Yesterday’s game: run rule/scoreboard

There can be a run rule when both teams agree to one pre-game. There is no limit in SEC games unless there are potential travel problems. In that case, the rule becomes no inning can start after a certain time.

Run rules are often in effect for tournament games, notably the SEC tournament. Getting four games played in one day can be a challenge. The rule is: “SECTION 79. By conference rule, or mutual consent of both coaches before the contest, a game may be stopped only after seven innings if one team is ahead by at least 10 runs.”

There was no problem with the scoreboard at Baum-Walker Stadium except for the pitch speed. It quit sometime mid-game.

However, the live stats were weird. I frequently use them to validate a pitch sequence, who was given an error, etc. Yesterday they wouldn’t update for several minutes. That happened throughout the game.

It’s not just the scoreboard. The online production was of poor quality also. The camera views were odd and poor.

SEC+ games are produced by the University (I think) so who knows what is up.

1 Like

I’m thinking that part of the problem has been that there are other televised events on campus and the SEC+ technical crew is split up. In yesterday’s case, they were getting ready for the LSU game at BWA

2 Likes

There were multiple tech problems yesterday. The radar gun crashed in the third or fourth inning and they could not get it up and running again.

This is correct. All of the top talent for RSN was at basketball last night. The baseball telecasts are going to improve now that basketball is finished at home. It is always that way.

Keep in mind that in addition to the game broadcasts, RSN is responsible for running the video board at the basketball arena, which is like its own separate broadcast.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.