Finally Get It done

…after 27 years. Great win. The losing streak is finally over, and more importantly, Arkansas keeps pace with Tennessee in the conference standings. I would just like to add that Colin Castleton is a great player, but his incessant whining to the refs is unbecoming. He needs to grow up a little.

3 Likes

Amen to that. He had great game played tough, but his incessant whining was a downer.
Wondering if that’s his MO.

1 Like

I agree that winless era in Florida is over and we will have many more victories over Florida.

1 Like

It is his MO, unfortunately. Castleton’s an outstanding NBA-level talent. His on court demeanor leaves a lot to be desired.

1 Like

Gotta give some love out to Devo. Man, what a game he had. When he’s playing like this along with JD and JWill, Arkansas is on a different level.

1 Like

Devo was MVP tonight I think.

1 Like

There’s a few players that are MVP’s tonight! Devo included. 5 players in double figures scoring and the team had less than 10’To’s! Our hogs were clutch when Florida took the lead and fought back and won! Great win.

1 Like

Any road win is a great win. Especially in the SEC.

1 Like

Just watched replay of last nite’s game. A few thoughts:

First, for me, easily top 5 most satisfying regular season wins of the Muss era. I really got sick of continually losing to a basketball program that has like 1/10000th the fan support that Arkansas does.

JD’s side-step and then step-back for the open 3 was a thing of beauty. His lateral foot quickness is exceptional. Also, at 6-2, he might be the best shot blocking guard in college basketball.

The extra height in the lineup (Wade, Toney, Umude) makes it very difficult for opposing shooters to get clean, open looks from the 3-pt line.

In the 1st half, it seemed like we were committed to doubling Castleton which gave FL some early open looks from the 3-pt line. Arkansas adjusted in the 2nd half by playing Castleton straight up and bottling up the 3-pt shooters, especially Appleby. It worked even though we gave up a number of 2-pt buckets to Castleton in the post and Appleby drives to the rim. Muss’ defensive adjustments coming out of halftime really sets him apart from other SEC coaches.

Muss pushes all the right buttons at exactly the right times and just has a different feel for the game than other coaches. I don’t know if he gets it from his dad but it really is amazing.

Muss’ team-first, defense-first coaching philosophy is set up so incredibly well for long runs in March, and really is fun to watch.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.