Your opinion

How would you feel right now if we won the game in over time by 3 points? Given we played the just as good and just as bad as we did and TA&M had a touchdown called back and had to settle for 3. Glad , sad, mad, over joyed, indifferent. Would you want to get rid of CB or keep him. Let me know what you think. Would you think the ship has been righted and we are on to a winning season? Or, would you think we will be luck to win 5 games total? Your answers are based on the conditions that we won the game in over time by 3 points. Just give your honest answers.

I think a very questionable pass interference call was perfectly timed to allow A&M to have a chance to win. The fact that the Hogs were that close to winning shows a lot of positives about the growth of the team.

yes.
it is an interesting question.
i actually had already considered this…

and heres my take on it : we didnt. and in the beilema era we dont win those games…

that being said.
to your question… for one thing its hard for me to even imagine us winning despite how close we were to actually not losing.
had we won by a FG in OT following the rest of the game as it had acutally been played i would be happy with the win but still not happy with the overall trajectory of the program…

i suspect : the reality that we do not have the right guy for the job afterall would still be nagging at the back of the minds of even the most blind followers

would be continuing to wait for that inevitable straw to break the camels back

make no mistake.
despite how close we were to not losing.
yesterdays loss was HUGE.
was a statement loss.

Elvishog, thouhtful response. I wish others would would give their opinion.

I would be alot happier. And I would feel like the psyche of the kids got a much needed boost.

As it is, more negativity and playing tight.

I believe in this staff. Most don’t at this point I get that. But I’ve watched alot of Bielema coached teams. I think he will get it done…I believe in his philosophy…if he can win enough the next two years to weather this period. We are young. He’s recruited more kids offered by the Bama’s of the world than any of his recent predecessors. Young talent is there. Someone’s is gonna benefit. I hope its him and his staff.

Exactly my thoughts.

^---------This.

A win yesterday would have meant the possibility of a winning season. But that in no way means the direction of the program is headed in the right one. Generally, if a coach can’t win in his 4th, or, at least show drastic improvements he won’t win. Of course there are exceptions… but, they are few and far between.

The way last season ended left a really bad impression on me. And then to have senior leaders do what they did (Sprinkle and Morgan) made it worse. So, in my opinion, win or lose yesterday, we are still an undisciplined team with a severe lack of talent across the offensive line. The D line isn’t much better and our special teams is bad too. A&M is a bad team as well… so I’m not too excited about almost beating them.

I believe in Coach B. I believe he will get the job done! GHG!

I honestly wasn’t that upset after the game and I don’t think it was apathy. The kids played hard and I am proud of that.

I really liked the offensive play calling. Defense did well …but not good enough to stop the big plays. Hopefully we can fix that.

And whoever said Bielema doesn’t win these games is not exactly correct. TCU last year, Ole Miss ring a bell?

I hate to put it off to next year, but honestly Kelley, Devwah and Chase are going to be fun to watch.

I would be estatic about the win and ready to get on to the next one. I am neither a supporter nor detractor of CBB at this point. I’m an observer waiting to see how this 12 game season plays out.

I thought I saw some good things yesterday. Many of his critics wanted to see some changes, and I thought we saw some of them, such as the Wildhog and Cole Kelley. I thought the offense was innovative and scored in the second half. There were offensive line changes, some of which I think worked after halftime, which proved adjustments were made in the locker room. Allen had a better pocket to throw from, especially in the second half. I saw CBB ripping the O-line on the sideline for their play, and they seemed to have responded to that.

The defense, unfortunately, reverted, giving up big plays. And yet, outside of those big plays, they seemed to be decent. Those plays, though, were gut-punchers. We score and are playing decently on defense and then lose Christian Kirk in the secondary and the game-tying touchdown. We take a 21-7 lead and have the Aggies backed up to their own 10 and give up an unacceptable 90-yard run (of which only 80 counted) to the quarterback. AGAIN.

Does the positive outweigh the negative? It doesn’t give me much hope for the season, but it also doesn’t keep me from believing in CBB and his staff. At some point, this team must learn to win those kind of games on a consistent basis, but I think that may come with more depth, which ultimately should help special teams play because CBB will be able to use starters on special teams more, knowing there are backups to give needed rest.

Very interesting posts. No ranting and raving. Keep them coming.

