No Mercy: Ultimate Embarrassment for any Hard Core Razorback Fan.

ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit laid the boom on one of our own, don’t matter how much you hate Petrino; or how much you love Bielema. Our program is better and no one man should ever be able to take it down, but a village can when it lines up in posey style losing sight of the program and the greater good for self serving gains.

See below Tweet today from Kirk Herbstreit

He tore apart an Arkansas fan for propping up the SEC during bowl season while our Razorbacks sit at home. Spare me the no talent excuses, we have fine players always have. 7 wins should have easily been obtained.

[quote]Kirk Herbstreit
:heavy_check_mark:
@KirkHerbstreit
Actually looks like youre an Arkansas fan. When are they playing? Or do you just claim UGA, Bama, and Auburn as your own when your team doesn’t go to a bowl game?? That must be nice to talk trash on behalf of those teams when you’ve moved onto Basketball season for the last month https://twitter.com/rzrhog501/status/947556393783119872

[/quote]
2:19 PM - Dec 31, 2017
8,007 8,007 likes 2,068 people are talking about this

It is time to quit our self-anointed belief of playing big boy football and girlie man attitudes, and get behind Coach Chad Morris for whatever he does; so we can be Explosive and Great in the SEC again (with our talent, not Alabama’s talent).

Until then, Arkansas will remain as the butt of these kinds of jokes, and they will grow at the National level if we don’t agree to fix this now this year. Quit whining we need to leave SEC, and stop claiming the successes of other SEC programs.

Happy New Year,
Hog Authority

Hog Authority.
Kirk is just a mouth! He doesn’t register in my life. Don’t worry about the outside world and people outside of our fan base.
You can see the bias in every game we play and all sports. You can tune it on the SEC network shows and the announcers who call our games trash talk us! Until the powers at be on the hill do something about it there’s nothing we can do!
If Kirk knew half as much about football as he claims why isn’t he coaching and making the big bucks. That’s all you really need to realize.

2:19 PM - Dec 31, 2017
8,007 8,007 likes 2,068 people are talking about this

It is time to quit our self-anointed belief of playing big boy football and girlie man attitudes, and get behind Coach Chad Morris for whatever he does; so we can be Explosive and Great in the SEC again (with our talent, not Alabama’s talent).

Until then, Arkansas will remain as the butt of these kinds of jokes, and they will grow at the National level if we don’t agree to fix this now this year. Quit whining we need to leave SEC, and stop claiming the successes of other SEC programs.

Happy New Year,
Hog Authority

[/quote]

Don’t expect these know it all jerks to speak out without trying to make a statement to get publicity so they keep their job for another week. Also I think getting behind CCM is a good thing, but things will not change because we are supporting the coach. Winning will change things and that’s not going to happen until next fall, winning on the recruiting front will garner respect and raise expectations but we have to give CCM time and not set expectations that no one can meet. Turn off sports center and Finebaum and relax things will be ok in the long run Rome was not built in one day. Happy New Year to you and your family!! WPS

Herbstreit is a lifelong Buckeye, his father was a team captain for Woody Hayes and he followed that in 1992 Under HC John Cooper as a senior team captain in his only year to start at QB for the Buckeyes. With him at the helm the Buckeyes recorded an 8-3-1 season. These type of seasons are considered a failure in Columbus then and now. They concluded that season with a loss to Georgia in the Citrus bowl.
I understand his bias toward the Buckeyes and the Big 10 having been part of both all of his life just as most lifelong Arkansas fans have bias for our Hogs and its conference affiliation whether now in the SEC or the SWC of our golden age.
My problem with people like Herbstreit is when he is supposed to be a working professional and can’t overcome his bias such as when he walked off the set during the recent College Football Playoff show when his Buckeyes were excluded for that final playoff spot.
Bias in sports journalism has always been just as bias in news journalism has always been, it’s just more noticeable these days when you have news 24/7 and social media like we’ve never seen in decades past.
We have options as to what outlets we either agree with or find to be credible, so tune out folks like Herbstreit and ESPN if he bothers you and opt for the SEC network, which has its share of bias also.
Whatever you choose, I wish all Hogs fans a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Go Hogs!

Wow some interesting and civil perspectives. Army Hog & Hogbacker included. I don’t think I can effectively avoid ESPN and the SEC Network (Finebaum) for crying LOL; but your points of the source is a relevant factor. It is akin to Dick Vitale’s comments during and after the North Carolina game. I don’t think I could have ever been prouder than to see CMA’s response to the same.

It is a New Year, and we clearly are off to a good start. Basketball is on another ascension rung of the ladder, and we have reason to believe that change will return us some glory on the football field. We must be able to win at least 3 or 4 games in SEC every year no matter what. In case you didn’t know I am long time Colts fans too; so this year in particular has been awful & painful. 2018 will bring new coaching staffs to both Arkansas & Indianapolis. I don’t look for a rebuild but a turn around ( I don’t see as being impatient, we were a 7 win team last year but did not get it done). Coaches are paid the excessive salaries in part of belief they can take the program and win. I like Chad Morris’s approach that his system will reflect the talent and capability of the players he has featuring speed, and not try to pigeon-hole talented players to fit some type of system that the coach wish to prove can work.

Happy New Year All
Hog Authority

:+1: