Yurachek on alternate unis

From email sent out Sunday:

[quote]The fact is that many of our current student-athletes and prospective student-athletes view alternative uniforms in a much different manner. While they fully embrace the tradition of our classic Cardinal and White, they also embrace the opportunity to compete in a variation of traditional uniform colors on select occasions.
[/quote]

Get ready for anthracite, folks.

Go look at all of the recruit photos from their trips. Almost all of them are in the anthracite jerseys. No surprise there.

I’m willing to bet “alternate uniforms” does not strictly pertain to anthracite either. I wouldn’t mind being the Oregon of the SEC, any publicity is good publicity

As long as there’s a hog on the jersey I don’t give a you know what, what it looks like. If they like it, and it brings the team moral up and they play hard, I’ll be happy.

Do what you have to do, all that matters is winning and if that helps so be it.

I’m with you, but hope they don’t test me with a burnt orange version!

Yep, that too. Other than anthracite and black, not sure what other color options really exist to cardinal and white. But I’m sure the Nike crew will show us.

I don’t think the red Hog on the anthracite jersey was highly visible. Nothing against that dark jersey, but they need to rethink that. They missed a pretty good opportunity.

The uni worn in the game at Columbia was plumb ugly.

Same uni we wore at PK80 in November. I guess everyone was too busy waiting for Bielema to get fired to notice.

Oh yeah, that would cross the line.

I don’t care what color the uni is as long as I can read the number. I don’t recognize these kids by sight

Get ready for anthracite, folks.

[/quote]

This is not “news” . . . even “traditionalists” like me have anticipated this since the coaching change. Yurachek’s comments just further confirm what we already knew was coming.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15089&p=109432&hili … ms#p109432

I just hope the Hog they use on the uniforms (and, especially, the helmet) is the traditional running Hog, and not that disgusting front-facing creature. People around the country actually RECOGNIZE that (the former), while 99% have no idea what the latter is.

This is not “news” . . . even “traditionalists” like me have anticipated this since the coaching change. Yurachek’s comments just further confirm what we already knew was coming.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15089&p=109432&hili … ms#p109432

I just hope the Hog they use on the uniforms (and, especially, the helmet) is the traditional running Hog, and not that disgusting front-facing creature. People around the country actually RECOGNIZE that (the former), while 99% have no idea what the latter is.

[/quote]

Agree. I wish that forward facing piece of crap logo would be banned forever and replaced with Slobber Hawg.

I was looking at various items in the Hog Heaven store at Baum Stadium. They had one really nice hoody that I would have bought, but it had one of those red wolf looking, front-facing hogs on it. I made a few disparaging comments about that and the young man running the store said that he hears that all the time.

I flipping hate that logo. I do have one item with it, a light weight hoody that I love. But I would love it much, much more with an appropriate logo.

If we don’t buy those, they will get the message… maybe.

Yeah, I guess If you can’t tell the difference between a wolf and a Hog they look the same, I mean, the colors are somewhat the same. I live in Jonesboro and see both every day on vehicles and such, they really aren’t that much the same, except forward facing.

I’m not against a forward facing Hog on some things (not the main logo of the helmet but possibly as helmet stickers, if the coaching staff keeps that), but there’s got to be a better rendering than the one that’s being used. Surely, someone could come up with a slobbering Hog who doesn’t look anything like the mascot across the state.

The younger people love that secondary logo to the point that I don’t see it going away, because it sells to the demographic most prone to buy new apparel. I see it everywhere on campus.

“Get rid of that front-facing Hog, and then git off my lawn!”

I’m not fond of FFH either, although it’s not nearly as offensive as Popcorn Hog or Dogbone Hog were. This is Dogbone:

And of course:

Good ole Allugator Hog… YIKES