Freedom of opinion eliminated from this site.

Scout is looking for an owner of the Hog board over there, but please don’t buy it; I still check in over there from time to time.

Maybe YOU don’t realize that many of us (me included) have been paying for access to the WHS site for over 10 years, and that we liked what we had. I’m really tired of the condescension from folks like you. The reality is that we were indeed “forced” here! There were a few crazy posters and people who were critical of the current leadership, but most of them were resoundingly called out by the majority of true fans with functioning brains.m That said, censoring the negative stuff doesn’t really improve the board…it just makes it less democratic.

Thanks for educating me on my rights. You might want to seek some help with civility in between your lectures, though.

Your posts are not as popular here as they were where you came from. There are people who don’t agree with you and know how to express it. Sorry you don’t like it. There is a point where being “honest” about players ability becomes just vicious attacks that are going too far. Those get banned. If you come on here and try to be fair in your assessments, not always negative, you will get a more open response. If all you do is attack and complain, you will mostly be ignored and won’t like it when people do bother to waste time correcting you. JMVHO.

Excuse me?? Do you have ANY CLUE as to my steadfast support of CBB, JL, and this program that is being built by a coach we should all be proud of? It’s exactly your tone and presumption that is so infuriating…I am a paying customer of WHS, and I have every right to complain that I preferred the old site. I’m happy to know that you wasted your precious time insulting me - particularly on false assumptions regarding my thoughts on our players. There is likely no fan with more passion and love for the Razorbacks than me. My dad and I have had season tickets since 1963, and I am a proud alum of the UoA. Now you can run around and pronounce the standings in your “popularity of posts” competition. WOO PIG!!

This is simply one old fart’s OPINION: (not fact; not educated, validated, venerated, vindicated, elucidated, expertly stated gospel; - - - just pure and simple, unsupported OPINION).

I would venture to say that not many among us would vehemently take umbrage and fly off the handle in a fit of angst at any poster’s civilly stated bone of contention. Many of us, I daresay, would not look askance upon a second, revisited, somewhat farther reaching exposition or supplementation of the grievance being aired. Many of us just need to vent sometimes; that is simply an understandable product of human nature.

However, when a miffed, bellyaching dissident persists in repeatedly haranguing and harassing the board membership at large, many of us tend to very quickly take it personally and to categorize the poster in a substantially unfavorable light.

I don’t believe that there are many among us who would dispute anyone’s right to present a grievance or concern. There is simply no redeeming justification for continuing to bang on a nail that is already counter sunk.

So you agree with me…having been repeatedly harangued and harassed by some on this board, it does become personal. When accused of not supporting our players, coaches, and staff when that’s NEVER been the case, you might be a tad miffed too.

I will forever think of you as a viceroy of verbosity, and you did bring a smile to my face with your eloquence.

We’re all Hogs fans…none more than me. Let’s pull together.

I can vouch for you. I found it very weird reading the comments and to see it was directed to ColoradoHog. You one of the good guys for crying out loud. You are like many others that are being broadbrushed, stereotyped by others that have some air of residency to HI. If it is troubling for you, imagine me, no matter what I say about CBB, the success this season so far, it goes to a deaf ear, because of simple mere fact I like CBP too. On Dallas radio today, they were discussing CBP, his success and how he has in their words redeemed himself from the Arkansas fiasco. Just proves the point that people tend to forget. They even say they think Louisville should be #1, short bias for Bama and OSU. I found the hatred for Bobby Petrino incomprehensible. Yea I get his mistake and all, but the hypocrisy of the very few that say move on can’t move on themselves. They flame anyone that really appreciated the guy. They prove to intellectually incapable of separating the fact that a true Razorback fan would show appreciation for any coach and player. i.e. In my opinion, Stan Heath was the worst coach at UA. But I don’t hate those that appreciated him for what he did or at least tried to do. We let murderers out of prison and they walk as a free man. But haters intend to hate CBP for the lie he told to hide a secret affair to their dying day.

