Mussleman needs to play Vanover and Williams on the floor at the same time, for extended periods of times

Arkansas is a better team when Vanover is on the floor, he blocks a lot of shots, and if Mussleman will leave him out there for a while, he’ll knock down the 3, and get comfortable… They need to go big in the paint, leave him and Williams on the floor at the same time.

You’re going to have to coach your way to make this a quality basketball team. Right now, Arkansas is an extremely poor squad, that isn’t even NIT worthy… He’s going to have to actually coach his way out of this…

And quit playing in NLR, you always play horrible there…lol…

I would say it’s a good time for everyone to man up! Players should be held accountable as well as coaches.

No.

You can take a horse to water, but you can’t force him to drink…

*** Arkansas is a better team with that big white dude on the floor. He creates a distraction, so other people can step up their play, even when he’s not contributing much himself.

Dude took the program to its first Elite Eight in 26 years and now can’t coach?

Tough crowd.

No! He’s a fantastic coach, his enthusiasm is the best I’ve seen. The point I was making is Ark is not going to find someone to suddenly start knocking down the trey, and apparently cover the trey better also…

They’re going to have to develop this team the old school way, in the gym, shooting the rock over and over, until it becomes second nature. There’s no 5 star recruit, that’s going to pop up this yr, snd bring Arkansas back to respectability. They’re going to have to work to make this squad a good team. I thought they were better than they were early on as well, it’s going to be a long season…

***No where did I say he couldn’t coach, he’s a tremendous coach. IMHO…

Just to make it clear, I was not specifically pointing toward you - which is why I didn’t address it you.

Just a comment on the general overall mood suddenly.

I would not call him a fantastic coach. I think Musselman has one glaring weakness. He overreacts when his team plays a bad game if they lose. If they play bad but still win everything is fine. But play the same way and lose by one point and he tells us how he is going to punishment them. This is two years in a row he let one loss beat him twice.

They lost to Oklahoma State who was just as talented if not more. They were not prepared because they played too many patsies at home. He is a much better coach than Mike Anderson but needs to stop throwing his players under the bus publicly and take responsibility for not preparing them.

Where are all these shots Vanover has blocked lol??!! I haven’t seen 'em. Dude can barely jump an inch off the floor.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.