Dick V

Yep. I saw the one by Monk.

I’m not usually one that whines about announcers or refs. But I found myself flipping the middle finger to Dick V today. What a piece of… work.

[quote=“ArmyHog”]
Did any of you see the throat slash by Fox and Monk? The sportsmanship is a two way street. I wish our players would have kept their cool but there’s no excuse for what Kentucky did either or the refs for not calling it both ways.
What got us beat today wasn’t the refs it was poor shooting. If we would have made shots and put pressure on Kentucky we could have won. We didn’t and we lost
On too the Dance and forget it![/quote

That is what set everything off.Monk wirh his throat slash and the refs calling the SECT totally different this whole week than they did in regular season. They called nothing all week. Just there to draw their checks. How many games did we see where neither team got in the bonus til the last 5 minutes? Then today they let it get out of hand when they should have clearly seen it coming with all the chippiness going on early. As for Dukie V…Stay out of our conference! Go back to the ACC unless Kentucky has an OOC game on TV. GHG!

Why is the “throat slash” not a technical foul? It is unsportsmanslike conduct penalty in football. Is it nothing in basketball?

It is but not when Kentucky does it! The Elbow to the face is a flagrant as well and it was not called.

Ahhhhh I see! :slight_smile:

Dick Vitale needs to retire.

Again, using my wife as an example of someone who doesn’t know who this guy is, asked me if he was “Kentucky’s home announcer” and I said no. SMH.

I’m going to call out Jeff Long on this one! Jeff Long needs to demand a public apology, not twitter, but a public apology from Vitale. I rewatched the two technical incidents at least 5 times to listen to Vitale. While I agree with him there was no need for any of those two technicals, he referred to OUR team as scum once, he called Kingsley a worm, and challenged our teams manhood on national television. He is a commentator on the game of basketball. HE HAS NO RIGHT, WITHOUT REPERCUSSION, TO MAKE STATEMENTS LIKE THAT!!! Long needs demand some sort of a public apology from him to our team and our state. Why our state you ask? Because this man throughout the entire game made references about “how we wish Monk was in our uniforms” or “how badly our state feels about him leaving” all this crap. Just trying to antagonize a fanbase, again, on national television.

Then he has the gall to preach about how he cares about player safety, YET I remember him defending the shenanigans of Christian Laettner back in the day. And most recently, one of the Harrison twins slapping a Wisconsin player and defending Grayson Allen for kicking a player in the nuts. Basically, if you are not a blue blood, you aren’t worthy to be on the floor in this mans eyes. Don’t believe me? Watch some of these 30 for 30 movies, where he denegrates Georgetown, the Fab Five, and Shaq.

Then man needs to retire.

Dick Vitale is the worst announcer in the history of sports. He is a caricature and nothing more. Every game he announces is all about him with the game being secondary. I absolutely refuse to watch a Vitale called game. If it is a game I insist on watching (like yesterday) I watch with the volume off.

in this case, he’s wearing his name quite well

was both proud and happy for CMA calling out Vitale on national tv today. i admit the 2 fouls were hard, but not as egregious as they looked on tv. Kingsley’s foul probably warranted his ejection, but Vitale’s summation of events and calling out of Kingsley were abhorrent. how can you present a commentary on manhood based on one, trivial event in a young mans life is uncalled for. this just cements the fact that CMA is the right man for job.

Glad to see Anderson defending his program. Those were two hard fouls, and we deserved the flagrants, but the guys were trying desperately to win and emotions were running high. I don’t think there was any intent to hurt anyone. No fists were thrown. There was no fighting. To suggest, as Dick V. did, that our players are thugs, or play dirty is just unfair. He carried it too far to make us look like villains. I note he had not a word to say when Malik Monk was throat slashing - twice, which should have earned him two technicals and an ejection, but apparently it’s just “boys will be boys” when Kentucky or Duke does something dirty.

