players went pro) was JLS and BP’s fault. If that was true (which it ain’t) then CBB hasn’t done nothing, if you pay someone 3+ million and he does nothing he should be fired. The other side was, if you do give Bret credit for graduating and developing players, then the AUB loss is 100% on him. That should put him on the Hot Seat.

Now, the OP said we are now saying Florida was overrated, not true, the sportscasters are saying that, Finebaum was part of an ESPN panel this morning that said the SEC East was the worst division in Power 5. The reason was AR’s win and KY’s loss.

So, I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid yet. Remember I said we would beat LSU because of a let down. Hope, I’m right, but last night, I just couldn’t shake the feeling that this LSU team is different (Orgeron’s attitude rubbing off maybe?). Also, after watching what Mistake did against the Aggies at Stark Vegas, I’m worried about that. Now, what happens if we win those two, or don’t? Probably nothing, but what happens if we lose to Missouri? A 1 pt loss to Missery is worse than a 56-3 loss to AUB
[/quote] ?

I really don’t know who the mob in “lynch mob” were on this board? I also read no posts here referring to Florida as overrated now that the Hogs defeated them. One of the most foolish things I ever have seen written on this board was by you when you stated Bielema was the best football head coach in Arkansas history.

I have never called for Bielema to be fired in 2016 under any circumstance. I have just stated a belief he will not be here long term akin to Broyles or even Nutt. The reason is his roller coaster teams always seemingly better as the season progresses. Then you have the matter of team collapses. These type problems all point to coaching. These fans should see something at least close to a Florida type performances every week. Not bummers like Toledo & Auburn mixed in all the time.

If you even had a clue as to why the team’s performances are inconsistent, you might be able to make a semi-coherent remark about them.

[quote=“fatback”]

The College Sunday guys said because Florida lost to AR and KY lost to GA, it showed the East was the worst division in Power 5.

I have more than a clue. I have a reason. BAD COACHING. Read the post, I don’t think you know what coherent means. A team that has sporadic extreme ups & downs is obviously not well coached on a continual basis. People that want to ignore the past are most likely choosing to forever re-live it.

So it’s now 12-of-16 overall and 6-4 in SEC play with the losses being to No. 1 Alabama, No. 9 Auburn, No. 10 Texas A&M and an unranked Mississippi State team last season.

During that time there have been two wins over top 18 ranked Ole Miss squads, a win over No. 9 LSU, a win over No. 11 Florida, a win over No. 15 TCU, a win over Auburn, a win over Kansas State and one over Missouri, Louisiana Tech, Alcorn State and UT-Martin each.

It’s interesting to look at them individually instead of in some stat.

But calling it “bad” coaching seems a reach to me.

Dudley, if we finish 2-1, what is our most likely Bowl destination. Just curious. I know the SEC has a pecking order, but at 8-4 (I really hope 9-3), would we be headed to Nashville, or a higher type bowl?

The way this team just performed against Florida was all any fan could possibly want. I am just looking at the big picture. Over two years of a dysfunctional QB that nobody apparently did anything to remedy until Enos was hired in the QB’s third year as a starter. Then an O-Line that takes 2/3 of the season to finally be sorted out & gelled. Bielema is going to have to respond to these type team deficiencies much faster or we will be stuck in mediocrity evermore with him.

You mean the QB that played when he could not practice because he could not lift his arm to throw? Goodness, he was horrid after he got healthy (that is sarcasm for the uninitiated.)

That was really good Marty!

That was on Bielema for not having a more capable replacement. Hurt shoulder or not. BA never led the team on a late game winning drive until the latter 1/2 of his third season up there as starter. BA always fouled up as in dysfunctional. His little bro has already done it numerous times this first year as a starter as all great QB’s in Razorback history did many times. Jon Brittenum, Bill Montgomery, Joe Ferguson, Ron Calcagni, Quinn Grovey, Barry Lunney & Clint Stoerner.

the statement i made about saying florida was overrated was just meant “in general”, not any one single person. ive come to realize that some just dont like bielema for whatever reasons, so they will always be very critical of him. havent really seen anything other than the auburn letdown that justifies wanting to fire him, but there again, to each their own