A warning would have been nice....

I have been posting when Davenport had his on site before he joined Wholehog. I enjoy the conversations, debate ect… that we had as fans. Joining Hawgsillustated and making more of your boards locked to get more people to pay was the first step and then you changed the forums without any feedback from the fans and what they enjoyed. You never once asked the fans if that’s what they wanted. Without fans there is no site. The way we posted before was really personable and great and you knew you were posting about that article or player. Now, you have to find post about that article because they don’t send you straight to it. Most of us who changed over HATE this knew format.

Yup.

They did give us warning? It was well in advance. In fact, we were told it would be in effect 8/1; but they seem to have been about a month behind. I reviewed the forums through that period but did not use much because as you and many others state it is backwards compared to disqus. The fact that none of the other WHS posters were using was also a factor. It is gone now and like CBP, I don’t is coming back.

My early assessment is to see the new site will better manage those that constantly revert to name calling and / or harassment? I biggest question is around the rules and expectations around Topic creation? Without the feedback of why a topic is locked or removed it is hard to improve going forward.

With all that said, glad to see you back on the board. My prayers goes out to your Father this Sunday afternoon. Take care. I just learned this past week of a cousin that is now battling breast cancer.

Post topics that directly concern the Razorbacks. Not about Louisville. Go to the Louisville board to post topics about Louisville. That is simple enough for a first grader.

A tip for you guys unhappy. Start at the unread posts on the red bar above. That will take you to all new posts and all old posts that have had a resent take added. It is presented as a thread. As close as you are going to get to what you had before.

Give it a try. To be honest, I never liked the the WH format. I found it was very difficult to keep up with conversations. I feel like this forum you can follow the conversation much better.

I don’t recall seeing anything about the board being removed. I will be praying for your cousin. May God bless you and your family.

[quote]Give it a try. To be honest, I never liked the the WH format. I found it was very difficult to keep up with conversations. I feel like this forum you can follow the conversation much better.
[/quote]

There were some quirks in the old format. The worst thing about it/best about this would be that here we can start a thread and there you really had to hijack an article thread to start a topic. But it was much easier to reply to a specific post in that tool or reply to a reply. (Yes, at about the third tier it just became one long thread and the order could get hard to follow.) I’m really sorry to hear you like this better as I was hoping you might be the one person with influence who could bring the others around. I still read the articles at WHS. But I’m probably not long for following over here to see what is on the boards. And that also means I won’t check back to WHS as often since I’m only reading the day’s articles, not following the discussion. In the end, that means fewer visits and impressions.