Can we finish out 2-1.

After the FL win, we are bowl eligible. Great, but this doesn’t need to be our ceiling. We are in year 4 of CBB, and we’ve seen the 6-6 and 7-5 regular season finishes before. I firmly believe we need a regular season finish of 8-4 to show progress year-over-year. We have LSU at home next week. Even though they lost to Bama last night, Coach O has them looking tough. If we win, it will be a slug fest. Miss State and Mizzou are on the road. Miss Sate looked good against aTm, and I don’t know about Mizzou. Can we pull 2 wins out of the next 3 games? If we do, I’m calling it a great year, and I think CBB has us on track.

This is the time of year we paly our best ball every year under CBB. So why not finish 2-1, why not 3-0?

The big if.

We play with the effort and discipline that we showed against Florida we will win all 3.
We didn’t match up against Auburn. Auburn’s offense was way too fast and when it got going, the game was over quickly. No way we are built to come back against Auburn. The remaining teams we match up well because of similar styles IMO.
LSU will be a very interesting game for us. Let’s see how they respond after playing Bama tough and still losing at home.

When we play against read option teams we don’t fair well against them but against I formation teams who want to run, we seem to do much better so yes I think we have a chance in all 3 games. Against LSU the key is to stop the run and make their QB beat us. Can’t have LSU run all over us!

The Hogs play defense like they did against Florida. They can win all three with their offense. I watched a lot of the Alabama/LSU game. The LSU QB seemed to be very flustered by pressure. He will do worse in Fayetteville if they can get a few sacks on him. Stopping the run is key against LSU.

If the team that played Florida shows up against LSU and plays clean football we have reason to be optimistic of our chances to win out.WPS

Man…this team has been a roller coaster this season and I hope things are on the smooth winning side now. I hope CBB got it all off his chest and the team will be very motivated these last 3. I say we go 2-1 and that will be a year-over-year improvement. HOGS YA’LL.

The reason for the roller coaster is simple. Our defense can not defend against a running QB. Whether it’s scheme or personnel we are better suited to defend an I-formation team that runs or passes from the pocket. Our offensive woes are due to lack of depth on the offensive line that has hurt our running game.

LSU who recruits about was well as Bama still has problems beating Bama and I don’t know anyone who believes we can recruit as well as LSU. Beliema will have to fill in some gaps from Juco’s and develop as best he can high school recruits. Maybe the day will come when Saban leaves and the rest of the SEC can maybe catch up with Bama but until then, we are all playing for 2nd place.

I’m more worried about Miss. St. than LSU. LSU’s defense will be tough to handle, but they still have a one dimensional offense.

These things are always a crap shoot. Where will MSU’s head be after playing Bama? Where will our head be after playing LSU?

Hopefully not the same place they were while playing Auburn. :shock:

Missouri SHOULD be a “easy win” (HA! Like there are any easy wins in the SEC, but, it still should be a win). I would say 90% chance we win.

MSU? i wasn’t too worried about them until (like everyone else) they shocked the crap out of me this weekend. I still think we win that one, but boy, a lot more nervous than I was before! I would say 70/30 we win?

LSU. Can we win? Yes. Will we win? I would say 50/50 at best. A few weeks ago I thought we win this one. Now, more doubts.

By those odds we should go 2-1. Hoping for 3-0, but 1-2 is very much in play.

[quote=“Smashmouth2004”]
The reason for the roller coaster is simple. Our defense can not defend against a running QB. Whether it’s scheme or personnel we are better suited to defend an I-formation team that runs or passes from the pocket. Our offensive woes are due to lack of depth on the offensive line that has hurt our running game.

LSU who recruits about was well as Bama still has problems beating Bama and I don’t know anyone who believes we can recruit as well as LSU. Beliema will have to fill in some gaps from Juco’s and develop as best he can high school recruits. Maybe the day will come when Saban leaves and the rest of the SEC can maybe catch up with Bama but until then, we are all playing for 2nd place.
[/quote]

Yeah, and I would take 2nd place in the West. You get a good bowl game, and if you win, a top 10 finish.

That may happen if our defensive players can learn to line up quickly after a play. If the defense keeps taking 30 seconds to figure out how to line up after a play, we might be lucky to win any of the remaining games.