Anyone who thinks MA can't coach is an idiot, that was all coaching tonight.

Every decision he made got Arkansas back in the game in the end. Arkansas’ only problem in basketball is their fans are complete morons, and don’t support this team like they should. If they had the kind of fan support FL and KY has, it would be good for 5 more wins a yr, the best players would stay in state, and Arkansas would be a basketball power again… Great comeback on the road tonight…

I was going to post something similar about where the “fire Anderson” crowd is. He definitely outcoached Vandy tonight.

I get angry being a competitor myself after losses, but anyone that seriously would fire Mike Anderson is a fool. In order to comeback from 11 down with 4:00 on the road, you can’t do that without great coaching, and a little luck also… Obviously he gets a little more talent, and Mike Anderson CAN and WILL compete for FINAL FOURS again…

Oh and BTW, he does have a few awesome recruiting classes coming.

Great coaching down the stretch. I’m amazed they pulled it out! I would like to see them put a team away early. Hope Mike and our hogs can win at least 8 or nine of the remaining games.
Mike Anderson should have taken over after Nolan!!
We all need to support our Coach period!

One good thing I saw tonight was that we found a way to win even with a few players having an off night. Barford didn’t have a good shooting night, Macon couldn’t seem to get in the flow of the offense and Hannahs was 0-6 from 3 land. But Hannahs drove for some big baskets late, Barford got the steal on that Vandy possession with about 10 secs left. And then Barford tipped out that last miss by Hannahs to Watkins who got it to Macon. And 3/3 FTs with 1.8 secs left? Can you get any more clutch than that? (Maybe Quarrels slammin home that rebound against Kentucky?) These guys are showing the confidence in themselves and their coach that they are capable of bigger and better things! WPS

I might be crazy, but I think if Arkansas had more guys confident in their abilities, they could actually compete this yr. MA has the kind of team that could be very dangerous in March. They have the ability, I just think they’re not always confident in their shots, which is strange to me, because they clearly have 5-6 guys that can play with anyone.

Macon, Barford, Kingsley, Hannah’s, and Beard are as good as anyone. They can shoot lights out with that group, they just at times lack confidence which I don’t get. They get a look, they need to take it, because we know they can shoot, that’s not in doubt.

Great comeback win tonight. But the team still suffers from scoring lapses somewhere between 4 to 6 minutes in many games. They can get away with that against most SEC foes, but not Tournament quality teams like Florida or South Carolina coming up. We probably don’t need either games if we take care of the rest of the teams left, but it would probably solidify our Tournament chances with a win at either places. Not trying to be a killjoy. Anderson did a great job tonight, and Dusty and Macon stepped up in the final minutes. But lapses in scoring, and defensive breakdowns need to be minimized for the Hawgs not just to make the Tournament, but get a good region and seating.

It was a good win for the Hogs, but I didn’t see any great coaching from CMA. They should not have gotten down 15 points to start with. There were about 6 minutes of little to no effort from the Hogs. CMA should have called a timeout before it got out of hand. Vandy just gave the game away and their coach let it happen, so maybe CMA out coached him.

Beating the Anderson drum after a big road win is no surprise the Homers have been waiting for this opportunity. I’ve been critical of MA in the past but have always given credit where credit is due and he went out and has taken his recruiting to a whole level above where he’s ever been before and this is taking into consideration his next couple incoming classes. MA has had two problems that have kept him from being a very very good coach and that was road losses & consistency. After last night they can’t win on the road banter is just about history and foolish to even bring up in conversation anymore barring a total meltdown the rest of the season. The problem with consistency has begun to fade with this team as his recruiting has improved and the confidence this team has started to show on the court as the Juco’s are really starting to gel. This is a really all around good team with depth on the bench with guys that can score and defend, congratulations to the MA and his staff they appear to be improving in all aspects of the game. WPS

Mike Anderson is a great coach! He needs the support of the fans and deserves it. This team has shown heart but the breakdowns and lulls need to stop. I enjoy watching this team play. The future is bright for our hogs! The negative folks want to grip and complain. And those folks are not real Hog fans!
Go hogs beat OKST!!!

