Kentucky game..

Arkansas just needs to play extremely tough defense, like Louisville did against them. Have the attitude that you’re down by 20 at all times. Care a less, no one on earth thinks you will win, so just take it as the ultimate challenge and have fun.

Agreed. Our offense needs to be able to drive to the basket as well. A&M ran an offense similar to ours against them, trying to work the perimeter to free up players, but wasn’t aggressive and Kentucky slaughtered them for it. We must be aggressive, especially on the boards.

i agree we need to be aggressive going to the basket, especially Barford and Macon, who have the strength and athleticism to finish in traffic. it also helps, that this season they dont have a true rim protector like past years, Adebayo is a great player but he’s not a true center. defensively we need to play hard half court defense. with Fox, i dont think pressing is advised because all their players thrive in the open court. to me, Barford is the X-factor, every game he’s played well we’ve won, and two of out best wins came in his two best games, vs TN and Texas-Arlington. if he plays well and we can hit some 3’s we got a shot. we’ll never be confused as a good rebounding team but we have to limit their offensive rebounds as best we can. here’s hoping we have good showing.

If they shoot about 35% and we shoot over 50%, including threes, we just might win. I’m not foolish enough to expect it, though. Our strength is our guard play. Trying to run the offense through Moses, as was done in the Florida game, probably won’t work. Let the guards do their thing, slash, shoot threes. Let Moses rebound and block shots, and we might have a chance, albeit a slim one.

Kentucky is definitely beatable. Their strengths are similar to ours. Their guards are they’re saving grace, just like us. They play tough defense, like us. Their 4-5 positions are good/decent, like ours. I keep hoping Kingsley will have a break out game, and if it’s going to happen, this game would be a happy surprise to see it.

Just like at Tennessee, I don’t expect a lot of calls to go our way, so when we get to the line, we can’t miss.

If our boys can stop Fox, then their offense stops. My guess is Watkins/Beard will be guarding him. I’m not sure Watkins can keep up with Fox, but Beard can.

First of all, they’re not boys, unless of course you are comparing them to Kentucky’s roster.

Second, this team has no chance of winning in Rupp.

Sweet dreams.

Wow it must really suck to hate the teams you root for. :cry:

I have been thinking about the same thing you mentioned in the first sentence. My reasoning was that such tactic may very well put Fox and Monk in foul trouble. If Hogs can remove them from the equation for significant portion of the game, I think Kentucky is very beatable.

As in the past when someone posts something negative about the Hogs, people clobber them even if what they are saying is probably fact. I would love to see Hogs take down KY, but the odds of them doing it is very high. I would not want to bet any amount of money on the Hogs if I was a betting person. I might put down a dollar for 200:1 odds. I don’t think the game will be close, but I’m hoping I’m very wrong!!!

that was exactly my thinking, if we can get Fox in foul trouble it would be great, because he is the key to their whole offense. granted, this is highly unlikely with the game at Rupp. however, i could see Barford having some success with his strength, as it could counteract Fox’s length. its paramount that Hannahs or Macon gets off early from deep or it could get ugly fast like it did 2yrs ago when the hogs had a chance to win with Portis n Qualls but we got off to dreadful start.

i honestly think if we are within 4 with 5 minutes to go we will win, but if we get down by 12 or more at any point its over.

Ok, we all know that we will be big, big underdogs tomorrow, but here are a few cheerful notes to make you think it might not be impossible: Before about February 1, 2014, Arkansas was one of the worst SEC road teams in this century. Since then, we’ve won 13 SEC road games. 13 and 12 since February 1, 2014. I’m pretty sure that only Kentucky has been better than us on the road over that time period. In addition, we are the last SEC team to win at Rupp - February 2014, and that was against a Kentucky team that went to the Final Four. People who follow Arkansas basketball only casually think that we’re cupcakes on the road, but that hasn’t been true for years now. Granted, we’ve had a few road beat-downs, and tomorrow might very well be one, but I’m not ready to give Kentucky the W just yet.

