BRING BOBBY BACK

No one is clamoring for any of those 3 names; because they have all retired and forgive the expression, “older than dirt”… :lol:

I resemble that remark.

:smiley: When we do finally get around to finding a new coach I can’t wait to see the names that will get tossed around. There was a challenge out there when CBB was hired for anyone that knew who Long would hire. NO ONE had CBB on their list, even the guys “with connections”.
Does Sumlin meet everyone’s moral requirements or is everyone convinced we’ll get Chip Kelly? :shock:

:smiley: When we do finally get around to finding a new coach I can’t wait to see the names that will get tossed around. There was a challenge out there when CBB was hired for anyone that knew who Long would hire. NO ONE had CBB on their list, even the guys “with connections”.
Does Sumlin meet everyone’s moral requirements or is everyone convinced we’ll get Chip Kelly? :shock:

Not correct Static, I was one of the guys in that contest, and a guy from Wisky actually picked him to be AR’s next coach and told us why. We all laughed at him and his reasons (his reasons was he didn’t like Alvarez interfering in his coaching, and he was scared of Meyer’s return to the B1G). He won the contest. Someone on here actually sent him a gift card for winning.

Understand I understand why CBP was fired. It is a mute point. But this is a discussion board. Everyone is suppose to be entitled to their opinions. I have mine and you have yours. I don’t view it as my role to change your mind, or tell you what you should think or vice versa.

1. I never saw or learned of any state statute that CBP violated. I learned or read just opposite that he violated no Federal or State laws. Please cite or publish a link to that state law he violated or story that confirms and/or the penal code he violated. If he did, then I would be mad at the state for not sending to a grand jury with full intent to prosecute. No one is above the law. If you break the law you should be prosecuted 100% of the time.

2. No one ever said that CB should not have been punished. Do you consider the NFL suspending Ezekiel Elliot as looking the other way? A hefty fine and suspension could have been an option just like the New Orleans Saints once suspended their Head Coach (Sean Payton) for entire season.

3. You assume I have emotional aspect with the team. You are right. I am UA Alumni and I am expressing my feelings.
    That is why I can NEVER be wrong with my opinion. You see; decisions have consequences. Had CBB worked out, I would not be as distraught today after 6 years. It is 100% clear to me that whatever the negative consequence or whatever other punishment short of firing that could have been applied, would not be Long lingering like what we are seeing now 6 years later. This is not the same as what happened at Penn State; but we we effectively issued the same punishment to the head coach.

4. You distinguish a private school from public school, I don’t. He did what he did and should have been punished. The question is what punishment? The the analysis is what happens as a result of what was decided. You assume the retention of CBP would have been the greater evil. I don’t. I think I have 6 years of history saying that there is no way that a suspension and fine would be a lingering issue at UA Fayetteville 6 years later. Ant theoretical fine would have been well under $15 million or $5.9 million take your pick. We may have had a National Championship during that time and for sure competing with Bama for SEC West titles.

5. In my Church; I was raised in Forrest City, Arkansas, I was taught to forgive and I don’t judge my brothers/sisters. We are all sinners and we all make mistakes. I am very proud of how CBP has handled this adversity. He kept his family together and move on with his life. Sure he made mistakes, but he didn’t tank his life life like a lot people had hoped. A lot of very good people are incarcerated today in this country for what i view as excessive administration of justice, not base on hope and love for your brother man. The man had an affair and tried to hide it. To be quite candid I have more respect for for CBP’s character than most of those that I read on WHS that constantly condemn him. But yes,m I am starved to having a competitive program, supported CBB up until the A&M game. Time for CBB to go PERIOD.

6. I think you answered your own question as to why you don’t see anyone on here begging to bring back coach Holtz, Coach Hatfield, or some of the others who had great teams and did it the right way. The reason is clear, CBP was a vastly superior coach in a vastly superior era. CBP was a victory away from beating Bama or LSU to win SEC West and or going to NC game twice. The Top 10 finishes is what you need to know. But he is gone. He ain’t coming back… unless somehow Long waits too Long and he is fired with CBB and then with a new AD; “Stranger Things have Happened”. Unless you think the State will file a suit if UA ever hires CBP again.

HA

Silly season has begun.

All indications seem to place Coach Petrino at Tennessee, so at least we won’t have to play against him on a yearly basis.
Unfortunately, he will have success and probably have Rocky Top in the SEC Chanionship game in a couple of years.
Like Kentucky in basketball some of these win at all cost programs are willing to dance with the devil in order to win on the court and on the field.
Good luck to the ladies at UT, Bobby’s coming to town!

Gotta wonder if today might slow down all the immediate SEC East Chanpionship collecting for Petrino at Tenner.

Losing at home to a 19-point dog to fall to 4-3 with a trip to FSU on the horizon isn’t a good look for “the most unstoppable 1 division championship in 13 years as the big man” HC in CFB.

He can’t win at Louisville with a Heisman QB. What makes you think he can win in the SEC West?

Stupid Post

I would rather suffer through losing seasons than have Bike guy back! Integrity and moral value should not be sold out in order to win!

I do want to see the Hogs win again, but not with BP. That book should be closed and locked for good. If we look hard enough, we can find a young dynamic coach that can bring respectability back to the program.