Hogs vs Missouri!

Where were these comments after the 'Bama game. As usual, the lights go dim for a minute and the cockroaches come out. 17-6…eat it.

Again? Other than Miss. St. this the only game that the team “blew” that they shouldn’t have. They’ve also beaten some teams they shouldn’t have either.

We have a winning record on the road this year and have a top 20 and top 5 recruiting classes coming in. And the tourney issue has been talked to death, so go look at previous discussions on that.

Just the way it is. Human nature is predicated to remember the bad instead of the good. Something good happens and it’s just a nice blip on the day. Something bad happens and all hell breaks loose.

Sorry General. As good as a 17-6 record is, as of today, Arkansas would NOT make the tournament. This is not ten years ago when getting to the magic number of twenty wins gets you in. Selection is tougher. Who is our signature win against? Texas- Arlington? We just lost to the worst team in a weak basketball conference. Despite what Bo, Dudley, Clay, or Chuck may say, unless we get a signature win at either Florida or South Carolina, and take care of business at home, and steal another game or two on the road, and maybe win a game in the SEC Tournament, this team is NIT bound. Sorry to be blunt, but that’s the reality of the situation.

Actually, according to Joe Lunardi, as of today, we are still a 9 seed. It’s shocking, I’ll admit, but all those top 10’s losing to unranked teams at home saved our RPI. Signature wins: Tennessee, Alabama, Vandy, Houston, Texas-Arlington, all have top 60 RPI’s and plays into the field of 68 for the NCAA tourney. And you are doubting what people who spend their life talking and writing about sports say based on what, you own opinion? I agree with you that unless we rebound and do beat who we should beat, then this season can get out of hand and we end up at the NIT. To the rest of what you said, to be blunt, you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket … acketology

Correction: With Bama losing to Auburn again, they fell out of the top 60 RPI.

Hey, General. Don’t know what I’m talking about huh? First off, when I mean signature win, I mean beating teams not just in the RPI top 60. I mean teams in the top 25 like Florida, Kentucky, or South Carolina. Signature wins that would make the Selection Committee take notice. Experts have been on Bo’s show and have asked " Who has Arkansas Beaten?". Lets look at your list. The Vols are much improved and “could” be a signature win by the end of the season. Bama is up and down, but won’t make the Tournament. Vandy is also up and down, but won’t bet in. As for those team we played at the beginning of the year like Texas - Arlington, do you really think wins again say the SWACC or Mid America Conference champs wows the Committee? As for our local “experts”, they have been preaching for almost 2 decades how Arkansas is just 2 or 3 years away from righting the ship in both football and basketball. Also, in order to continue to get access at the University, they have to play nice to the coaches and officials on The Hill. That includes spinning and occasionally reading talking points. Don’t believe me, see Chuck for example. General, unlike some on this board who seem to enjoy complaining and proclaiming how bad Arkansas is at football and basketball, I don’t enjoy being negative. But I can’t and won’t be positive just for the sake of it. That’s just the cynic in me. I made my proclamation about Arkansas not making the Tournament based on logic, and reason combined with experience. How many times has the basketball team come close to the Big Dance only to collapse at the end? More times than I would like to remember. Can they still make the Tournament? Yes. But they sure made their journey there ALOT more difficult on Saturday then it had to be.

Most of what you’re posting is perception. I’m going by the numbers. If you don’t see any of those teams as signature wins, then that’s your business. BUT from a numbers stand point, those were signature wins, even if they don’t go to the tourney. It’s more than just wins/losses, it’s your conference BPI, your teams SOS and RPI as well. Those teams I listed have a leg up on some of these if not all these factors.

Again, most of what you said is your own perception. What you claim to be a logical stance(your own) goes against the numbers analysis of who is in RIGHT NOW(which was your original premise). As to your experience, what’s that? And you’re right, as I said before, if we don’t right the ship and quick, then we can collapse as a team and be bound for the NIT. It starts tomorrow against Vandy to get this right.

You’re right, General, if we start winning again tomorrow night, Missouri will be forgotten by March. But I don’t think we can afford any more losses to a lower rpi team, unless we’re going to beat Florida or South Carolina on the road, which won’t be too easy, maybe almost impossible. If we go 6-2 from here on in, that is, we win all the winnable games, and then win a game in the tourney, we’ll make it with about a eight or nine seed. That means about zero margin for error now.

I know the selection committee is supposed to look at your body of work through the season but they also use the theory of “what have you done for me lately”. Lost two of the last 3 lately, trending down,it can either begin tonight with Vandy or for all practible purposes end tonight with Vandy. Our time starts today the players and coaches hold their destiny in their own hands to how far this team reaches. Take care of your business and you won’t be on the bubble or hoping someone else loses here and wins there and maybe we get in type deal. Been reading some posts where some fans have said we have already overachieved, I thought all along we had the talent to be a tournament team and thought that was the general consensus, if not than I can see why some are defending MA so vehemently. I could see their reasoning if we had brought in a load of freshmen but we didn’t we brought a couple star Juco’s that have contributed mightily to go along with 5 returning good players. Let’s start trending up tonight with a good win over Vandy! WPS

Sorry, not happening