that was exactly my thinking, if we can get Fox in foul trouble it would be great, because he is the key to their whole offense. granted, this is highly unlikely with the game at Rupp. however, i could see Barford having some success with his strength, as it could counteract Fox’s length. its paramount that Hannahs or Macon gets off early from deep or it could get ugly fast like it did 2yrs ago when the hogs had a chance to win with Portis n Qualls but we got off to dreadful start.

i honestly think if we are within 4 with 5 minutes to go we will win, but if we get down by 12 or more at any point its over.
[/quote]

I agree that the first 10 minutes will be important. We won’t be able to rally at Lexington from double digit down like we did at Knoxville. With a big lead, Kentucky freshmen can play without pressure. We want them shoot and make decisions under pressure. If we shoot 30 plus free throws, we have a chance.

It is going to be exciting to play Kentucky. I heard the guys are excited and really looking forward to it.

That is a record few teams have. Let’s take comfort from that.

Yeah, you guys are right, we’re going to beat Kentucky on their home court, we’re that good. Puleeeze. 20 point game, minimum.

For those of you who drink the koolaide every year I understand, I was once one of you. However, time changes everything and reality sets in at some point. When was the last time our Hogs were really taken seriously on any sustained run nationally in Basketball? For most UofA students that would be before you were born. Oh, sure Portis and Qualls gave us a couple of nice home wins, but beyond that nothing. Both of those players left the program early when neither were ready for the next level and as you see now Portis is in the NBA D-League.
Tell me the names of Hog players over the past Twenty years that have been drafted in the NBA and had a real career? That’s my point, hardly any.

Nolan didn’t even have but a few players go on to the NBA and Corlis is the only one that had a lengthy career. Day, Mayberry and Miller also hung on long enough to make some money and that’s pretty much it.
Difference was that Nolan understood how to build his roster and had a balance of good guards, sharp shooters from the 3 point line and several bangers on the interior.
Our current roster is lacking big time on bangers inside, Moses K is a nice compliment player if you had a true talent in the middle, but we don’t. When he gets the ball down low he goes up weak and usually gets his shot rejected or is in such bad position that he shoots the ball against the under side of the backboard.
It has nothing to do with effort, they all play hard, they just aren’t talented as the real good teams in the nation.

Now, for those of you that believe we have any sort of a chance playing U.K. At Rupp or for that matter any venue then you are not watching the same basketball team that I’ve seen play this season. I just hope that Coach Cal has enough pity on us to not run it up to a 30-40 point blowout like they just did to Texas A&M because I believe they can if they are allowed to.

I grew up during the Sutton era and he built a program that was respected nationally each and every season, didn’t win it all as Nolan did but were a constant contender for the SWC title and a mainstay at the NCAA tournament, how I long for those days of real good basketball.

I like coach A and hope that he can got things going, but he has to address the needs of this roster each and every year in recruiting, we have missed on too many players that are playing key roles for other teams around the country. So, I do have to question the player evaluation process that he and his staff have done. I’m not talking about Archie or Malik, those guys we couldn’t get once their talent got out to the UK’s of college basketball, but their were others we probably could’ve gotten to play key roles that we are lacking.

Those are my thoughts in a nut shell, good luck Hogs and Hog Fans!

Yeah I’m totally wrong, huh? Doof

Please go back to the cave you just crawled out of troll.

"Tell me the names of Hog players over the past Twenty years that have been drafted in the NBA and had a real career? That’s my point, hardly any.

Nolan didn’t even have but a few players go on to the NBA and Corlis is the only one that had a lengthy career. Day, Mayberry and Miller also hung on long enough to make some money and that’s pretty much it."

Joe Johnson was of no importance, right?

Beverly?

The score makes this game look more of a blowout than it was. We stuck with them very well for 20 minutes, fairly well for 30 minutes, and then collapsed the last 10 minutes. I think the accumulating foul trouble had a lot to do with it, especially Barford’s foul trouble. He was electrifying in the first half, nothing in the second. Moses played well. Hannahs’ shooting slump continues, and it really hurt us last night. He had some nice looks at threes that would have kept it close for longer. Beard, too, had a very off night. We would have had to shoot lights-out to stay in this game, and we didn’t.