MA Firing

A move following a consecutive eight-year span is NOT a “knee-jerk decision”. You can disagree with the decision; - - you can gripe about the decision; - - you can get your bowels in an uproar and/or bend and twist your schnoz into a pretzel shape, - - - but the ultimate decision to fire MA was not yours or mine to make.

If you should choose to cease being a Razorback fan amid the throes of a funky huff, such is your prerogative. As for me, my Arkansas Razorbacks loyalty is not tied to ANY single leadership figurehead at ANY given point in time. I am an Arkansas Razorbacks fan.

You are, of course, free to vent your spleen and express your intense chagrin and disenchantment with the Arkansas Razorbacks Powers That Be in any manner that is allowed and sanctioned by the moderators of this fine board.

After 55 years as a Hog fan, I am appalled that we would even consider Kelvin Sampson as our basketball coach. Our reputation as a clean program is even more important than winning. Sampson has put two schools on probation and was banned for five years for the same type of violations. This is not how you mold young men. I hope the rest of the fan base will join me in boycotting the basketball program if Sampson is hired. We are better than this. HY is not an Arkie and should be ran out of town if he ends up hiring a convicted cheater.

Corliss Williamson??

I’m truly sorry for your outraged feelings over MA’s firing; - - but I don’t share them. I feel that eight years was a sufficient time in which MA could have/should have put it all together and reached a higher plateau on the program respectability meter.

If the NEW coach - (whoever he proves to be) - doesn’t engineer a climb up into that upper echelon of prominence, The Powers That Be will undoubtedly plug in yet ANOTHER coach - - and try again. They will - in all likelihood - KEEP repeating that routine until something - and someONE - clicks.

HY for sure is not from here. It’s speaks for his lack of integrity having Sampson at the top of his wish list to fill the HC for our hogs if that was really the case! I doubt HY survives the mistake he is about to hire! He might as well schedule the movers and go back to Houston.
The BOT is just as messed up as he is. They share a lot of blame for the mistakes that have been made hiring and firing coaches.
CMA didn’t get it done at the level it was expected but he is a good coach and even a better man. I don’t know if an honest coach can win big anymore!

I do not appreciate Sampson’s well-earned reputation, and I do NOT want to see him become our new coach. However, - - how I feel about Sampson, - - and how YOU feel about Sampson - may ultimately not matter one whit. We don’t make the decisions.

MA was a very good coach, - - and a quality human being. BUT, - - - - his achievement level did not satisfy The Powers That Be. MA is gone. He’s not coming back.

Depending upon whom the new coaching hire turns out to be, we’ll see how many Hogs fans will be gone - - and not coming back.

In today’s “win at any cost” prevailing climate, how many staunch Razorbacks fans are going to be willing to demonstrably take a stand for “integrity” over “basketball national prominence”? - - - - - - - We may be about to find out.

But MA is GONE. - - - - Let it go. - - - - - He’s GONE.

After the CBB firing and now MA… it’s clear that Hogs fans are not patient enough (per Hogs’ homers)
They should have allowed CBB and MA at least 20 years before thinking about any action.

With an unwritten and unspoken option to an entitlement to another ten years if they so desired it. By all means, - - - let’s not be “hasty”.