Arkansas vs. Mizzou

This is a big game to decide which seeding we’ll get into the SEC tourney. Win this game and we’ll be guaranteed at least a 4 seed and double bye. If we lose, then we’ll have to hope MSU and either Florida/Kentucky loses.

Mizzou will be hyped up for this game because I believe this is their senior day, like Tuesday was for us. So expect a large crowd to attend.

Both teams are fairly similar. Their offense runs through Barnett and Robertson, so it will be crucial to at least slow those two down. They get decent production from Tilmon and Porter, but Tilmon is prone to foul trouble.

Offensively, we need to be well rounded. We can’t just rely on one part of our game to win this game. The bench will be crucial Saturday, especially our 4’s. We’ll need them on both ends to steal this game.

Defensively, stay out of foul trouble. Mizzou has 4 guys that are shooting over 80% from the line, so we can’t get into a FT battle like we did against Auburn and expect to win. We also need to force them out of their comfort zone. They will want to go fast, hence the amount of FT’s, so we need to force them off the block and 3 point line and force them into guarded deep shots.

We can definitely win this game, but it won’t be easy for sure. Mizzou is a hot and cold team, so we have to be prepared to stick it to them when they go cold.

Kentucky @ Florida Saturday 1200 noon
Arkansas @ Missouri
Moo U @ LSU

For sure Kentucky or Florida will have a loss. If we beat Missouri we have the 4 seed. If not LSU needs to beat Moo U!

The hogs need the win for seeding and rest. It would be nice to start on Friday playing Florida or Kentucky after they played as the 5 seed.

I’d rather play FL in that scenario

Looks like Porter Jr. might legit play on Saturday.

Porter Jr might play some but he isn’t in game shape! I don’t want to see the young man get hurt!
Stpping K. Robertson, Barnett and little Jontay Porter will be key on defense. They will foul if the hogs force the ball inside out.
I think Gafford will have another double double. If Macon and Bardford can make shots to get the hogs rolling we may be able to build a lead early! I’d like to see the hogs make our free throws in this game! After going to Bama and winning the hogs are primed for another good game! Just win and don’t worry about anything else

[quote=“GeneralHog”]

This is a big game to decide which seeding we’ll get into the SEC tourney. Win this game and we’ll be guaranteed at least a 4 seed and double bye. If we lose, then we’ll have to hope MSU and either Florida/Kentucky loses.

Mizzou will be hyped up for this game because I believe this is their senior day, like Tuesday was for us. So expect a large crowd to attend.

Both teams are fairly similar. Their offense runs through Barnett and Robertson, so it will be crucial to at least slow those two down. They get decent production from Tilmon and Porter, but Tilmon is prone to foul trouble.

Offensively, we need to be well rounded. We can’t just rely on one part of our game to win this game. The bench will be crucial Saturday, especially our 4’s. We’ll need them on both ends to steal this game.

Defensively, stay out of foul trouble. Mizzou has 4 guys that are shooting over 80% from the line, so we can’t get into a FT battle like we did against Auburn and expect to win. We also need to force them out of their comfort zone. They will want to go fast, hence the amount of FT’s, so we need to force them off the block and 3 point line and force them into guarded deep shots.

We can definitely win this game, but it won’t be easy for sure. Mizzou is a hot and cold team, so we have to be prepared to stick it to them when they go cold.

[/quote]Every game is a big game. I’m hoping for a win, but I don’t expect it. Not only is Missouri getting Porter back, but they would have won at our house if their last shot, a 3 point shot, has been 4 to 6 inches more accurate. At their house, they probably make that shot plus a couple more, let alone how many more they score if Porter has a good day.

I see that Missouri is the favorite. Nevertheless, we can win if we have a great shooting day and if somehow Missouri has a bad day shooting and turns the ball over a lot.

Stay out of foul trouble, play our game, we don’t need any hero’s just do what we do best and we’ll be fine, we are the better team. WPS

[quote=“Hogbacker”]

Stay out of foul trouble, play our game, we don’t need any hero’s just do what we do best and we’ll be fine, we are the better team. WPS

[/quote]I don’t know which is the better team, but according to the money-line Missouri has a 62% to our 38% chance of winning. I suppose that implies Porter is playing and he is better than anyone we have.

[quote=“Gay”]

Porter himself said he is not playing today

Missouri is getting the ball to the interior too easily and we can’t rebound on either end of the floor thus far in the 1st half. Our guys don’t seem to be playing with much energy today when everything has been set up for them today to win and get the double bye next week at the SEC Tournament.
Hopefully, Coach A can light a fire in these guys at halftime.
I’d much rather play UK after they just played the day before rather than the opposite scenario.

Go Hogs!

Our guys are just being sloppy and making bad rotations, especially in the post. Plain and simple, that’s what’s beating us. Mizzou isn’t doing anything that much better than us.

Question: Do they teach players to shoot layups with their opposite hands anymore? This has been something I’ve seen for the last 5 years be completely normal for guys to shoot layups with their dominant hand no matter where they are. Beard had a wide open layup on the right and for some ungodly reason decided to try to go up and under to the left side with his left hand. What for?

If we lose we won’t play KY, we will play FL after an early game

Thompson’s defense currently is a liability…WHY DOES HE DOUBLE TEAM AND A PLAYER IN THE POST WIDE OPEN FOR A DUNK?

Well I’m glad that half is in the books, hope the Hogs show up and play to their capabilities in the second half ! WPS

Gafford can’t handle MO bigs.

So far, I’d say that’s the other way around. The refs are helping their bigs make crap calls to take Gafford out.

I go back to my question. Hall misses a layup shooting with his right hand on the left side against a smaller player. Then he didn’t follow his shot from 3.

Our bench has got to step up because they are a liability in this game so far.

The story of the game at this point is Mizzou is 15-18 from the line and Arkansas has only got 6 of 7 from the line.

Stop blaming the refs, we are making stupid fouls!

They’re making bad calls. As someone who refs, I know they are making bad calls and I’ll call them out if I want. But I do agree we are making stupid fouls too.