ISU Vs. TCU

If ISU can beat TCU this week, then their head coach would jump to the top of my wish list. They had 2 tough losses: 1. To Iowa lost by 3. 2. Lost to Texas by 10. But after the loss to Texas they beat OU and if they beat TCU, then they are beating teams we can’t with less talented players and to be honest, that’s the type of coach we need. One who can win with less. If you aren’t familiar, ISU is generally terrible and recruites worse than us. This was also the head coach of Toledo when they beat us even though the same year we beat ole miss and LSU. To me, this guy will be a really hot commodity if he can pull off the TCU win. He is only 37 years old, but he does a lot with a little. In his 2nd year at ISU, his teams have only allowed an avg of 21 points a game in big 12 conference games. He has scored 32 points a game against the conference. He could very well go 10-2 in his second year in the big 12 at ISU. That’s a pretty big deal for that school.

He could also be 5-5 after his next 3 games. My Hopper game of the week. We’ll see. :wink:

I can’t stomach reading the idiots on this board denigrating our coach for being from the north. Just don’t even go there hire a southerner. Our fan base is too stupid to deal with an outsider not named GRUDEN!!!

[quote=I can’t stomach reading the idiots on this board denigrating our coach for being from the north. Just don’t even go there hire a southerner. Our fan base is too stupid to deal with an outsider not named GRUDEN!!!
[/quote]

Wow… where did you see “IDIOTS” saying “for being from the north” ???

The only stu…pid … and idi…ot in here is YOU
You are a loser just like CBB… that’s why you supported that loser.
Freaking homers!!!

dawgtownhog,

I believe the point of this post is that Arkansas fans have seen enough from Coach B and are looking toward a future without him.

If you believe he’s still the man for the job, you’re definitely in the minority.
I don’t believe most fans care where our next HC comes from as long as he can resurrect our football program which is currently on life support.

Their will be many names bantered about when the time comes.

I get that and completely understand what you are saying. The issue I grew weary with long ago before it had become obvious Bielema needed to go was the vitriol spewed and the hate for Bielema from the beginning because he was from the North. You saw it you know what Im refrencing. One only has to look up at the first response to my post to see what I am speaking of.

I am being serious when I say we need a Southerner if only because there is a faction of our fanbase who automatically sees Northerners as suspect. Don’t even give those guys fodder the UA job is hard enough.

You can be from PLUTO. Just win baby and the majority of the fan base will luv you and the stadium will be full :wink:

If a coach can win and do it with integrity I would be happy! The problem is most of the winning coaches come with baggage.

Win the right way with kids that go to class and graduate.

Brent Venables would take the job on the hill.
5 years ago we had a shot at Kirby Smart.
Wow look what he is doing.

Completely agree Army, however I think Venables is waiting for Oklahoma to call which may be sooner than later.

Venables wanted the job on the hill when Coach B was hired. I still believe he would take the job.
Also Kirby Smart could have been offered.
Right now if I had my choice I’d
Look at these Coaxhes
1 Jeremy Pruitt , defensive Coordintor, Bama. He knows defense and can recruit.
We would not have to play aginst his defensive scheme anymore.
2. Brent Venables , defensive coordinator,
Clemson. He was the defensive coordinator whom beat Bama last year.
He can also recruit.
I’d stop right there and get one of those 2 guys when and If there’s an opening.

Unfortunately we have a history of not hiring Coordinators, Jack Crow being the only exception in modern history I can think of. Oklahoma took a leap with Stoops and it paid off. Florida State with Jimbo Fisher. Georgia with Richt and now Smart. Clemson with Swinney. The list goes on but of course Arkansas will do what Arkansas does with the continual exercise in insanity…doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result.

You may be right about the insanity of banging your head aginst the wall and doing the same thing over and over. It’s time for them to take a different approach!
I have hope that they will go to the programs that are beating us and attempt to tap into the peipeline for a new order of business and play.

Bielema is a defensive guy who can recruit, look how that is paying off. We need an offensive minded guy who will bring a defensive coordinator with an aggressive style.

quote=“doghog72”]Bielema is a defensive guy who can recruit, look how that is paying off. We need an offensive minded guy who will bring a defensive coordinator with an aggressive style.
[/quote]

I have advocated hiring the type of coach you describe since Broyles retired but we always do the exact same thing. Hire a coach with a conservative boring philosophy on both sides of the ball. Petrino was an anomoly…Long wanted Grobe. Geeze, why do we continue to make the same stupid decisions?

I have advocated hiring the type of coach you describe since Broyles retired but we always do the exact same thing. Hire a coach with a conservative boring philosophy on both sides of the ball. Petrino was an anomoly…Long wanted Grobe. Geeze, why do we continue to make the same stupid decisions?
[/quote]

We need a defensive coach that is aggressive. You will never win being passive and scared and that the way he has been for 5 years! Just a little work on special teams would be a drastic improvement. The red shirt kicker should have been used this year. Waiting until games 6 to put Warren back for a kick off return was stupid. Why wasn’t he back there from game 1. Those are the hair brain things that drive me nuts.
It also drive me nuts for a blocker on the punt team to bother the man receiving a punt when he is fair catching the ball. And it leads to a fumble and a score for the opponent. This has to be the most unorganized grab your rear ended scratch your head type junk we have watched !
We need a coach period

We need a defensive coach that is aggressive. You will never win being passive and scared and that the way he has been for 5 years! Just a little work on special teams would be a drastic improvement. The red shirt kicker should have been used this year. Waiting until games 6 to put Warren back for a kick off return was stupid. Why wasn’t he back there from game 1. Those are the hair brain things that drive me nuts.
It also drive me nuts for a blocker on the punt team to bother the man receiving a punt when he is fair catching the ball. And it leads to a fumble and a score for the opponent. This has to be the most unorganized grab your rear ended scratch your head type junk we have watched !
We need a coach period
[/quote]

Yeah, I was hoping the move to the 3-4 would be an agressive 3-4 with a Joe Lee Dunn style 3-3-5 when we went nickel but nooooo…its read and react bend but dont break conservative crap. If we are gonna lose I would much rather have a defense that takes the fight to the opponet rather than the ridiculouness currently on the field.