Calling: Bret Bielema and Kurt Anderson

From TCU, there seem to be many more questions than answers, starting once again with the so-called “special” teams. For the fifth year and running with more or less the same results, Bret, PLEASE find a legitimate special team’s coach.

Otherwise, after the disappointment of last year and AA being beaten beyond recognition, you and others jibber jabber for 9+ months about the importance of cohesion and chemistry on the O line. Then, about ten days before the first game, a true freshman is promoted to change the mix? Even more interesting, in my opinion, the promotion is made in place of at least two 4* recruits and older classmates, as an option?

Reported by WHS: “The Razorbacks’ futility in the red zone hearkened back to some of last year’s struggles. Arkansas ran five plays from the TCU 5-yard line or closer and netted 1 yard.”

Really? You guys are making very good money, and honestly, in today’s world, I have no quarrel, there. Both of you are seemingly good guys, from everything said and written. Cool. Yet, after two to five years in the SEC, respectively, your coaching style is becoming a little suspect.

You supposedly demand accountability from your players - and, rightfully so. That being said, earn your keep, please.

Woo Pig.

Good post!!!

I agree with that lost 100% I think Kurt will probably be gone this year as well and if I am not mistaken didn’t coach b fire a o line coach midseason at Wisconsin? I like coach b I think our running backs and tight ends are great but when the d knows exactly what the offense is gonna do you gotta open up the at book or get a mobile quarterback to get something out of nothing I thought the d looked good last week and showed some good this week but still wasn’t aligned right or not paying attention some I really don t have clue unless they have just completely missed on the majority of players but nobody will ever be able to recruit here

I agree with that lost 100% I think Kurt will probably be gone this year as well and if I am not mistaken didn’t coach b fire a o line coach midseason at Wisconsin? I like coach b I think our running backs and tight ends are great but when the d knows exactly what the offense is gonna do you gotta open up the at book or get a mobile quarterback to get something out of nothing I thought the d looked good last week and showed some good this week but still wasn’t aligned right or not paying attention some I really don t have clue unless they have just completely missed on the majority of players but nobody will ever be able to recruit here

I would like to see Wallace start and play to where we could all see the difference. In the red zone I’d like to see Cole Kelly for a wrinkle ! He is big and can see over the line. Pass until you get a TD or turn it over on downs. There is no way anyone can say the Oline got tired they never sustained a drive.
Gary Patterson knew what We were going to do before every play.

I don’t know of any coach who would put a player, in normal circumstances, out there just for the fans to see if they think he can play. (I can see it now–press A for yes, press B for no, press C for IDK). However, I think you do have a good point about the goal line. If not CK, then maybe use the wildcat with a scatback type (T.J. Hammonds?) who can hand the ball to a jet-sweeper like J-Red or Pettway, or he could keep it himself. Got to try anything and everything at this point to get the ball in the end zone.

Yes, it was obvious he knew. And his team was well coached. They knew tendencies, blocking assignments and where the ball was going. If one has the tape, just go back and look at their LBers and S on every rushing down for Arkansas. There wasn’t a lane that wasn’t filled by a TCU player. And most of the time they made the tackle surrendering little yardage.

That stuff happens when offensive receivers and their QB are having difficulties getting on the same page.

I don’t expect immediate improvement. Unless Enos has some special stuff in his bag somewhere.

I say switch up the O-Line unit, as was mentioned even by the game day crew our best lineman by far is Frank Ragnow who runs and does drills with the LB’s and tight ends should get reps during the bye week at left tackle which would also be good for his draft stock as tackles are valued much more by the NFL in the draft than centers. He is going to the league either way, but the point is we need help now at left tackle and his size and agility could be the answer. Why not give it a try because Colton Jackson isn’t getting it done over there.
Jake Raulerson or Zack Rogers could take over at center and then load the gaurd spots with large men like Gibson, Merrick or Wallace. Perhaps, one of those three or Jackson could handle the right tackle slot or perhaps it’s someone else that just hasn’t been given the opportunity.

Bye week should also bring an open invitation to the soccer team to find a kicker that can fill a tremendous need that hurt us last year and has continued this season.

Finally, recruiting has to improve especially with O-Linemen. We currently have a bunch of 2 / 3 stars mixed in with walkons and different colors of shirts i.e. Red, Grey trying to develop and compete in the SEC which is filled with 4&5 star defensive units and that just isn’t going to ever be a winning formula.

Go Hogs!

Good insight on timing of the elevation of a freshman dwp. Haven’t posted in awhile but after that massacre on Saturday I felt compelled. We were outplayed, outcoached and outhustled. As out of sync the offense was it really looked like it was our first Saturday scrimmage. Defense held up its end but as expected got winded late. How about a jailhouse break blitz on occasion? I do think however that Anderson has stepped up to the plate and is your new chilli dog assassin. Go Hogs!

We are not physical! But the main problem was Enos didn’t learn anything from last years game against TCU. Their defense did what ours doesn’t, they fill the gaps with a body and send safeties and LB’s on blitzes without telegraphing it.

What do you do if you’re a running team and the defense stacks the line? You spread it out so you don’t have 5-6 trying to block 7-8 defenders. Bielema is fat and happy and it appears the rest of the coaching staff is to. How would you feel if you were given a new job, $4M+ salary, unlimited recruiting budget and a boss who cares more about GPA’s than W-L’s?

Time to become a football school again and clean house which includes a new AD who realizes you can have both!

All these posts are good. AD Long doesn’t seem to realize that the worst disease that can afflict a football program is much closer to reality than he is willing to admit - and that disease is apathy. The symptoms are obvious. Read Wally Hall’s column. People are not going pay three to four figures on a weekend to attend a game where their team performs so poorly. I will always love the Razorbacks and root for them no matter what. But I am not going to pay hard earned money to watch them in person. For about 25 years, I used to pay the foundation and renew my tickets without fail - not any more. If things don’t improve with the quality of football that was played this last weekend, I will follow games but I may not watch them. It’s just too frustrating.