BBall looks pretty good to me

I know the comp is really low, but they look pretty good to me. That big fella can knock down da trey constantly, and he makes a lot of blocks. It looks like Arkansas has some depth. There are 2 transfers that if everything stays on path, will play in the NBA successfully. I see a toughness from this team, a lot of maturity, for such a young group that hasn’t played together a lot.

I don’t see anyone they cannot play with, there are obviously teams that will win over them, but they can play with everyone, and best everyone.

They have a lot of talent on this team. And, that means shooting and quickness. They will have to play better defense (because MVSU is awful) than this, but I think Musselman can work with this talent and make sure they defend.

I agree! I have been coaching basketball since 1989, and IMHO, this is the most talented Arkansas team since 1994-1995. They’ll be able to compete for the SEC this yr. I agree they’ll need to shore up the D a lot, to actually have a chance at the SEC, and beat KY.

Everyone we play will also have to shore up the defense. We have a 7’3" guy who shot 80% 3s and a 6’9" player who also hit well out there. Basically everyone can shoot the 3. For a freshman, KK looked smooth and ready to go. Only one game, but I thought he was the best freshman last night. At least on offense. Moses wasn’t as hot on the 3s last night, but no problem. He hit a lot of free throws. I’m sure he’ll get everything in the groove. JD started slowly, but showed why he’s dangerous with a quick trigger. We have so many weapons. I hope we can keep the ball moving around the perimeter without it stagnating. That should come over time.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.