Being Analytic About Bielema

I have criticized Bielema in three or four areas and predicted dire consequences for his coaching career here at Arkansas all over this board. However like most things in life but death & taxes, nothing is written in stone yet about Bielema’s future as head coach here.

This post will exactly address big changes I think he needs to make to remain coach here for a long stint:

1. Get good recruiting assistants that very aggressively address fundamentals in their coaching strategies. Tough minded macho dudes.

2. Develop two deep SEC ready Offensive & Defensive Lines. An absolute must to ever challenge for any SEC championship.

3. Stop running off scholarship skilled athletes for academic reasons. The SEC has academic requirements strict enough. Maintain those and forget the college educator act. You are a football coach.

4. Adapt to the HUNH type offense. It is here to stay. Do a little of it and get defensive coaches who can defend against it.

"3. Stop running off scholarship skilled athletes for academic reasons. The SEC has academic requirements strict enough. Maintain those and forget the college educator act. You are a football coach.

1. Adapt to the HUNH type offense. It is here to stay. Do a little of it and get defensive coaches who can defend against it."

#3. Who has he run off? Life tends to go beyond football, so stressing academics isn’t a bad thing.

#4. On offense, he’s not going to do that. His system is fine, except the defensive part in my opinion is not up to par with how he wants to run his system.

Bielema has obviously ran off most of the O-Lineman from his first several recruiting cycles. He ran off JoJo Robinson and Kendrick Edwards. He ran Korliss Marshall, who became an All-American in the FCS Division. Those last three are well known players but many lesser knowns have just disappeared off the roster in kind of a dead of night type exit up there. He has hurt the team with that junk. He appears either weak minded or doesn’t give a care.

His “system” is not working. Remember the Auburn game? Very many games like that are going to get him fired. When Saban adjusts to a relatively new fade offensively as HUNH you know it has stuck to the wall permanently. Bielema and you apparently don’t realize that. That type thinking will do you no harm but it is going to get Bielema fired.

Those 3 guys were both disciplinary and academic problems. Bielema with all 3 tried repeatedly and patiently to get them to right the ship and all 3 ended up failing. It appears that they were weak minded, not Bielema.

So one game means failure? Saban doesn’t run a HUNH offense. He uses a more mobile quarterback, but not hurry up no huddle. The only person who doesn’t seem to realize somethings is you.

Just not accurate in saying that Bielema ran off a lot of players

Korliss was not run off. He was not eligible to play under NCAA rules because he flunked numerous tests that had nothing to do with the classroom. You only get to do that a certain amount of times at any college.

Kendrick Edwards was not a run off either. He wouldn’t have been able to play at Arkansas because he failed to qualify under school standards, not SEC, not NCAA or Bielema’s standards.

JoJo Robinson - to my knowledge - chose to go hims own way and transferred to a junior college.

OL Reeve Koehler was not run off. His injury led to a medical redshirt and he graduated.

OL John McClure graduated but never played.

OL Josh Allen was not eligible here and moved on.

OL Jovan Pruitt was not eligible under NCAA guidelines, went to a Junior College and Sam Pittman chose not to re-reccruit him.

The other 12 OL that the current coaching staff signed are still in the program.

[quote=“GeneralHog”]

Those 3 guys were both disciplinary and academic problems. Bielema with all 3 tried repeatedly and patiently to get them to right the ship and all 3 ended up failing. It appears that they were weak minded, not Bielema.

So one game means failure? Saban doesn’t run a HUNH offense. He uses a more mobile quarterback, but not hurry up no huddle. The only person who doesn’t seem to realize somethings is you.
[/quote] You are just talking the Bielema company byline. Late for team meetings while Saban keeps gun toters and you don’t know anything about how patient Bielema is. Those players are doing or did fine at other programs. It is foolish to have academic standards beyond what the SEC requires. It puts this program at a disadvantage. You are seeing that on the field of play.

That Auburn game was the worst defensive performance I have ever seen by a Razorback team and that is substantiated by the historic program record it created in rushing yards allowed. I would call it a failure in grand style with regard to coaching.

