Alcorn St. Then it get rough..

So we have Acorn St. Then the we get the meat of the season. AA played great so far this season… But if he gets pounded like he did vs. TAMU… It will be tough for him to stay healthy all season. Just looking at the schedule, Will be be favored the rest of the year in any game? Likely not Bama or Ole Miss, Then Auburn and Miss St away? Florida at home? If we are favored it won’t be by much. Even Mizzu is not looking like the sure fire win we all thought it may have been with the preseason hype. They are tossing it around and historically that has been a little tough for the Hogs. Is 4-8 a possibility?

Bama, we definitely won’t be favored. Ole Miss, I believe is a toss up but I think we will be favored. Auburn and Miss. St. I still think will be wins. Florida is reeling at the moment but will reserve judgement till the game gets closer. Mizzou is beating up terrible opponents, but against decent teams, they’ve fallen. Is 4-8 possible, absolutely, but so is 11-1 the rest of the way. That’s why we play the game.

I don’t know GH, Just concerned that the way the OL is playing we may see more of Ty Story …and who knows that could be good or a learning curve. The SEC is a tough place for a QB to learn his trade. Ole Miss is pretty good. They have lost to BAMA and FSU. It is almost to the point loosing to Bama should take you down about as much as beating Alcorn St. moves you up. Just not seeing it… especially if we have a few key injuries.

I see this team 8-4 at the best. Losses to Alabama and at Missouri. Then just not winning one of the other five at very best. Problems with the O-Line are the absolute worst circumstance for QB health. Done nearly knocked him out of the game with Texas A&M. Saban will come at him with LB & CB blitzing headhunters intent on putting him on the bench if not in the emergency room. I have seen a Saban defense make a lot of pretty good Arkansas O-Lines look bad. Cannot push on the goal line and this put together, 8-4 is very optimistic, it could be a very long season.

8-4 was my initial prediction. I counted TCU Alabama Florida and A&M. Now after four games in I don’t feel good about Ole Miss and a possible toe stubbing game against Miss St. or Ole Miss.
For me it about execution, or the lack of there of. This team isn’t built to expose other team’s weaknesses or adjust to their own within the game. It’s the latter that concerns me most. Executing time chewing drives and coming up empty is the Achilles heel of BB’s game plan. Adjusting to changing opposing offenses scheme within the game seems to be non existent. The defenses seems to depend on the offense to chew up clock and allow them to escape with more point scored for than against, resulting in a win. I don’t see this defense imposing their will upon anyone. IMO that is what championship football is all about. We aren’t there yet.

I concur, we seem to have number of games where we are tied or ahead at half… only to have the other team figure something out and we come up short in the final. Insert Allan Iverson voice here: Championship football??? We are talking trying to be 6-6 this year.

I think worst case we end up 7-5, best case 9-3. After 4 weeks, I would say the only 3 teams in the SEC to look like they have the upper hand on the Hogs are Bama, ATM, and Ole Miss. I believe the Oline has the talent but not the experience. I thought the Oline did a pretty decent job with the aTm front till the goal line stand in the 3rd. And the play calling did them no favors, IMHO. They did not give up a sack till the 4th quarter and AA didn’t start getting viciously pummeled till after we fell way behind and abandoned the run. I think the running game will come just like it did last year. But, for now our passing game is the strength of the offense. As for the defense, mental mistakes and missed assignments killed us last week. Yet at times they handled aTm and by far have done a better job on spread teams through the course of the year. The biggest concern to me is that after the goal line stand the team( except for a few) seemed to lay down and were mentally out of it. CBB even said as much in the post game presser. He said that would be addressed. The one thing about all of CBB’s teams is that they all have made huge strides as the season has progressed. Until that trend is bucked, I don’t have any reason to doubt it won’t happen again this year. We will just have to wait and see. WPS!

I said that after the game and several on here told me I was wrong. The issue I had with this is I saw this occur in CBB’s first year against USCe. I was at the stadium when it occurred. There was a dropped pick 6 and the player had his head down and was deflated. Rohan Gaines came over and patted the kid and said good job, get your head up, then looked at the DE (it was either Smith or Flowers) and they immediately drooped their head and started acting like the game was over. Many players followed that DE’s example. Gaines seen this and turned and looked at CBB. Then shrugged his shoulders like he was saying coach what do I do. CBB immediately called a timeout and got that group together. They wasn’t going to win, but they actually tried after that timeout. The issue I saw against aTm is like you I saw players quit. CBB didn’t immediately address it. There may be a bigger issue here than we perceive. I don’t think that’s a good sign. I have a feeling we will get beat by both Bama and Ole Miss (Ole Miss maybe a far worse beat down), and I’m concerned the team will pack it in. The difference in the coaching staff’s addressment of the same issue, makes me think they may have got comfortable. That’s never a good sign.

I do hope it is not an issue with the team going forward. I do remember the first year having that issue a game or two, but CBB handled it. I am going to trust he will do so this year as well. I am going to just consider this to be just a part of young and inexperienced players needing a little “kick in the pants” type deal. But, if it rears it’s ugly head again, well, we will just have to dig a little deeper into the issue, aye Baked? WPS

Ok guys, we got beat, we are 3 - 1 now, much better shape than last year at this time.
Not to time to hang our heads yet.

[quote=“Jimbeau77”]
Ok guys, we got beat, we are 3 - 1 now, much better shape than last year at this time.
Not to time to hang our heads yet.
[/quote]

Disagree, now is the perfect time. We may go on a winning streak, then we can’t complain

To determine how we finish depends on whether we play like we did against A&M or if we turn things around like we did last year. That all depends on the OL. We just found out Raurlson played with a bad ankle and it showed last week and we didn’t have anyone we could trust to replace him. I’m not very optimistic that our OL can come together and push around any DL. At the beginning of the season I had hoped for a 9 win regular season but now 6-6 or 7-5.

Yea, and kind of disappointing because we heard soooooooo much about DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH, yet when we have one guy dinged on they can’t find anyone that is “mentally” ready? Much less physically? I just wish they would not have shoved the Depth, depth, stuff at us so hard. .(I never bought it) In the SEC you can’t tell me you can take a RS freshman that was a DL guy last year and stuff him on the OL and there won’t be some serious growing pains.

[quote=“TheSaintlyOne”]

Yea, and kind of disappointing because we heard soooooooo much about DEPTH, DEPTH, DEPTH, yet when we have one guy dinged on they can’t find anyone that is “mentally” ready? Much less physically? I just wish they would not have shoved the Depth, depth, stuff at us so hard. .(I never bought it) In the SEC you can’t tell me you can take a RS freshman that was a DL guy last year and stuff him on the OL and there won’t be some serious growing pains.
[/quote] I’m guilty as charged, I thought we would have the depth this year and they would be ready to play. But due to injuries, lack of effort by some and flat out not learning the playbook well enough has lead us into the same problems as the past. That’s why we tend to have trouble the last half of games especially the fourth quarter we run out of gas, in the A&M game it showed Garret on the sidelines taking a breather and getting some rest. We do not have that luxury with most of our starters and when you play against these hurry up offenses the D- line tires quickly and when you win the time of possession your O-line is on the field longer and both situations amplify the lack of depth we are experiencing again. It is imperative we get some of these backups on the field and get them baptized in Sec play and relief the starters from playing every snap. Once we can do that we will become a much better team quickly, lack of depth or "fatigue"as Lombardi said makes cowards of us all. WPS