Wow..Rick Pitino being considered for GA opening

Probably won’t do it, but to even be considered is amazing.

Want to know why coaches cheat? No down side. None. Men’s CBB is a freaking joke with a completely unlevel playing field.

https://www.dawgnation.com/mens-basketb … ssion=true

The Irony that they just fired the man that took a stand against Cheating yet they are considering hiring one of the SLEAZIEST coaches ever is very powerful and overwhelming.

The bad part is that he’s a really good coach. He wins. But wow, after all the bad press and scandals, UGA is really desperate to win I guess.

There’s such a thing as the whole person concept. I would associate a dirt bag as a good coach! That’s a complete slam on good coaches. I guess Georgia wants to win at all cost. Maybe there’s a booster that’s a pimp and needs business!

That would have been like replacing Mark Richt with Jackie Sherrill.

Hope the Georgia folks sober-up over there if they really are considering hiring Pitino. That would give them and really all conference members an awful look. It would take a while before the stench wore off, if ever!

It would be an excellent hire. Coaches like anyone else learn from their mistakes. And, he has paid for his mistake if in fact he did do it. Therefore, he can coach with a clean slate.

Rick Pitino will never have a clean slate again. Nobody else is associated with (a) hookers for his recruits, AND (b) paying off a woman he banged on the side to have an abortion. He admitted (b) and the NCAA has already nailed him for (a).

[quote=“Gay”]

It would be an excellent hire. Coaches like anyone else learn from their mistakes. And, he has paid for his mistake if in fact he did do it. Therefore, he can coach with a clean slate.

[/quote]You are very forgiving, actually beyond forgiving. Mistake is also a very generous interpretation. First of all, I believe mistake should be plural and if he was prone to learn from mistakes, he would not have made these.

That’s rich coming from somebody who all they do is complain about the mistakes Mike Anderson makes.

Sarcasm I hope. :shock:

Thad Motta will be interviewed by Georgia on Monday per ESPN.com

There is literally NO WAY anyone would hire this slime-bag loser.

Prostitutes for players, blatently lied about it, paying players after a much publicized rant about “how lucky we were to not pay a dime for his visit”, the affair and paid-for-abortion?!?!?

How could he be any sleazier? UGA is probably my favorite non-Arkansas SEC program, I’ve never seen them in the muck that Auburn and MissStake and Ole Mrs live in, I would really be shocked if they even interviewed that total loser

GHG

To me that sounds like a bunch of ado over nothing. So many young women chase after star athletics that by your definition they are all hookers as if there is something bad about sex. If he paid for a woman’s abortion, she should think him. In any event, she agreed. If you don’t like it, you should blame her as much as you blame him.

Coeds, etc., chasing after players is one thing. That happens everywhere, even church schools. Paying hookers to entertain your recruits is something else entirely. Not only is it an NCAA violation, it’s also illegal except in a few places in Nevada.

He paid for her abortion to cover his own ass, because he knocked up the wife of his equipment manager. I don’t care about the marital sanctity of the Pitino marriage; some couples are OK with it if they each seek out a little extracurricular action. She also claimed he raped her, but it seems much more likely that she was trying to blackmail him. I don’t excuse either one of them – the blackmailer or the sanctimonious coach.

What is it about coaches at Louisville that makes some Arkansas fans excuse any and all of their character defects?

Auburn hired Pearl, Miss State hired Howland, Kentucky loves Calipari… and then Arizona reinstates Miller despite the FBI having the goods on him.

Should we be surprised by this rumor? I’m not. But it is totally disgusting, nonetheless.

NCAA basketball’s integrity is about to drop to zero, if University Presidents (non-athletic department admins) do not do something to stem the tide of sleaze and cheating.

And I am one who does not believe that changing the rules will help. The cheaters will just find new and more devious ways to cheat.

[quote=“Gay”]

To me that sounds like a bunch of ado over nothing. So many young women chase after star athletics that by your definition they are all hookers as if there is something bad about sex. If he paid for a woman’s abortion, she should think him. In any event, she agreed. If you don’t like it, you should blame her as much as you blame him.

[/quote]Are you serious, or just trying to generate a reaction?

Very good answer regarding the abortion. However, there are so many laws that whether or not something is illegal has almost no correlation to what is right or wrong. Therefore, I don’t care if something does something illegal unless it also wrong; i.e., harming someone. Furthermore, the extent that pretty girls chase after star athletes, I see no advantage in arranging what you call hookers to the star athletes.