Saban runs a no huddle spread read option offense with that mobile quarterback. You are the one flapping wind not knowing what you are talking about. This program is nothing close to where this coach should have it in four years. He and his system is are failing.

That is not the way I remember a lot of that. Everybody moving on?? Bielema had better get people that stay put. Not doing so is going to lead to continual lousy Auburn type game performances and his termination.

Dudley gives you facts. Nothing, but facts and you want to argue. I would venture to say Bielema’s retention rate is better than most. Especially after the first class that was put together in two months time. You tend to reach on some when you’re putting together a class in a short period.

Dudley put words in my mouth and then disagreed with those words in the first post he ever addressed to me. Just look on the ‘Time to head in another direction …’ thread that is on this board. Then I’m the one that wants to argue? I am no Bielema fan anymore. I think Dudley is a Bielema fan. Dudley needs to tell his friend to start coaching. Nobody obviously was coaching for the Hogs in that Auburn game.

Good grief.
Are you going to be at the game?

Holy cow,
Are you?

With bells on. Front and Center.

[quote=“WarHog38”]

Dudley put words in my mouth and then disagreed with those words in the first post he ever addressed to me. Just look on the ‘Time to head in another direction …’ thread that is on this board. Then I’m the one that wants to argue? I am no Bielema fan anymore. I think Dudley is a Bielema fan. Dudley needs to tell his friend to start coaching. Nobody obviously was coaching for the Hogs in that Auburn game.
[/quote]Man, hit the woods – deer camp or duck camp and let it go. That’s what I did when Nutt or Ford had bad years. Bielema, who I still believe in, will be here at least this year and two more, whether you like it or not. 3rd in the west last year was pretty good and wait and see this year. You trade out with Auburn ---- which we did the last two years ---- that is about as good as most coaches have done. Score doesn’t really matter. When half of Auburn’s line is in the NFL next year, and they had guys that could’ve left last year — our year is next year with Auburn.

That’s good. I wish I had the health to enjoy the travel & games like I use to. I haven’t been to a Fayetteville game in over 5 years.

[quote=“dm919”]

I lived in the woods for nearly 30 years. I will have to let it go. I have done got the ire up of Bielema fan reporters who moderate the board. I have a knack for hitting nerves few can reach. I lost my YouTube access and my computer got screwed by Government hackers for bad mouth factually blasting those wacko ancient moon landings. I sure let that hot potato go.

[quote=“WarHog38”]

[quote=“dm919”]

I lived in the woods for nearly 30 years.
[/quote]Well, that is what I am saying man, don’t let it get you too wound up. The thing is, we had hope again, and that last loss shakes your belief and mine. Let them finish out and see where we are at the end of the season. A couple more like that— and i am with you. But a close loss this week, and everybody knows, if LSU loses to Bama — we have a chance in that one, then the last two against teams we should beat. Just no more embarrassing losses---- lets see how it goes.

[quote=“dm919”]

I got a few other people wound up too. Really a rather futile and pointless course of action. Like any people posting on this board or connected to WHS have any say in the goings on behind the scenes in Fayetteville with that hundreds of millions big business athletic department. You are absolutely correct in your current evaluation of this football team & program from a fan’s logical perspective.

[quote=“WarHog38”]

I’ll let Dudley Dawson speak on the players leaving part.

The rest of what you wrote is pure garbage. You either started a new discussion not relevant to what I addressed or you just don’t know what you’re talking about.

When have you ever seen Alabama go no huddle, except maybe in a two minute offense? They run mostly a Pro Style offense, with added options for their mobile QB.

Making a case that a team should be, insert how many years, is illogical. This is based on the notion that everybody else is just standing still while we get better. Look, if we finish 8-4 or 9-3 in the regular season, that is STILL more progress each year under Bielema. Just because it’s not happening as fast as you or I would like, doesn’t mean it isn’t progress.

“I am no Bielema fan anymore”

And because of this, you are ignoring facts from people more in the know than you about players, and adding your own spin to situations. Just stop.

That opening post I made was the closest thing to actual FACTS on this thread. I have knowledgeable sources that never frequent this particular board that agree with me to a large extent.

However I have been somewhat muted on this board. What these moderators say being FACT has been made clear to me. I hope you enjoy the homer paradise.