If CBB doesn't have at least 9 wins (Fire or Not)?

Hilarious.

I posted that I looked it up. According to 247 Both had 1 5* recruit, and counting the 2008 class (not exactly all Petrino’s guys) and 2013 (not all CBB guys) and 2017 class (that hasn’t signed yet) it is 22 for CBP and 21 for CBB. However, Scout ranks it as 2 - 5* for CBP and 0 5* for CBB. Yet, CBP has 21 - 4* and CBB has 22 - 4*.

Yet, as some have pointed out, for one reason or another many of those under CBP never played a snap here. Also, Dudley and Richard have both gone back and corrected what they said, into what they meant to say, and that is the 4/5* that CBB has gotten, actually had better offer sheets than the ones CBP got.

I don’t know about Scout?? However I don’t see nothing on 247Sports that puts the Four Star totals nearly as close as you are stating between Petrino & Bielema. Much less having Petrino ahead of Bielema as you state. Davenport asked for an equal 4 year comparison. Petrino recruited 5 cycles here to Bielema’s current 4 cycles here. One year either being the first or last of Petrino recruits must be dropped to be fair. Although dropping that year or not still shows Bielema with more 4 Stars on 247. NOT PETRINO. 247Sports is also a composite recruiting site.

Petrino 4 Stars

1. De’Anthony Curtis
  2. Joe Adams
  3. Tyler Wilson
  4. Jarius Wright

5. Darius Winston-----5 Star
6. Ronnie Wingo Jr
7. Knile Davis
8. Anthony Oden
9. Anthony Leon
10. Colby Berna

11. Calvin Barnett
12. Cam Feldt

13. Brey Cook
14. Marquel Wade
15. Quinta Funderburk

16. Jonathan Williams
17. Keon Hatcher
18. Ortha Peters
19. Taiwan Johnson
20. Demetrius Dean

Bielema 4 Stars

1. Alex Collins
  2. Hunter Henry
  3. Denver Kirkland
  4. Austin Allen

5. Bijhon Jackson
6. Brian Wallace
7. JoJo Robinson
8. Frank Ragnow

9. Hjalte Froholdt
10. Will Gragg
11. Cheyenne O’Grady
12. Ty Storey
13. Jamario Bell
14. Jalen Merrick
15. Jeremiah Ledbetter

16. McTelvin Agim-------5 Star
17. Devwah Whaley
18. Austin Capps
19. T.J. Hammonds
20. Briston Guidry
21. Jake Heinrich

Petrino has 15 or 16 (4 Stars) depending on which of his 5 recruiting cycles you cut. Bielema has 21 (4 Stars) in 4 recruiting cycles or years. That is clear advantage, Bielema.

Go back and look at the composite rankings. In 2011 there were 6 4*. 247 does not list all six in our “home” page. Which is 22. Why they don’t list the other 3 on our page I do not know, that same year Scout has us listed as having 7-4* recruits, which doesn’t include Wade who is listed as a 3*. Don’t worry, another Bert fan tried this yesterday.

2011 - #21. 5* 0 46 321

Scout has the 2011 class listed as this

1. Bret Cook 5*
  2. Kelvin Fisher 4*
  3. Quinta Funderburk 4* (never played a snap, currently still in college @ Norfolk St)
  4. Keante Minor 4*
  5. Tevin Mitchell 4* (he was honorable mention freshmen AA)
  6. Andrew Peterson 4*
  7. Mitch Smothers 4*

Trey Flowers (who was probably best of the group) 2*
Mitch Smothers (who was probably the 2nd best) 3*
Marquez Wade 3*

Edit 1:

By the way scroll further down on 247

Just found 3 more on 2011

Smothers, Mitchell, Gosha - they’re listed as signed NLI, not as enrollees

Edit 2:

If you “cut” a CBP cycle. Then it would be year 1 (08). If however, you do that you’d also have to cut several in CBB’s first class (Both Henry and Allen committed prior to CBB).

Numbers, don’t lie, but your attempt at manipulating them is hilarious.

I went back to the Hog 2011 site on 247. Bit confusing there, did additional scrolling, I found Smothers, Mitchell & Gosha. That does add three (4 Stars) to Petrino’s totals on 247. Making Petrino 18 or 19 (4 Stars) depending on which year you cut. Bielema still has Petrino beat on 247 contrary to what you earlier stated by having 21 (4 Stars).

Not too worried about Scout, 247 is the composite site as I stated earlier. No Bert fan, read some of the threads here. I just get tired of you people dragging a stinking dead horse around this site constantly.

Sent you a pm. I am not a Petrino or Bielema fan. I’m a HAWG fan. I don’t believe you can be a fan of both. As a matter of fact an individual on here said he hoped CBB succeeded as a coach and won a NC even if it wasn’t here. I question his loyalty to our program.

I just took RD’s challenge to compare the 4*, he said Petrino only got 4 and Bielema signed way more. That’s just incorrect. That’s why I said in my original post to you, that him and RD both adjusted their stance. They are now saying 4 under Petrino had scholarship offers to LSU or Bama and 24 under CBB has scholarship offers to those schools.

Not sure what you mean by can’t be a fan of both. Do you mean can’t be a fan of BP and BB? Or can’t be a fan of both the Hogs and a coach? If you mean the latter, I disagree to an extent. I will use Lou Holtz as an example. I loved Lou. I was upset when he was fired. I hoped he had success at Minnesota and for the only time in my life, rooted for ND when he was there. Did I support Minnesota or ND more than the Hogs? NO. If we had played either while he was there I would not have had any mixed feelings, etc. Just as a disclosure, I later cooled my support for Lou (lots of reasons, not important why) and by the he was at SC I didn’t have particularly warm feelings for him.

