Coaching Names to Watch

I made a similar comment on another board. Think that’s the real issue with this team. Football isn’t THAT important to the majority of the players.

We need Mark Hudspeth, he is a proven winner and a proven cheater so Arkansas will love him. He is a Sourherner and not one of those dirty carpetbagging Northerners so Arkansas fans will love him. He runs him one of those “excitin” Offenses and plays absolutely no Defanse so Arkansas fans will love him. Main! We need Mark Hudspeth!!!

That’s the catch 22 you get when you recruit these “uncommon” guys. Many of them realistically know that football is only paying for their education, and they don’t care enough about it. The guys that we don’t consider uncommon, know that football is their chance, or their passion. That’s why I disagree at times with this recruiting philosophy. I’m all for bringing in quality guys, but there are quality guys that don’t necessarily want to focus on academics, but instead football. They won’t mess up any more likely than the next, but just want to pursue football.

You have to have a team that eats, breathes and sleeps football. Not what they are doing post-football.

Leach has never won a conference title or even played in a conference championship game, and that’s in leagues not nearly as rugged as the SEC. Sounds to me like more of the mediocrity you claim to detest. But this one is easy to figure out: He’s Petrino without the motorcycle. Throws the ball a lot, doesn’t care about defense, and is a jerk.

First, I did not say I wanted Leach as coach, my point was that it is foolish to dislike a coach just because he passes alot. Personally I do not care if we pass every play or run every play as long as we win. No, he has not won a championship, but look at Texas Tech and WSU before and after Leach then tell me he did not improve those programs. Who cares if the coach is a jerk? He is here to win games not a miss usa pageant.

NONE of these “top tier” coaches you guys are spouting off is even a little bit interested in coaching at arkansas, do you not remember the list of coaches that were a real possibility before bielema was hired , not the gruden, bear bryant list, the real one…wasnt real impressive folks. blow this up and we will here for the next four years crying about the next coach and are elite 3 win seasons

:ugeek:

Mike Gundy is not top tier?

Chad Morris is not happy at SMU because they promised facility improvements but now are backing out on those promises. I believe his dream job is A&M so if that job opens up he’ll jump on it.

No but he is a man! And he’s 50!!!

And OK-Lite will throw all of Boone Pickens’ money they can get to keep him. I would be surprised to see him leave OSU for any non-elite job, i.e., Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. The Mullet has things going at OSU; starting over at Arkansas probably isn’t high on the list.

1 name
Played for arkansas and won NC
Coached Miami hurricanes to a dominating season and NC
Coached dallas cowboys and won Multiple super bowls.

JIMMY JOHNSON

he’s my dream hog head coach… but would he give away his analyst job?
Can he recruits?
We all know he can coach and was successful at every level…
Get that Booster money and pay the man… he’s not getting any younger

I actually tweeted him that question when BP was fired, his exact response “No, the ocean doesn’t come to Fayetteville.” He’s also said to multiple people he is really happy with his current situation.