No easy fix

You must be related to that piece of excrement. You must have to wipe your shoes from being around Petrino. You probably just lick it off in adulation to his greatness. I wish you would get your stink off this board. That Louisville board must need hourly sanitation.

[quote=“Eli82”]
Let’s see… 3-1 with the loss to a top 10 team at a neutral site, currently ranked #20, offense is replacing 2 NFL running backs, last yrs QBR leader in college, 3 OL and an all American TE, yet offense appears on its way to being potent and diversified. Defense has issues to address but seem more talented and deep than I can remember. How in the world does this back drop set the stage for discussions about who our next head coach should be??? I call that a$$y9, a$$y10 and a$$y11 all rolled into one. Get a grip…
[/quote] Great post, good job ! WPS

[quote=“Hogbacker”]

Look at our historic record against Texas A&M? This coach has lost to them four years in a row. No coach has that crummy a record against Texas A&M since before Frank Broyles, if ever. I don’t care if Superman graduated, that does not mean squat. The O-line played deplorable inside the offensive 5-yard line. One year this coach couldn’t even find anybody to kick extra points. He is starting to look snake bit and dysfunctional plus a poor recruiter. I am not calling for him to be fired dependent on what will probably be his fourth mediocre season. However adding a couple more, I will be. The SEC is not the B1G. This dude just may not have been SEC ready. We shall see.

It would take a forward thinking AD to pull this off… But Arkansas is a “nice job” not a job where you are in the sniff for a NC. Arkansas is a job where you are on the outside looking in 95% of the time. (Yes there was that flash in the pan back in 65 or something) So… based on that you are not going to flip a guy who has his pick of jobs at the premier schools, (LSU, USC, Ohio St, Michigan, Notre Dame, and a few others) SO now you have to pluck a leader and motivator and a name that kids want to play for…oh and a coach is only as good as his QB. So you need a guy who can bring in a 5 star QB and coach him up… So if I were the AD at a school like Ark or any school in the second tier….I would offer a top salary to …… Trent Dilfer. I know it would be a reach to get him to switch careers… But if you watch him at his QB camps with the H.S. kids, he has the passion and he would have the NFL connections to have some great assistants. CBB is our guy for at least another 2-3 years.