Question about a call during the game...

Early in the game, Drew caught a pass over the middle which was eventually reversed. Here’s the question… We ran a play; then they reviewed it. I thought if the next play was run, it could not be reviewed. Can someone clarify?

While I think they did not stop the play in time, the official story is that the review official buzzed down and the officials stopped our running play before it happened. There is no doubt you can not review a play after the next play has been run. I watching the replay, I didn’t see any of the officials stopping our run play before the ball was snapped.

I just went and watched the replay again. CLEARLY no whistle before the play. You can hear the whistle after the tackle on the run play clear as a bell. They DID NOT stop the action before we ran the play. So, unless the rule is as long as the buzzer goes off before the snap, there is a replay check (the officials don’t have to stop the play, just feel the buzzer), the officials screwed up. Maybe that is the rule. I don’t know.

I asked the question on the FB insiders board, that any of the guys at the game could see the officials trying to stop the play, because no one heard the whistle. Clay said they had buzzed down in time. He was there, so I assume he saw the official wave his arms.

I edited my post to add this “I just went and watched the replay again. CLEARLY no whistle before the play. You can hear the whistle after the tackle on the run play clear as a bell. They DID NOT stop the action before we ran the play. So, unless the rule is as long as the buzzer goes off before the snap, there is a replay check (the officials don’t have to stop the play, just feel the buzzer), the officials screwed up. Maybe that is the rule. I don’t know.”

There is clearly no whistle before the snap (or even during the play, which you would expect to hear if they were trying to stop the play). You can clearly hear the whistle after our next play has been run. The officials you can see in the screen are not trying to stop the play, they are considering the play “live.” Did an official you can’t see on TV try to stop the play? Maybe, but not by blowing his whistle!

The rule is buzzing before the play, but the official that gets buzzed is supposed to immediately blow his whistle. I agree, I did not hear the whistle until after we ran the next play, but it was loud (TCU fans doing their part when we had the ball) and sometimes you can’t hear it until after the next play. The arm waving is the secondary way to stop by visual, in case they can’t hear the whistle. That’s why I asked about the official waving his arm off camera (8 refs, all weren’t in screen), the guys there might have seen them trying to stop the play