Not sure if I think CBB can turn this thing around or not, I sure want to see him become successful because he’s the type of person I want to see taking care of the atheletes of Arkansas and the kids recruited from out of state, we don’t wake up every morning and wonder what the next scandal is going to be with our program. Players and parents seem to appreciate his honesty from the time they are recruited until the end of their career. He was a winner a Wisconsin and don’t know why he can’t be here,hoping for better days for the program. WPS

[quote=“Hogbacker”]
Not sure if I think CBB can turn this thing around or not, I sure want to see him become successful because he’s the type of person I want to see taking care of the atheletes of Arkansas and the kids recruited from out of state, we don’t wake up every morning and wonder what the next scandal is going to be with our program. Players and parents seem to appreciate his honesty from the time they are recruited until the end of their career. He was a winner a Wisconsin and don’t know why he can’t be here,hoping for better days for the program. WPS
[/quote]Have you not kept up with the Wisconsin program? They haven’t missed a beat since he left. Makes one go hmmmmmmm.

[quote=“anandrews”]

My problem with that argument, Anandrews (and I don’t mean this to argue with you cause I’m much too tired to argue tonight) would be that each of those coaches (Bielema and the other two that have come sense) each had to do the right things to keep the program going. We know from our own history, that’s not always the case. So I give credit to those three coaches that they had the knowledge to keep the program from crumbling. That takes some building. Not saying CBB will get it done here or that he has or that he’s building it the right way–none of those things. Just that he knew football and coaching well enough that it didn’t crash and burn in his tenure. That argument fails to give credit where credit is due. Can he grow the program here? Everybody has their own opinion. Mine opinion is we shall see, but he’s running out of time.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

[quote=“anandrews”]

My problem with that argument, Anandrews (and I don’t mean this to argue with you cause I’m much too tired to argue tonight) would be that each of those coaches (Bielema and the other two that have come sense) each had to do the right things to keep the program going. We know from our own history, that’s not always the case. So I give credit to those three coaches that they had the knowledge to keep the program from crumbling. That takes some building. Not saying CBB will get it done here or that he has or that he’s building it the right way–none of those things. Just that he knew football and coaching well enough that it didn’t crash and burn in his tenure. That argument fails to give credit where credit is due. Can he grow the program here? Everybody has their own opinion. Mine opinion is we shall see, but he’s running out of time.
[/quote]The coach that followed Bielema ( Gary Andersen ) at Wisky won 19 games in 2 years. He is now currently 7-21 at Oregon State in his 3rd year. See Wisky’s record now with their current head coach. But hey, never bring facts into a good argument. Just sayin’.

[quote=“anandrews”]

I’m not leaving out that fact. What made him attractable to Oregon State? IDK. Don’t care. You cannot always judge a book by it’s cover. You made this an argument when I was just giving my opinion that it takes ability to keep a program going. He wasn’t at Wisconsin long enough to really say whether he was going to sustain it or not. I think you have a better sample size in Bielema’s case. Again, I specifically said that IDK if he can build a program here. Why are you arguing? You obviously have closed your mind to a possible reason some people think CBB did a good job at Wisconsin.

[quote=“SoArkHog”]

Anderson left for Oregon St because he wanted to change the Wisconsin system. That was not going to happen.

I think we need to take a long hard look at this. What is our system? And what is our plan man…

I am worried about D… We don’t have the LBers we need. We don’t have DLs we need! Our safeties are horrible , and we can’t seem to sign one outside of Santos…its recruiting on the defensive side that has me disgusted…

Also development , I just see lots of issues… This overwhelming strength program is still needing to show me something. This needs to addressed.

And last, ast coaching hires… At one time we had Charlie Partiadge for the DL and Sam Pittman for the OL…, known respected ast coaches and recruiters! They left and what Coach B replaced them with is just horrible… Rory was horrible ! And Kurt Anderson is plain bad…

So to answer the original question , yup I would still have my big picture concerns had we won!!! I would have still enjoyed it and talked smack to all the Aggies I deal with daily… But now I’m dreading work tomorrow!

I agree with your concerns. Defensive recruiting has not been good. CBB as much as said that in speaking about the change to 3-4. He said getting defensive linemen to Arkansas was difficult. Thought it would be easier to get linebacker types. He’s only had one recruiting class since announcing the change to the 3-4. Imagine it will take more Bumper Pool’s to get team where it needs to be at linebacker. Losing the commitment this past weekend doesn’t help, but he’d changed his mind to play wide receiver when even his HS coach said he was a better prospect at LB. As for safety, Montaric Brown is a pretty good signee, or at least his 4*s say he is. We’ll see. Hopefully, Emmitt Gooden will be a stalwart at NG to go alongside Agim.