Wow, link to Ole MIss announcement on violations

The number of violations has increased. Got this from an Ole Miss fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWyz3cwSPE

[youtube]VYWyz3cwSPE[/youtube]

Appreciate the link.
Very professionally done.
No news conference; no questions from reporters.
The bowl ban must hurt.
So, every game this season will be their bowl game. Attempting to buy players is being done all over America.
Just sorry the event which took place on NFL draft night was not an issue…

[quote=“HeKnowsMyName”]
Appreciate the link.
Very professionally done.
No news conference; no questions from reporters.
The bowl ban must hurt.
So, every game this season will be their bowl game. Attempting to buy players is being done all over America.
Just sorry the event which took place on NFL draft night was not an issue…
[/quote]

Yes, OM said that wasn’t a new issue, but that was not true. The “former” asst coach they refer to in the video was the guy who arranged the money for their drafted O-Lineman and his family. Plus the information that was released on NFL draft night was what brought about the 8 new allegations that were primarily level 1 allegations. Had that not been released on NFL draft night, they would be facing 13 allegations instead of 21.

This obviously doesn’t surprise people that recruited against Ole Miss. While you’ll never hear coaches say it publicly, they were sure yelling amen when this stuff was announced today.

I think it may have been the worst kept secret in sports. All anybody really had to do is look at their history and the players they were landing from all over the country, often out of the blue, and it was obvious.

The funny thing is that anytime someone mentioned that there were several regulars who suggested it was sour grapes and we just needed to find some dynamic recruiters.

I really think OM may get completely hammered. The profile for the programs that have gotten popped badly are:

1. Non Blue Blood
  2. The cheating is next level
  3. When called on it the coach and/of admin are loudly defiant
  4. the investigation is usually spurred or built upon separate litigation or criminal matters involving scorned former coaches, players, ex-spouses, etc.

I’m thinking about Unlv, Smu, Baylor, UK, Ok St, and soon-to-be Mississippi.

These sanctions were also what Ole Pi$$ self-imposed, I think the NCAA’a will increase punishment.

I see no way Bucky can survive this. And he brought much of it on himself with that invitation for people to report him if he was cheating. Which they did. I’m also hearing a two year bowl ban plus a new coach.

Florida’s time is also coming.

And would you speculate that their recruiting efforts were “learned” in Tuscalooser and perhaps Georgia is on this path also?

I would not rule that origin out given their “Legacy” in those matters. Nick Saban is great coach just like Bill Billechik but both push for any and all advantages. State of Alabama seems to have DNA for this stuff, like Texas.

What really brings me great joy, is that even with their ill begotten recruiting bonanzas, they couldn’t beat our rag tag band of 3* recruits. That’s gotta hurt.

Ditto