College Gameday

Good Grief!! Did the FG even make it to the goal post?

Yeah I just looked at the replay. These guys should be rolling for the rest of the day even with misseg fg just now but on that play, Alex Collins would have followed Froholdt into that hole on the right side as Froholdt pulled pretty well. That may have been a 5 to 10 yard gain, or more. It was split second decision to run back into where Froholdt pulled from by our still young and much improving running back, thus stopped short. But I agree we do not have strong push all across the OL line yet. More seasoning and experienced play from our young OL and RBs should all pan out eventually.

If they punch this in I see a board meltdown

We have major OL issues!! AA shouldn’t have to pass at all but we can’t convert 3rd and 2 or 4th and 1 against ALCORN. This is Bielema’s 4th year, advertising that he loves offensive linemen, and we are relying on a converted DL as a starter? We were shut out in the second quarter but as much as I like Coach, he is under performing.

My bad it was #74 right guard who pulled into the left side where the runner should have followed instead of cutting back to the right and being stopped short. LG Froholdt stood his man up as he should. That play was designed to go behind the pulling right guard #74 for an easy first down.

I’m impressed with the Little Rock crowds enthusiasm.

IMHO, last year was the year we should have made a statement. But, for whatever reasons, be it BA not having the light bulb come on till mid-season, WR injuries not allowing us to be in sync, or the loss of key players on defense and no one stepping up early enough, it just didn’t happen. Move to this year. So many ?s that it probably should have been considered a rebuilding season. Most people were predicting preseason, 5-7 to 7-5. Furthermore, if you look at how it sets up next year, AA will be a senior and probably will be considered the #1 QB in the SEC preseason. These young playmakers will get more involved, and the O-line will have way more experience. I just think Arkansas is not in a position to make noise every year, but we can every other year. And to me, like last year should have been, next year should be the year we do so.

So we’re the Chicago Cubs of college football? It seems to me we have too many offensive tackles on this team rather some true guards. That is a coaching recruiting failure that they won’t admit.

The early departure of Kirkland was a huge hit to this team, and Kirkland for that matter.

Sigh…

I see 3 issues with this team, and I know it’ll upset some people.

1. Our OL just isn’t that good.
  2. Our D has issues with that QB keeper. Not good looking at the next two weeks
  3. Our kickoff team needs major improvement

Ding,Ding, Ding we have a winner folks.

Yes Sir, those are the definite weaknesses of this team.

1. The O-line will get better IMHO, but as of now they are playing at a C level.

2. The rushing QB issue is a scheme issue to me, and CRS needs to address that.

3. Special teams need a shake up in coaching, and I think we just need a new kicker. Hate to say it but I just don’t see our current kickers getting it done.

All that being said, our QB, RB, and WR talent and depth is as good as I can remember. Also, you can see the overall depth of the defense is very encouraging and IMHO the secondary is as good as I have seen Arkansas have in a decade.

QB - might not be a great thing. He’s good, if he plays good the rest of the year he may leave early

RB - I agree

WR - Hatcher SR, Morgan SR, Cornelius SR, Holister SR, Reed SR, Sprinkle (TE) SR, they won’t be here next year. I really haven’t seen anyone else catch a pass (WR/TE wise)

D - They’re looking good to me too

If this had been a 10 min qtr, Storey wouldn’t have got to play. Coming in now

Welp, Ty that wasn’t very good.

Cornelius is a junior and will be our #1 next year. But I do believe Pettway and Stewart will be big time for us.

I think the reason AA was left in is because they wanted to get a lot of other people experience and wanted AA to get everyone in the right position and have the right adjustments. I think if something happens to AA, I really believe that Kelley would have the red shirt pulled off.

This one was my favorite.