I wasn’t old enough to remember Holtz (well I was, but I was 7 when he left). However, I did not support him at Notre Lame, I also would get offended watching him as an analyst because he was ALWAYS negative towards AR. If you liked him, well I’d say you were also being negative to my beloved Razorbacks, so I now question your loyalty to the U of A and our sports program. See, can’t be a fan of both. For shame, I used to value your opinion and thought you were a Hog fan. At least you admitted the truth. Many won’t ;)-

Yeah its going to be even more hillarious when CBB starts out 0-3 while the media is busy praising Petrino for what he’s done at Louisville in just three years. Everyone’s laughing and whats laughable is that posters are on here defending a coach who started out here 0-13 and is now 0-2 here in SEC play and barely beat La Tech by what one point ?

HILLARIOUS INDEED.

Well you’re really going to hate me bc I believe that anyone who is a fan of CBB or Jeff Long isn’t a Hog fan at all. They are fans of any administrator or coach hired by the University itself and since their loyalty is blind as to what is good and what is bad for the program they by nature CANNOT be fans. Fans care about winning first and foremost. Fans are upset when a coach who goes 21-5 is fired over something as petty as cheating on his wife , hiring his mistress and lying to his AD. IN the grand scheme of things a coach who has a 10million dollar buyout has way more value than any job or mistress. And the rest is frankly just his business. Firing him in order to put yourself up on some pedestal for all the pious zealots of the world who hate themselves and anyone having more sex than them is someone who is NOT a fan.

Oh and I’m third generation Razorback. Although my great grandfather and great Uncles were good friends of Franks most of us in the younger group never liked him and felt he hurt us more than he’s helped us. As you can imagine same with Long. I question your passion for the State of Arkansas and for Razorback football if you want CBB to continue destroying our once proud program.

Wow, you sure are a piece of work.

With someone like you establishing the requirements for being a fan, then I gladly call myself a non fan. I think we are blessed to have Jeff Long and Coach B.

Someone who embraces the Louisville coach might should spend a bit of time in church instead of grandstanding on a message board for a man whose morality is unquestionably suspect.

That’s what I said, can’t be a fan of both

By the way cheering for Petrino instead of the Hogs makes me question your loyalty to our program.

If you are such a big Razorback fan, third generation and all. What do you think spouting 100% negativity on this board accomplishes? Going on & on about a coach long gone and sure as hell NOT EVER COMING BACK. You just come off as a belly aching moron. A cancer to any football program pro or con. Go to the Louisville board where you will be preaching to the choir with your love for all things Bobby. Most people here are glad he is gone. His toxic personality closes more doors than his football success opens. He is like a time bomb. You mentioned Strong’s players in another post. Obviously aware of problems coming when Bobby must do some serious recruiting.

As I stated, I later changed my feelings toward Lou. One of the key reasons was his comments about UofA later. So, when I liked him, he wasn’t saying anything negative about the Hogs. So YES, I am a Hog fan. Made that clear. Made it clear I didn’t like Lou (even when I liked him a lot) more than the Hogs. Yes, you can be a fan of both the Hogs and a coach (be it a coach of the Hogs or a coach of another school.)

Check your pm

Opinionated much? Just love it when people get to decide if someone else is a “true fan” based on THEIR criteria. What a joke. (And you won’t find a bigger supporter of BP than me, you won’t find someone who argued harder for him not to be fired than me.)

8 wins we keep CBB-7 wins and my knees are shakey. AA is a good QB and the Ole Miss game will show a little more about were our coaching staff is. HOGS YA’LL.

Relevance is the problem. While programs like Ole Miss and Tennessee get legs, we flounder. Not that Georgia is all that good this year, but Missouri, coached by a guy who’s clearly outmatched among his peers, gets within one point of a victory. Texas A&M will clearly find out if they have what it takes, provided they beat Alabama. Defense? I don’t where it disappeared into the Bermuda Triangle. Either Alabama and Texas A&M’s offenses are that awesome or we are that bad. A big but slow offensive line that could at least protect Brandon Allen last year is replaced by an offensive line than can neither consistently block for the run or even give Austin Allen more than three seconds to unload a pass.

If anything, Paul Rhodes, Robb Smith and Kurt Anderson get the boot. Ed Orgeron will be a man without a team at the end of the season when LSU hires a new head coach. Orgeron is proven recruiter and I believe would revive a tenacious defense. Rhodes and Anderson are rookies on the staff. But my gosh, if Alabama can replace Kirby Smart, why can’t we get the right coaches, capable of getting the team prepared in the SEC?

For sure, a losing season should doom Bielema. And if that happens, its time for someone to have enough kahoonas to tell Jeff Long to hit the door, too.

A Louisville fan on here telling us we are not Hog fans. He is either a Louisville fan or suffering from a total loss with reality. Very few people want Petrino back here. Enough people that would rather see the devil coach the Hogs will make sure he never comes back. Petrino is never mentioned in serious circles when P5 jobs become available, His past tarnishes him in recruiting youngsters still in high school. Many parents would not want him near their kids. Not a good example in many respects. Some people will not care but good luck with the kids they raised in trying to build a winning football program.

Rome was not built in one day… CBB is building another Rome brick-by-brick so it takes time,
and he is still young… many more years until his retirement
Be patient fans