If I were Bielema I would spend more time teaching defense, and less time on TV.

I still think if you’re last in yards per carry, not in like 32 teams like on Sunday’s, but in the whole 115 teams or whatever it is without looking exactly, someone has to be fired, or something drastic has to change. I heard that Partridge was fired down in FL, he was pretty solid, and a good recruiter. I’d create a new job just for him, run defense coordinator.

Yes, Partridge was fired and Kiffin hired in his place. Don’t know if he’d come back or not. Bielema did indicate that he has fielded some calls concerning his staff and that he would expect some turnover. He didn’t say, but this may not be the news seemingly everyone desires (i.e., not on the defensive side of the ball). Just sayin’.

I agree, this format is less enjoyable it seems to be more filtered with less posters. I enjoyed getting on after the games to get fans raw emotional perspective.

BTW call me slow, but I just figured out how to reply to posts after a month. What ever happen to the old reply button…

I have been on message boards (various ones) for the last 20 years or so. They all work about the same. I keep hearing some people complain about the “new” system. This system is almost identical to every other message board that I have ever seen. I am really confused as to what these comments are talking about.

Someone starts a “thread”, with a topic, people can quote a particular post in the thread and reply to that particular person or just do a “reply” to the whole thread. I don’t see anything about this system that (1) is any different from any other message board I have ever seen and (2) that in any way limits fan comments. That second statement really confuses me.

You are exactly right, but it seems that the complaints along this line are from those who used to comment about each article (below the article.) Those folks are not used to using message boards and it seems to baffle many of them.

I do wish the “comment re-direct” at the end of each story would go directly to a thread that was already on the message board. I know there are some, if not most, stories have threads started on the message boards, but would prefer a direct link from story to them. That having been said, overall I like the board and find myself reading it way too much of the time. (Psst, that’s a secret; don’t tell anyone.)

I too spend to much time here! I get your point about the redirect. I use the board differently. I start on the board, then, seeing an article above, will read it. I don’t get to an article and then need redirected to the Board. I guess there could be one “official” thread for comments about a particular article that the redirect sent you too. A post I make on here will maybe be connected to a article in that it is on the same topic, but is hardly ever in direct response to a particular article. For example, if I post something about yesterday’s basketball game, it will be on the basketball page, but won’t be in direct response to any story about the game.

I understand. I’m the opposite. I usually start on WholeHogSports, then move to the message board, and then look at the topics. If I read an article I might like to comment on, but there is not a thread, I usually won’t start one. I’m still learning how everything works.

WOW SGH l didn’t realize these boards existed back in '96 ( “20 years or so”) As Marty stated below I was use to reading and commenting below the articles in the old format. As far as the last statement, I was saying that I did not realize that you had to hit the quotation symbol to reply directly to someone’s post, it took me a while to figure it out. After being on for a couple months I think I got it figured out now.

I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed hoping for a “close shave” victory on the 29th., - - regardless of the nature of CBB’s personal hygiene choices.

But I’m not betting the farm on the impending outcome. I washed dishes for a solid month after the Missouri loss. These days I’m strictly a paper plate, Dixie cup and plastic dinnerware guy.

I plan to “sandwich” in a couple of other bowl games around the VT Belk tussle.

If this is a repeat, sorry. I hate the “someone has posted since you started drafting you post, do you still want to post” thing. (I know that isn’t exactly what it says). I thought I posted once, don’t see it. I ASSUME that was the issue (when I hit “submit” and the screen changes, I assume (stupidly) that the post “posted.”)

Anyway, I was trying to figure out when I first was on a Hog message board. It was not as early as 1996, but I am pretty sure I was on one by 1998 at latest. (Yes I am old!)