Hog Football Success?

I am not worried about beating Alabama because it probably won’t happen - especially under this coaching regime. Furthermore, no coach in this conference (with the possible exception of Malzahn at Auburn) is going to lose his job because he lost to Alabama. However, if Bret Bielema wants to get me 100% behind him (as opposed to the 60% I am now) he needs to do something that validates his “uncommon men” hash tag and what better way to do so then by beating the Crimson Tide.

I have hope but not a lot of confidence in this season. I suppose we should win the first game, but the early line shows that TCU is a touchdown favorite so our odds of beating TCU is not good and if, as expected, TCU wins, most likely TA&M will as usual also win.

Coach Broyles always bounce back after a poor season. However, my expectations less are with the current coach so I made up my mind not to be too upset if we don’t go to a bowl. However, I’ll be almost satisfied if we do and thrilled if somehow we win 8 game; and overjoyed if we win 9 regular season games plus the bowl game.

W for winning in the classrooms
W for turning football players into respectable men to be proud of outside of the game of football.
W for wins during the off season.
Those 3 Ws should start translating into my idea of success.

Success is an attitude exemplified through consistency and determination to rise and stay well above mediocrity. 9 should be the realistic target of wins from this season and moving forward with this CBB regime.

We’ve heard about the chipped shoulders, and excitement over improvements made defensively and the offensive line during the off season, for once I’d like for this hype to translate onto the score board for more than just 1 half of a football game…
Depth, Speed, and the ability to close football games is what I want to see.

Can Coach Enos save the Hogs’ bacon this season? Having the #1 rated JUCO TE and #1 rated JUCO WR at his disposal to lead a large contingent at both positions can be make this season a huge succes even if they may not be nor become 1st team starters. The numbers at these positions suggest a winning investment in having a fine tuned and explosive offense to keep the Hogs afloat and highly competitive in every game this season. Can sll of these varied individual skills still be maximized despite lack of experience? I look forward to Coach Enos’s wonder works with the Hog offense this season. It could start out slow and offense ironing out these early season kinks. But the big key will be keeping the Hog offense on the field and scoring at a high percentage clip, i.e. 3rd conversions 48% or better, continued red zone success from last season, more TDs and lesser fgs on sustained offensive drives, many more collective explosive plays for TDs due to inproved speed. and thus at least 7 to 15 points higher scoring average than last season. These things are what I hope for from these marvelous investments in the Hog offense for this season Playing it one game at a time! WPS!

Depth, depth, and more depth!
My prediction for TCU game…

Hogs will and shoul play to their strengths with the “ground and pound” ball control style football that allows Austin Allen to manage the game and play to his strengths when and only when he has to… Running Game, Play Action pass, quick screens, and athletic tight ends will be a huge factor in keeping our Quarterback off the turf. TCU plays fast and will gain yardage exposing our secondary all night, hogs will match offense with our 3 headed running monster that will replicate some of coach BB’s better offenses during his successful tenure with Wisconsin.
Nationally televised game at home will be a high scoring thriller of a game… two very opposite style offensive teams showcase in the spotlight… This game will be about which offense can wear the other team out first… I don’t think AA has to worry and throws an all most perfect mistake free ball game… Our running game will have alot to do with this… He just needs to be a leader and manage the game efficiently… I strongly believe he will. Hogs 54 TCU 49. Hogs need a TD in the 4th qtr… Who else… CHASE HAYDEN with the most perfect block i’ll have ever seen giving AA just enough time to find a wide Open Tight End for the game winning touchdown, leaving TCU only 39 seconds on the clock… special teams comes through for the Hogs pinning the Horned Frogs Deep in their own territory. Their just is not enough time and HOGS prevail with a huge Home win. 2-0 start to the year… national exposure and ranked #24th in the polls by Tuesday!

4 field goals in the game… special teams becoming a strength for Hogs!
4 Running TD’s 4 rbs combine for 372 yards… two 100 yard rushers emerge in this game!
2 Passing TD including game winning pass. 229 passing yards
Defense gets just enough stops! We need secondary help

Just a fun prediction I hope pans out. WPS

-LogicHog

Logic Hog,
That would have been a nice prediction of the TCU game, but I have to ask you what football team have you been watching last year and thus far this season.
We can’t get any push at the line of scrimmage to run the ball and can’t pass protect one enough to make Austin feel comfortable.
The defense actually played pretty good for the most part other than giving up a couple of 3rd and longs for a 1st down. However, if the offense could finish drives we would have had a chance to possibly win the game, but they don’t have the horses up front other than Ragnow to do the job.
Changes must be made to our O-Line if we are going to be able to compete with good teams, period. This current lineup in the trenches isn’t going to get it done.
Our special teams is anything but special, actually they are pathetic in all phases of special teams. It’s college football so take a que from Alabama whom puts many star players on special teams because that’s how important every play is in a ballgame and how it affects field position.
We haven’t had reliable field goal kicking since Zach Hocker, so spend some time vetting that position real hard during recruiting. We probably have some kids on campus on the soccer team that could get the ball into the end zone on a regular basis on kickoffs and if I were Brett I would be holding some open auditions to fill that need during this bye week.
If we get beat by Texas A&M using the same lineups and schemes then this will be a horrible season which we will have nothing to play for and if that is the case then I would start looking to the future and getting as many young guys playing time against SEC competition so that they will know what to expect in order to compete at that level.
I always hear accolades about our strength and conditioning coach when recruits come for visits about how intense he is, but I don’t see results from in strength from our guys down in the trenches on either side of the ball compared to the top teams and quite frankly even teams that we should be able to impose our will and run the ball against. It’s simply not working yet after 5 seasons, the way we’re doing things aren’t netting success and need to change.

What are your thoughts, I would be interested to know?

Go Hogs!