No announcement on coaching staff puzzlingly

What is the hold up on announcing our football coaching staff? This is very weird and mind bothering to me. Never have I seen a HC have a staff recruit but not announced to a school. Time is running out to fill our recruiting class. Full tilt boogie is not very fast on a staff.

I saw something (probably just a third-hand rumor) that there might be some announcements on Thursday.

Are you talking about Caldwell?

Yeah, but the DC might be announced as well.

I’m so ready.

I am concerned as well (particularly with no DC having been named yet). Obviously, Coach Morris has some sort of plan but keeping it completely under his hat makes us die hard fans uneasy. Unless he is holding out for Brent Venables (which I doubt is the case), I simply have to wonder what is happening on the defensive side of the ball. In my opinion, Bret Bielema’s greatest downfall was a terrible defense (except the year we had Spaight, Flowers and Philon). This is not Conference USA. Trying to merely outscore people won’t work against Alabama, Georgia, LSU and even Auburn. It’s time for Coach Morris to reveal his defensive philosophy in the form of announcing a new DC. We know how he is going to do offense now it’s time for him to show us how he is going to stop the opposition. My advice: Hire the best guy you can find so you can go recruit what’s left of the defensive studs and loyal fans (like the posters on this board) have something to support.

There is one college football game left and it is safe to assume that neither guy from Georgia nor Alabama is making a move our way. No excuses, it’s time to “Git er dun” and move on.

There is no urgent need to hurry. It’s better to get it right than to hurry. There is plenty of time before the start of spring practices.

[quote=“Swinefinder”]

I am concerned as well (particularly with no DC having been named yet). Obviously, Coach Morris has some sort of plan but keeping it completely under his hat makes us die hard fans uneasy. Unless he is holding out for Brent Venables (which I doubt is the case), I simply have to wonder what is happening on the defensive side of the ball. In my opinion, Bret Bielema’s greatest downfall was a terrible defense (except the year we had Spaight, Flowers and Philon). This is not Conference USA. Trying to merely outscore people won’t work against Alabama, Georgia, LSU and even Auburn. It’s time for Coach Morris to reveal his defensive philosophy in the form of announcing a new DC. We know how he is going to do offense now it’s time for him to show us how he is going to stop the opposition. My advice: Hire the best guy you can find so you can go recruit what’s left of the defensive studs and loyal fans (like the posters on this board) have something to support.

There is one college football game left and it is safe to assume that neither guy from Georgia nor Alabama is making a move our way. No excuses, it’s time to “Git er dun” and move on.

[/quote]. Nailed it!!

[quote=“Gay”]

There is no urgent need to hurry. It’s better to get it right than to hurry. There is plenty of time before the start of spring practices.

[/quote].
Time is running out for the 2018 class.

It appears Aggies are holding things up by not showing their hand on Chavis. If they are having trouble finding someone to replace him, they may decide to keep him. They may be playing games with us to try to keep from losing 2-3 commits that might come with Chavis. It is probably more about money!!! His contract is not chump change.

So true, this could get ugly for us if that is the case.

Aggies are reportedly hiring Mike Elko from Notre Dame as their DC. So that’s off the table.

I don’t KNOW a darned thing. Like most posters here, probably, I have hunches and suspicions, - - which - along with about $3 - will buy you a cup of coffee in most locales.

It is my personal OPINION that no announcement has yet been made for the simple reason that there is - as yet - nothing to announce.

I would presume that either the most desired candidate or candidates have thus far been reluctant to pull the trigger and come to terms, are yet officially unavailable for publicizing, ------------OR - - - - - our new head coach has been frustrated and stymied at every turn in his DC search, and is going to ignominiously be reduced to an embarrassing belated state of having to play “Settle For A Non lustrous Unknown” due to the fact that no DC worth having wants the Arkansas job.

I don’t know which is the simple truth explanation for this delay. You tell me.

I’m with you, at this point if there was a hire to be announced CCM would be shouting it from the roof tops ! Not saying he won’t get a top tier DC but everyday that goes by my doubt increases as it does with most fans I would think. I continue to keep my fingers crossed that someone is announced soon and we move on to recruiting talk. WPS

Do you think Chavis has noticed all the mega salaries for assistant coaches and is now trying to cash in at Ark which is holding up the announcement? Even if there were negotiations on his exit compensation at A&M why would this delay his announcement as our DC?

Post over on HV states that the coaching staff has been identified with a few additions:

Chavis - DC
Caldwell - DL
Cooper - ?