HA Question of the Day: Do you think Ty Storey should play at least a half against Coastal Carolina and why or why not?

Well, I see all the time spent discussing how much Ty should play was a complete waste!!! AA couldn’t even get into the game. He did not look too happy yesterday when they showed him. Makes me wonder how serious his injury was to start.

Makes me wonder, if he will ever play again at Arkansas.

You are nailing it. % years ago the Wisconsin folks were telling us this, but I must admit I thought it was sour grapes on their part similar to folks in Atlanta whining about how we hired Petrino.

But the coach owns player personnel. Short Chase, Williams or Whaley could not have taken that ball to house like Hammonds did. For a coach that is always rah rah about freshness for player safety, Hammonds should be on the field. Then you look at FG kicker situation… it was issue when same guy two years in a row. The 4 star lineman that were benched. I bet if we ever see Gragg we will see a star, but he will likely be in NFL having never played a down at Arkansas.

When down by 13 against a 1-7 team, at home I thought we would see him then, but since we did not, I am convinced that AA is not well respected within that locker room. The coaching staff is just late to getting caught up with that. I wanted to see Ty just to see what we have because I don’t trust CBB and this staff to tell us who are the best players on the team.

AA will play again for Razorbacks, but the Chef Big Baby will only put him in where success is eminent, injury to Cole, or the very last game against Mizzou. Of course I assume that Chef Big Baby is not fired today or tomorrow.

The use of players has been a head scratcher for a long time! Play calling as well. There was no reason for the cute backwards pass that CC returned for a TD.

Deatric Wise is starting for the NE Patriots and he rarely seen the field his senior year because of injuries. You have to wonder about the entire situation.

We have scored enough points to win most games last season. What this staff fails to do is to be aggressive. On both sides of the ball. Yesterday on 4 th and 1 we punted aginst a Sun belt team. When you can run the ball at will why punt on 4th and 1. Why do you want to throw a backwards pass that could potentially end up being a fumble. Why wait until the final seconds of the first half to throw deep to be marked down at the 1 ! With 30 seconds take that shot.

I don’t like our current situation but I also don’t like the idea of starting over with an unproven replacement.

I’ll be a hog fan regardless so I’m not going to worry about it. I would like to see the hogs in a New Years 6 bowl game soon so I just hope that something is done to correct our issues.

Start by getting rid of former head coaches that are coordinators.

You guys are both spot on. Player talent evaluations have been lacking with this coaching staff from the get go. In addition to everything already said, I remember AJ Derby playing miserably as the backup quarterback at Rutgers a number of years ago. Derby was not D1 quarterback material and never should have been behind center. I also recall Brandon Allen, clearly hurt, playing an entire game at Missouri. Somewhat coincidental, given Bielema’s self professed claim to player safety issues.