BIG 12 EXPANSION

Not going to happen. Texas will never come to the SEC and the SEC wouldn’t want them. Texas has been the ruler of the roust for decades, but if they come to SEC and they’ll be on the back burner with the likes of Alabama controlling the conference. Also, Texas has been apart of the killing of 2 conferences because of their arrogance and self-gratification. The SEC doesn’t want to add that much crap to our cargo.

If OU comes one day, then OSU has to come with them. OU will not leave OSU in the cold. So, you can replace Texas with OSU and you might be on to something.

I would not argue about the fact of Texan insolence and arrogance among those tea sippers with anybody. I wouldn’t bet on the Longhorns ever being in the SEC because of that either. However college football is a changing dynamic that revolves around money these days at a constantly accelerating rate. The SEC shelled out $37 million dollars to each of it’s member’s athletic programs this last year. That figure is estimated by some to excel and have the SEC & B1G making as much as $25 million a year more than the Big 12 members within the next decade. Administrators at Texas have already publicly stated a willingness to fold that Longhorn Network if certain unnamed conditions developed. All these things could possibly help put Texas searching for a home in the SEC or B1G sooner or later. I don’t know how the decision makers in the SEC would respond to the possibility of getting Texas in the SEC. You do know Kramer tried to get Texas & Texas A&M to join the SEC before he ever contacted Arkansas or the Florida schools (FSU & Miami) in 1990. They both refused, Kramer then moved on to the Hogs.

I don’t know if the SEC would ever take OSU. Then you have the possibility that Oklahoma could lose that Red River Shootout rivalry game if they came to the SEC without Texas. Oklahoma puts huge importance on that game and losing that along with leaving OSU behind could keep Oklahoma from ever being in the SEC. It may have already done so years back if some things I have read are true. However you have that ever escalating all important money issue possibly drowning out any old school logic. Who knows what could happen in 8 or 10 years??