Jeff Long, AD, needs to step up to the plate and support the coach, players and the Razorback fans! He won’t because it would not benefit him.
Greg Stankey, SEC commissioner, was court side and watched the game! Unless he’s blind he saw what took place. He won’t do anything. I have voiced my concerns to his office before and nothing happens!
I sent a certified letter to ESPN. I want them to listen to what Dick Vitale’s comments were throughout the game. If I get a response I will share with my fellow hog fans!
Class! Let’s look at that topic on both fronts.
Mike Anderson has zero vacated wins for NCAA violations. He has never had a losing season as a head coach. When faced with decisions his rules and standards will be meet. Players that get in trouble receive discipline and it’s enforced.
That supported by the fact we had a Hog that left the program whom is the player of the year for another conference.
Cal “Greaseball” Kentucky coach! Previous coaching jobs prior to Kentucky
Memphis and U Mass. Both schools ended up on probation from the NCAA after he left. Multiple vacated wins at both schools. To include NCAA tournament games.
A show that was aired on ESPN showed what happened to a player that was on the Kentucky basketball team when Cal was hired. Cal told the kid he did not have a spot for him on the team. He was a senior.
ESPN airs Kentucky’s blue vs white game live on ESPN. How many other schools in the SEC or even college basketball get that treatment. Look at how many games Kentucky had in prime time on the mother ship channels for national audiences to see this last season! Just last night ESPN had Cal on after the selection show for his thoughts.
Refs blew one way whistles in our game and failed to do their job. That has happened every since we joined the SEC!
The unsportsmanlike conduct should not be tolerated by any player from any team.
At the same time when you have a picture that shows and is proof of such conduct right in front of a ref and also right in front of Dick Vitale and nothing is called or said it’s also proof of the bias. Greg Stankey is also right up front for the show.
Monk is no angel. I did not read Wally Hall’s article for his stance aginst my hogs.
Any young man has the right to attend any school they wish should they qualify. For any announcer to comment and say that our players wish Monk was in our uniform is out of line. Vitale was pro Kentucky with all of his comments. Classlesss is what Vitale is! Monk’s actions in the game shows the fan base just what he thinks of people he calls his friends. Durning his recruitment he could have told the truth to Mike Anderson and told him he was going to Kentucky. He did not we missed out on other instate players that could have been offered. He used the Media train to promote himself.
I’m glad he’s not a hog! We don’t need disloyal players. I would rather take a loss with loyal players than win with spoiled, pampered and rude young men. By watching the game does anyone on this board believe you treat a friend with the non verbal act of a throat slash?

The reason we lost the game was poor shooting. Our team was loose with the ball at times. Instead of taking open shots we would go inside to get blocked or fouled and nothing called. Focus! We failed to just play the game and emotions were out of control.

Talent gap! The media helps improve Kentuxky’s advantage with this one and the diaper dandy one and done !

How poetic is it that Dick Vitale has a picture just show up today with him and a Seton Hall T-shirt’. Imagine that.

I’m an old soldier and it’s time to be part of a solution to this problem. I will not give up

All I can say is I 100% agree buddy. I don’t agree with “thug” ball in the game. But, it’s time for a team to step up and say " Come at me bro!" To Kentucky and the SEC bias. What Greaseball does is a slap in the face to College Athletics. And it’s all about money and paying players. Once again if you don’t know about how Cal works just google “World Wide Wes” and read about this slimeball and Greaseball coop.

One last thing. After getting hosed by the refs every time we step on the court in a big SEC game, I totally get the frustration of Dusty and Moses. And I say kudos!

Well, we won’t be getting that apology for Vitale.

I just happened to get home from work and turn on Finebaum just in time to hear Vitale call in. Yes, Vitale CALLED IN to the show to defend himself over what Anderson said, which I didn’t hear till later.

He flat out said he wouldn’t apologize for a thing he said, even to the point of doubling down on what he said.

Here’s the problem: He doesn’t get it!

He made this huge rant about player safety and about sportsmanship.

BUT, Anderson didn’t dispute this!!! Anderson said that the refs made the right call because of what Kingsley did and I haven’t seen one Razorback fan disagree that Kingsley shouldn’t have done it or been thrown out of the game.

What I watched later, was Anderson explaining the disrespectful comments he made about our program and Kingsley. He didn’t even know Kingsley’s name but yet can comment on the character and manhood of Kingsley. On the show, Vitale even stated forgetting Kingsley’s name wasn’t a big deal. SMH!

I would love to believe Vitale when he talks about player safety, BUT he’s lying. Totally and utterly lying. Take Bret Bielema. He has talked about player safety since he became the coach here. Love it or hate it, he’s been consistent with his views on player safety. Vitale, on the other hand, has defended rough play, injuries, and technical fouls called on certain players, most recently Grayson Allen at Duke. Anderson tried to address this discrepancy until Finebaum cut him off about how Vitale defended Allen not once but twice for two incidences that got Allen T’d up and even suspended. There are other cases, documented mind you, of this as well. Vitale only takes issue when it’s a team against a “blue blood” of the NCAA. I’m sorry, I can’t trust his “heartfelt” views on player safety in this matter.

The kicker of the whole interview that made me say “you have got to be kidding,” was when Vitale said “this has been blown way out of proportion.” Meaning, Arkansas fans and Anderson’s reactions. WHAT?! DICK, YOU STARTED THIS WHOLE THING!!! Vitale is the one who pulled the trigger on this and then tried to pass the gun to someone else claiming they fired the shot. Vitale took a hard aggressive foul that rightly got Kingsley thrown out of the game and turned it into Kingsley and this team was a dirty team. YOU OWN THIS VITALE!

He also tried to say he complemented our team during the game as well, and he did a little, but again, when my wife asks me “is he Kentucky’s home announcer,” it shows where most of his comments were directed the whole game.

I’ll give him credit for one sentence. He did say what Monk did had no place in basketball. But it was a bleep on the radar of the whole conversation.

I mean, I don’t know if he’s just getting so far up there in age he doesn’t get how what he says is insulting, but he antagonized just about everybody in the state of Arkansas and doesn’t understand why we’re upset with what he was saying throughout the game.

Which is why he needs to retire.

He will find out and get an education about common courtesy and respect when he runs into a true hog fan. I just it would be me!
I would let him know how big he is to call a kid a mouse! The next day say it’s all about kids!