We have a long way to go

Before we are a good football team. We should have realized that Arkansas is not a good football team after the first game because without all the fumbles, last week could have ended just like this week.

I agree about week 1 victory against Eastern Illinois, without the lack of ball security by them that game would’ve been a much closer game. They did move the ball against our defense and we aren’t very good, but I think most true observers realize that.
We don’t have SEC caliber talent throughout our roster and it will take several good recruiting classes to possibly get it, but losses to the likes of CSU doesn’t help on the recruiting trail either.
One glaring problem is that we don’t have any true #1 QB at this point and I can see as many as 4 maybe 5 QB’s getting an opportunity to play this season due to inconsistency and the fact that when we get into SEC play several of these QB’s are going to get knocked out of games due to an O-Line that is not going to be able to protect against top quality SEC defensive units.
We also have a subpar kicking game that is going to put us at a deficit all season long.
We do have a few players on both sides on the ball that can compete with the best in the SEC, but not as a whole unit on either side of the ball. I think we will start seeing our coaches turn at some point to our younger players in order to get them game experience for next season and beyond because let’s face it this team will probably not win a single conference game and may only have a chance to win 2 maybe 3 more games this season with the current players we have been playing through the first 2 games.

Go Hogs!

That was known before Eastern Illinois.

It is why Arkansas was picked as the 13th or 14th team in the preseason rankings

I believe you are right about this year. Therefore, I think we should forget about the score, play as many players as possible, including freshmen, and just play to have fun. With a good recruiting years, next year we might go to a bowl and if not then the following year.

I believe you are right about this year. Therefore, I think we should forget about the score, play as many players as possible, including freshmen, and just play to have fun. With a good recruiting years, next year we might go to a bowl and if not then the following year.

I agree with the above post.We do not have the players and these are used to losing in the 2nd half.The coaches have the right ideal but must recruit the right players.AGIM and Pool are the best on defense.Our lb’s make a lot of tackles, 6-8 yds past the line. Our corners are bad,that includes #11.It will be 2-3 years before we can be 3rd in west devison.GO HOGS1