AR vs Butler

Do me a favor and never post again. We know who you are and you’re not a fan to begin with. Just leave us fans alone.

So you’re happy with this general? That’s your problem, not mine.

You mean leave the MA lovers alone. A true fan could see why this game turned out like it did along with several others this season. MA needs to go on his own!!!

Didn’t I tell you to screw off!!! You’re not a fan, just leave.

At least the best team won. The fact that they got almost twice as many rebounds and many easy layups proves that. There is no shame in losing to a superior team. DG may have great potential but again he was outplayed by a player several inches shorter. And, part of it could be trapping that occasionally works but more than twice as often leaves leaves a player wide open for a 3 point or a layup.

With so many seniors and DG leaving, next year will be a down year, but maybe that will force Anderson to be a better coach.

He’s not a fan and you’re fandom is conditional. Both of you are making me angrier than I already am. Coming to be jerks after a loss makes you pathetic.

[quote=“hogreality”]

What a pathetic season, again

[/quote]Well maybe not. It is about as good as should be expected for Arkansas basketball. True we had some very good years under Sutton and Nolan, but they were the exceptions.

If you didn’t see this coming general, you need some new glasses

Go away TROLL!!!

Keep on trusting Mikey general, he’ll rarely if ever get us to the second weekend. You seem to be fine with that. Good for you.

Almost every team in the SEC returns most of their leading scorers, except for KY, and they just reload. MA needs to dump Thurman, he can’t coach, and bring in Corliss from the Orlando Magic.

Until MA develops an interior presence, we will never win the SEC, or make it very far in ANY tournament. Truth be told, this team wouldn’t win the NIT right now.

Watch out, the general knows better, he’s a self proclaimed genius

No interior presence? So you were asleep when Kingsley and Portis were here and Gafford is still here?

One and done general, get used to it under Mikey. We’ll never see the second weekend under him.

Tough loss, again one those games where we come out flat and expell to much energy to get back in the game and fail to maintain our competitiveness to finish. At this point I thank all the seniors for choosing to become a Razorback and wish them all the best in their future endeavors. Seems both our football & basketball programs are sold out on the idea of playing fast and I will sold out also as soon as we are ranked in the top twenty regularly in both programs until then I will remain somewhat skeptical. WPS

That’s a nice reply, very PC. However, our basketball program is weak. Butler? Really? We are going nowhere under this coach, especially with his assistants.

The reality of today results is simple! This team played just like they always do. If shots are falling they play a little defense. Once they got down 20 then that decides to play defense. Once they made the comeback they went right back to the same old standing and looking. Those seniors won’t be back. They are done.
I’m looking forward to next year and regardless what happened today the season was a sucess.

Losing in the first round is never a success

Dfarris,

I already mentioned it earlier, but I believe Anderson made a mistake switching back to a man defense when our matchup zone was working so well.

As for the players, I saw players start out slow but fight back with grit. Simply put, our big name players didn’t put up the points we needed. I felt our bench and other role players, like Hall and Bailey did their part, but we needed more from our big 3. That’s not meant to be an insult to our big 3. They were getting open looks, shots just weren’t falling.

As for preparation, I have no idea how they were preparing, so I have no idea if they could have done anything different. Butler lived off their two main guys and their two main guys performed at a high level today.

Fair enough, that’s what was frustrating to me today and throughout this season.
When you know as a coach that playing a particular defense is working for your team and another defense is not why can’t you and your staff clearly see that and stick with it.
I’m not saying that we would have won the game today, but I do believe it would have been a much better game.
As for our big three, it just wasn’t their game unfortunately, but we simply have to get some guys in the future that give us more toughness on the boards.

Go Hogs!