I think we can put to bed......

I have read some of the above. Will read it all later in the day when I have more time. I apologized to fellow fans in a post on this board right after the game about suggesting that AA might be just as poor at QB as his older brother. Anticipating bad and comparing their skills as similar was definitely wrong by me and I admitted that.

However what I saw in posts in the early stages on this topic were pure gloating as if the whole family name and the performances of the previous QB had all been vindicated and therefore made right by AA at TCU. That is foolishness. The penchant or strange knack pa had for hanging around up there when assistant coaches usually have long gone down the river in his position all around the country was not explained by AA at TCU. The previous QB choking over & over late in games and back-ups never taking the field for years was not explained by AA at TCU. The only thing explained or verified at TCU was AA’s justification to be Hog QB. Something his brother didn’t do until the mid point of the 2015 season. Excuses and beating around the bush about the previous QB changes none of that. As I alluded to earlier, I will be glad when 2018 arrives and a new QB bloodline is at the U of A. I just think it will be a healthier situation for the whole program. I have nothing more to say about this. People can agree or not, I do not care.

No matter what you think of the Allen name a player still has to SHOW the coaches he’s ready. He has to prove that to the players in practice. He has to show it on the field. Check,check,and check. Notice I didn’t say he is going to play perfectly but as CBB says AA gives us the best chance at winning at this time. The coaches have seen it all around and the players as well. Well spoken BH. HOGS YA’LL.

Point out the place on this board or anywhere where I questioned AA being the starting QB for the Hogs since the TCU game? You people seem to want to bash me because I am not a fan of big bro or Pa Allen. Right, I am not. No one here will change that. However I think it is both theoretically & logically possible to like one member of a family while disliking others of that same family. Can you people comprehend that? I will furthermore state this, BA is not worthy to hold this AA kid’s jock strap. Bielema even said we would probably have lost that type game a year or two ago in reference to the Louisiana Tech win. TRANSLATION: A year or two ago was when BA was Hog QB.

So you don’t like the name Allen.
I’m assuming that you like the name Petrino?

You assume wrong. No fan of Petrino the rat. He didn’t care about the team or fans when he hit that public highway. Not his family either. People are simple minded that feel he belonged here.

It’s going to take a body of work for me to be convinced. Not just an early season game against a weak TCU defense. I do give him credit for playing very well in that game though. He looked sharp.

AA seems to excel in the clutch. He has done it twice in this short season. Big time against TCU in Fort Worth. That is the IT FACTOR in all sports. Anyway debating AA as the starter is probably a moot point for fans. It became moot when Peavey went out the door after being demoted to the back of the bus after minor back surgery. A bad injury is all that will change that. Nobody wants that.

Two games. I do like his composure. Let’s see what he does against Bama.

I personally hate this type of board. HATE IT. But I agree with your comment.

This board is a drastic change in format layout from our previous board. It takes us away from the action so to speak as well. Action being the articles by the many professional sports writers on this site. This board is basically a Scout board layout with very minor differences. These type boards were once a constant in a large nationwide Scout network of these boards. You punch up the large one that still exists called CollegeFootballNews. Hard to get to now days but you hit Front Page at the Googled Link and then click Forums and that will get you there and that easily connects you to what is left of the old Scout Network with Links above all the different conference pages of the teams. It is a rather bleak little used board these days, even the SEC site, but years ago I used it and many boards in the Scout Network. I would have advised staying off the FSU board and those panhandle people back then. I was quickly banned for life when they started talking about my female family members. That board is now gone, no loss. Anyhow this type board is well known to me.