M A is a dang good Coach, there is so much we don’t see or hear from a fan stand point. We get tunnel vision on the play on the court good and bad. There are so many instructions given during the action and the timeouts.
Even though Dusty was off from outside I promise you MA never said quit taking the shots, however he may have seen something else that Dusty could do by taking it to the rack or Dusty may have used his own instincts to do that, either way that boils down to confidence that the Coach has instilled in him over time.
Macon, wow steady but also wasn’t having a stellar performance up to those final 5-6 mins and you can bet MA was instructing him to keep fighting and do what you do. Coaches know the law of averages will swing to a good players favor at some point.
Good Coaches know how to use momentum and when we started our late run MA was telling them you got this, we can do it, you can do it, or any other choice phrases he may use to keep the boys rolling.
That final few seconds was classic - Barford tip out to Manny who swings it to Macon on instinct and Macon being Macon had those law of averages already on his side by then as did the team.
More to Coaching than X’s and O’s and that game was a prime example of a team that never lost its vision late and a Coach pushing them to the end. We won not by a great play drawn up on the clip board at the end, but by great plays made on instinct and confidence in themselves.

Well I guess i’m an idiot.

He is not a great coach and we were lucky.
If he was a great coach why get down 15 in the first place?
Why in the hell can’t someone explain to Moses on the switch to STOP guarding the PG!
you do the same as other players do u switch back!

They have done this even with Portis, that is COACHING
Putting a line up out there without scorers is coaching.
Manny, Beard, Moses, and the other 2 stiffs is crazy

Don’t think you’re an idiot by any stretch, and you make valid points.
The game of basketball is played in streaks and runs by both teams, sometimes one team never lets up for 40 mins while their opponent just gets frustrated early and lays down or the talent gap between 2 teams is 100 fold,
But when 2 comparably even teams play, more likely than not the game has streaks or runs by both teams at any given time(s).
You can call MA a bad coach for pulling out a road win after being down 15 with 5-1/2 mins left. Or you can call the Vandy Coach an idiot for relinquishing that 15 point lead and losing.
I prefer to think neither coach is bad or an idiot, but instead our turn for a run came at the right time and momentum plus fatigue was in our favor and MA made some decisions at the end that worked.

The definition of Luck - When opportunity meets desire, Lou Holtz.

Do you even watch the games?

If you don’t think Anderson is a great coach, that’s fine, but teams don’t start out 16-4 with mediocre coaching.

We were lucky? Yes, we were, but every teams needs luck sometimes to win.

Bill Self is a great coach and he lost by 15 to WV the other night. Teams get down and some lose. Good coaches find a way to get your team in position to win, and Anderson did.

I’ll agree with you on the switches. Most teams, it’s not a big problem, but considering all of Vandy’s players are shooters, it hurt seeing Kingsley get mismatched most of the game.

Line up without scorers? When and Who?

I’ll never forget the announcers at Knoxville after Stoerner’s fumble stating the difference between good teams and great teams. Good teams are always in the position to win, but lose some. Great teams always find a way to win.

I’ve been critical of both CMA and this year’s team, but they are finding ways to win. Would like to see them end up a 6/7 seed in NCAAT. Think they could make a run from that position.

Do you even watch the games?

If you don’t think Anderson is a great coach, that’s fine, but teams don’t start out 16-4 with mediocre coaching.

We were lucky? Yes, we were, but every teams needs luck sometimes to win.

Bill Self is a great coach and he lost by 15 to WV the other night. Teams get down and some lose. Good coaches find a way to get your team in position to win, and Anderson did.

I’ll agree with you on the switches. Most teams, it’s not a big problem, but considering all of Vandy’s players are shooters, it hurt seeing Kingsley get mismatched most of the game.

Line up without scorers? When and Who?[/quote

Yeah i watch the games and when you go 7 min without scoring you need to look at the rotation bad!
Cook, Thompson and Thomas

These guys need play makers with them and NOT Manny as the PG.
HE is not a great coach, i did not say good coach or great recruiter but a great coach does not allow that kind of drought consistently

And the switches did not just happen at Vandy they happen every game . other teams run the pick and roll and Mosely always stays with the guard and then the guard has to cover the PF or centers,
I guess i would ask u the same question, do u watch the games?

And if Kingsley doesn’t switch out on their best guard and use his extended reach to steal the ball in the next to last possession, the last possession doesn’t happen or is rendered meaningless. I submit some on here really don’t know a whole lot about basketball…but they think they do.

Cook, Thompson, and Thomas are never in the game at the same time.

Again, you are throwing your opinion squarely on Anderson, when this happens to just about every team.

They happen every game, but Vandy because of their shooting ability was one of the more damaging. Pick and roll? Who has done that on the switches? Clearly you are not watching or you don’t know what a pick and roll is.

Really, I guess when the center sets a pick and then rolls away its called something else??

Please! no it doesn’t happen to all teams just us , it happened with Portis the exact same way.

Mike is not a great coach period.