BRING BOBBY BACK

[attachment=0]bring-bobby-back.jpg[/attachment]

Winner!!! Dumbest Post of the Day

I’m all for bringing Bobby back. Bobby Portis, that is. He’s represented the University of Arkansas quite well. The other Bobby, not so much.

What a ridiculous 1st post. Language used is unecessary.

The BBB logo is tongue and cheek but…if CBP never got canned the hogs would be in the top ten and everyone would have forgotten about the girlfriend, including those fans with such an active moral compass. Hog Fans better hope CBP doesn’t end up back in the SEC west.

It would be nice. We have had 6 years of losing football and Bobby would have us in the top 10 within 2 years.

You must be a win at all cost type of person. I just wonder if you’ve paid attention to the negative news on NCAA basketball and folks going to jail! That’s the type of shoe you put on when you trade your integrity just to win! Poor ethics gets you nowhere. By the way most of the con’s on that played for your beloved Bobby did not go to class or make their grades. Arrests and trouble. We would be down on scholarships and lucky to field a team. There’s one thing for sure you need to earn your grades just like you earn your playing time.
Get a grip and think about the laughing stock we were in over Motorcycle guy and his lying! Do you think it’s right to lie to your boss? Cheat on your wife ? I’d say if a man is capable of those two things there’s not much he wouldn’t do or say! Trust have you heard that word.

Wrong we were about to lose scholarships under his stewardship because he didn’t graduate players.

Those scholarships aren’t doing us any good now. We are talking college football here. We are not talking academics. This isn’t a forum where we talk about GPA’s and graduation rates. We talk about wins and losses. I don’t buy tickets or turn on my TV to see the 4.0 student that graduated early, I turn on my TV to see the kids that run a 4.4 and go in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Just because CBP had some rough kids doesn’t mean he didn’t have any good ones. Your moral compass will not you lead you to victory. We’re not Vanderbilt and I hope we never are.

[quote=“StaticHog”]
Those scholarships aren’t doing us any good now. We are talking college football here. We are not talking academics. This isn’t a forum where we talk about GPA’s and graduation rates. We talk about wins and losses. I don’t buy tickets or turn on my TV to see the 4.0 student that graduated early, I turn on my TV to see the kids that run a 4.4 and go in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Just because CBP had some rough kids doesn’t mean he didn’t have any good ones. Your moral compass will not you lead you to victory. We’re not Vanderbilt and I hope we never are.
[/quote]

Heck, we probably aren’t as good as Vanderbilt right now…Bobby ain’t coming back…that ship has sailed.

I know CBP isn’t coming back. Just thought I’d have some fun with the BBB logo. CBP will probably end up in Baton Rouge and then we will be really screwed. CBP was a homerun hire and CBB’s hire was a top secret operation and looked good at the time. I hope Long’s office has another ace in the hole because he needs to fold this hand.
3-9. Whatever happened to 1-0?

Well, at least i have a moral compass. If it were up to you and your ilk we would be Ole Miss and that is the point at which I find another team to support.

I’m not talking Hugh Freeze, Joe Paterno or Art Bryles. Petrino got caught with a girlfriend that he hired on his staff. I guess you can consider me a politician when it comes to my moral compass. Sometimes I choose not to use it and at least I can admit that.

I always find it interesting for a person with just a handful of posts to lecture us on what we can and cannot discuss here. Believe it or not, GPAs and graduation rates are necessary to a successful football program. Under CBP we were close to losing scholarships because of a low APR. That is one thing CBB had to turn around when he e first got here. W’s and L’s are what is important to us but a football coach’s job is much more.

I think its funny how quick you judge someones opinion based on how many posts they have. I was a long time member many years ago with enough posts to be worthy by your standards, back when broeric, BHH, nostra and several others were posting. Somewhere along the line I grew tired of the same rhetoric and eventually stopped logging in at all.
I live in Tulsa and spent the weekend in Little Rock and had the chance to listen to local radio talk about the Hogs. I was surprised when the host compared the football program to Vietnam. I wanted to see what the mood was here on the board and gauge how people felt about CBB The BBB MEME was just a way to for me to say we need a new coach and it would be nice to hire a winner.
I’ll just keep posting until my number of posts reaches an acceptable level…

I did not judge your number of posts; I judged your judging the content of people who talked about classwork and other off-the-field issues of the athletic program. It’s not all about Ws and Ls. There’s more to It than that. I don’t care about your number of posts. Just don’t lecture us on what can be said as long as it fits the rules of this board.

BHH, man he hadn’t posted in two plus years, and he’s had one post reintroducing himself to the Hawg Lounge in four years. Nostra is still around, just not on here. Haven’t seen Broeric in over a year. But man if you quit posting way back then, it’s been awhile. Welcome back.

I don’t think everyone is rattled by your views. It made me smile anyway. He went back to Louisville, we went back to get CMA when that boat was believed sailed so all things are possible I wish it was possible to fire everyone in America today that have ever had an affair and lied about, especially the unmitigated galle to lie to your boss about it. The country would come to a complete HALT!!! But only the crazies in Arkansas felt that extremity of punishment was required.

The logo was a nice touch and yes we all know he is not coming back, but he was lightening in a bottle when he was here. I willing to bet my entire savings that if Long had told Petrino "all you need to do is never lie to me, get APR to increase by .25 %, say you are doing things the right way, one brick at a time, be uncommon and of course by the way don’t worry about winning so much. I will keep your buyout at 18 million and you will never have to worry. I am sure CBP could have done that with ease.

Bobby come back, you can blame it all on me, I was wrong and I just can’t live without you. Bobby come back!

Unfortunately, once CBP’s actions came to light, the University had to fire him because he violated a state statute. If the university looked the other way, then it would have opened, not only the university, up to discrimination lawsuits, but to every branch of the State Government as well. The Attorney General made that clear to the university president, as well as, the legal counsel, and CBP was out.

Take away the emotional aspect that you have with this team - and think about what it would be like to have an employee, who has been caught lying, more than once, continue to stay on your payroll? They illegally hired someone, failed to follow the rules, violated five clauses of their contract, and yet you’d want to keep them around?

If he did this at a private school, then maybe he could stay because he wouldn’t have violated a state law. But what he did was put the state government at risk.

Are you so starved for glory that you’d forgive the actions of one for something that you can’t take with you, or wear, or even say you were on the team?

I don’t see anyone on here begging to bring back coach Holtz, Coach Hatfield, or some of the others who had great teams and did it the right way. Might as well try to get Jimmy J to come - hell, at least he has won a national championship, and some Super Bowls to boot. CBP hasn’t done that - ever. Heck, CBP hasn’t even won the ACC for that matter, nor did he win the SEC while he was here.