With all of that said and what bothers me the most, we are having a big game this week. I am home in Dallas and it just don’t feel the same without the comrade built of of WHS. We had a vast array of opinions. Short a few, for the most part it was tame. Maybe with all of the UA activities that start this week, I will be in better mood., but I am becoming convince there has to be a better way. Let me know if you find it.

Hello Hog:
Good to hear from you!

Sent you a PM

HA, I think I can answer your question:

I personally liked Petrino’s X’s and O’s, but as I said before, like you and many others, he did things that should have gotten him fired and they did. I think that might be the reason so many do hate him. Many forget that we had just beat K St, finished #5 and had most players returning, with a pretty good class coming in. Many experts, prior to and at the time of the firing, were actually considering us a legitimate NC contender. Herbstreit was asked that year his NC prediction, he said, “USC and a dark horse out of the SEC, Arkansas.” After the firing, many “experts” (including well thought of individuals on this board) said we should be good, JL could go down to the zoo, get a monkey and have him coach the team, and still have a legitimate chance at a NC. Obviously, in hindsight JL should have got the monkey. I believe our fans and fanbase hate BP because of what occurred under JLS. We went from a legitimate NC conversation to a laughing stock. It’s taken 4 years to fix the issues and start off the way we want, meanwhile BP has been given another chance at Lousiville and many of the BP haters are mad because they’re thinking “what if.” Imagine if BP hadn’t wrecked and we had Lamar Jackson right now, do you think anyone would be upset?

WOW where to start with this hot mess.

First, your definition of democracy is a little askew. Democracy is simply defined as a body or group governed by the majority, through representation. Now, in this instance, a MAJORITY of the group are sick and tired of reading the same few MINORITIES complaining, whining, streaming vitriol, and verbally bashing religion, coaches, administrators, moderators, players, other posters, formats, and hijacking every single thread, no matter the original content. So, the moderators and owners of the site are representing the MAJORITY of the site, by taking certain actions. I believe you may be referring to “freedom of speech” instead of less democratic. And I believe you have every right to say whatever you wish. And we every right not to listen to it!

Second, You say that you have been paying for access for 10 years and that you where" forced" here. Furthermore, you don’t like the change in format and want it to return to the old format. I can appreciate that and understand your plight. So, let the powers that be know of your dismay. But, the way many of you go about it is a little infantile. It is like you going to your favorite pizza place for 10 years and loving the pizza. Then the pizza place changes ownership and starts making pizza different from the old owner. You do not like the new pizza recipe. Yet, instead of finding a new pizza place to frequent, you keep going and buying the pizza you can’t stand. Then, you decide to ridicule the new owner and patrons, who enjoy the new recipe, in said pizza place because it is not what you want. Finally, you get upset because the new pizza place owner and patrons get offended and retort in kind. :?

I hope that I have given my rebuttal in a “CIVIL” manner to your liking. :wink:

Oh and one other thing. My post was not directed at you to begin with. It was directed at 2 other posters. But since you answered it. I decided to do so in kind. :mrgreen:

What do the views of people on a Dallas radio station have to do with the Razorback fan base? Most of the Arkansas Razorback fan base is in Arkansas and has no access to Dallas radio. Those people should get to know Petrino. They will never be able to and will not like the little they learn about him in being around him. Nobody ever did. Petrino has the personality of a toad compared to Bielema. He cannot recruit anymore either. When Strong’s players are gone. He will have to depend on rejects from around the county. That will not produce championships in any P5 conference. You people better enjoy this year of this junk.

I quote, “the hypocrisy of the very few that say move on can’t move on themselves.” Kind of hard when the “very few” like you want to post topic threads all over the board concerning the Louisville program and Petrino. However this “hypocrite” will call your bluff on your usual load of Petrino guff. You and I will both “move on.” I will never mention Petrino or Louisville on this board again if you agree to do so as well. If I violate the bargain by mentioning Petrino or Louisville one time, it is all nullified. If you violate the agreement first, you stop bellyaching about my responses in anyway as long as they are within the rules of this board. You also can never block me under this agreement. YOU WILL NEVER AGREE TO THIS. Because you are here just to sling guff. Prove that is not true and I am a hypocrite? This is your chance.

