Zack Thompson note

Kentucky is pitching off this weekend and won’t throw Zack Thompson until Saturday. The Wildcats will throw right hander Jimmy Ramsey (2-4, 7.29 ERA) vs. Isaiah Campbell tomorrow night.

I believe that’s also how they worked the rotation against Florida last weekend.

Sounds like they’re conceding game 1 to us. Of course, that’s not to say their usual Sat starter is incapable of beating us, but I still like our chances both days.

Figured they’d do that. He’s thrown either game 2 or 3 since the Georgia series the last weekend of March.

I think Wicklander has a chance to hold is own in that duel whether it end up on Saturday or Sunday. Kentucky’s offense leads the conference in strikeouts, and Reed and Daniel are #1 and #2 in the conference in strikeouts individually. Should play right into Wicklander’s hand as a strikeout pitcher.

They done that the last four or five weekends. If we win tomorrow as we should Kentucky is pretty much all left-handed batters I think wicklander will mow them down pretty quickly.

My bad. I knew he was Game 1 starter earlier in the year. It still seems odd to throw your ace the second game, regardless of whether it has become the norm.

[quote=“MattJones”]

My bad. I knew he was Game 1 starter earlier in the year. It still seems odd to throw your ace the second game, regardless of whether it has become the norm.

[/quote]Not when you’ll be facing a freshman.

In my opinion, this suggests they don’t believe they can win a low scoring tight game against Campbell. But, they think they might be able to shake-up one of our freshmen early in the game. Fine, a challenge for the Wick.