Former UConn head coach Bob Diaco has interviewed for the Arkansas defensive coordinator job

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

This would be a great hire!!!

Here’s the thing though, outsiders never stay very long at Arkansas. Honestly, now that I’m over that Malzahn/Mustain/Williams/Nutt issue, I would just hire Malzahn in a yr or so. I’ve watched him the last cpl yrs at Auburn and I do think he has character, which was my fear originally, that he might be a jerk. He needs a quality D.C. obviously to be successful though…

It’s hard to recruit if kids don’t know who they will be playing for, and Malzahn would bring stability… Diaco has spent his entire life north of the Mason/Dixon line, he’s not going to stay long if hired…

I should say, I would hire Malzahn if Bielema doesn’t win 8 or 9 games next yr, Bielema has been here long enough to win consistently now. My fear about Malzahn in the past was that he might have cheated, and I thought Nutt was a loyal Arkansan and deserved better than being treated that way. Loyalty is a big factor for me, maybe the only thing me and Donald Trump agree on. LOL… NOW I’m like is it cheating if everyone is doing it?? Cheating to me is gaining an unfair competitive advantage…
And I didn’t like the distraction that those Springdale kids caused before the Cap One bowl, which cost us that game. I wish they would have waited until after the game to go in and see Broyles and air out their grievances. Those distractions cost us that game…IMHO…

That being said, Malzahn has shown at Auburn that he has character, is loyal, he’s been there a while now. That he cares about the kids, and can flat out coach. That and at heart I’m a Christian, even though 90% of me doesn’t believe in that anymore, but at heart I’m still a Christian, and I forgive and forget as TRUE CHRISTIANITY is all about.

Well he’s apparently going to Nebraska. If we were outbid I will be really mad!! We had a chance to hire a top notched DC who could make a difference. So are we down to Rhoads and Partridge now who I question if they can establish a first rate 3-4 defense?

I bet he declined more so because they want him to share the DC job with CPR, who would be Co-DC. If so then I feel bad for BB. That’s moronic to let a coach like him get away if something like that were the case.
But oh well, CPR will be the DC I would assume now. (Super enthusiastic voice…not)