Baked, you are nailing it. I promise I think there is NO ONE on this earth that hates what CBP did more than me!!! But the way I was raised, I hate no one, including the posters that harassed me the most. I recall one national publication had us preseason #1. I will concede I was one of those that back then said that any monkey with a whistle and we still contend, we had two Heisman candidates. I lost a quite deal of PR points when I stood to support CBP. In my view, I felt that the suspension should have been indefinite. Had we done that and after the we were laughing stock of the nation and the Bama blow out, that was the time Long could have brought CBP back. But it didn’t happen. I think all eventually would have accepted but everything that was wrong with the program was constantly blamed on CBP. The man was fired; how could it be his fault? CBB came in and some were ready to build him a statue right next to Broyles out of spite for CBP. FREAKING Louisville is ranked #3 in the nation, that just ticks me off more.

BTW, I would bet good money, had Petrino stayed, Tyler Wilson is still in NFL and Brandon Mitchell would have broken Quin Grovey type records looking somewhat like Lamar Jackson. Peavey would still be here too.

What Razorback Nation needs is a win over A&M. I don’t want another coach, I just want to win right now!!! Like I did 5 years ago when I would have found another way to punish to CBP versus trying to banish and humiliate the man.

IMHO a thread should be deleted when it degenerates into name calling etc. Insofar as money and connections are concerned…well that is just the way it is. See those names on all the facilities. I would think that if I had the money and laid down some serious pork I would want my name up there too. And-so-would-you. Thank goodness that we have some people with Arkansas connections who will make investments here-because in spite of any criticism the byproduct is a huge win for all Arkansans here in the state and in particular at the UA. Let us then move forward with this mature understanding and enjoy the rest of the football season. HOGS YA’LL.

Thanks, HA…appreciate the kind words. I cannot figure out what motivates people to be so hateful - particularly to a full-blown supporter like myself!

BTW, I loved CBP’s offensive “product” on the field, but he wasn’t building our O or D lines to compete with LSU and Bama. Also, there’s no question which coach I’d want teaching my son about football and life. BP was a moral disaster, and maybe he’s a changed-man now (hope so for his sake), but Jeff Long had no choice but to fire him. That said, I always respect the tone of thoughtful civility to your insights. I wish you and yours well, and hope we can somehow beat those damned Aggies! I have too many friends that are fans of theirs, and I can’t stand the thought of losing FIVE in a row to them. SOOOOOIE, brother!

Hmmm…let’s get something straight. I have not ridiculed anyone on any board here. I simply had the temerity to complain that I liked the disqus format better than this one. The other reality is that the only real “pizza option” of quality is the Gazette and the writers I grew up with.

Let’s be clear about something else. Your “clever”, mocking explanation of democracy and comparisons to pizza choices are insulting taunts - intended as ridicule.

Your post was specifically directed to me, whether you intended otherwise or not. You feel free to come at me me ad-infinitum, but I’m done with you.

We all have the inherent humanitarian freedom right of holding to our own personal opinions. We also enjoy the the constitutional right of freedom of speech - - with the notable exception of instances in which the exercise of OUR rights infringes upon those of another. It is a generally accepted credo that everyone has a right to speak his or her mind - IN A CIVIL FASHION. What some among us may fail to perceive is that the intended recipients of one particular person’s (poster’s) speech have the right to opt out of paying heed or credence to the redundant stated grievances and fractured caterwauling of known contentious posters who repeatedly exasperate and irritate the societal structure within his or her field of communication. A particular poster may have the conditional right to petition the membership at large - or even another single member in particular - for consideration of his or her point of view and bone of contention; HOWEVER, he or she does NOT have the right to DEMAND such.

You do realize you are doing the same thing right…lol…only from the other side. Didn’t mean to highlight the first part of that statement, only the last sentence.

Here ye here ye, a man that is on HI and actually objective. It is like the fox controls this hen house? Only the roosters that approach get admonished, topics removed, or banned.