would love to know what Kent .little cocky coach said about the beatdown

I saw what he said after fri game and all he did was talk about his team not getting the breaks can’t imagine he could do anything but tuck his tail between his legs and mope on back to Ktown,

I kinda like him. He is a personality for sure.

I’d like to know that, too. Didn’t see any quotes from him in anything I read. We just beat the crap out of them. Probably not much he could say, but I’d have still liked to have heard it.

I went down and talked to him Friday, but he was short and didn’t want to talk about anything Arkansas did at all, only Kentucky. We were shorthanded and I had a tight deadline last night, so we decided not to talk to him.

yeah I noticed that Matt,only talked about game of inches and all the balls left at the fence and the one we robbed. He’s got some arrogance about him like not telling us who was starting game 2…He will learn this us the best conference in america and all that mess will hurt him more than help him.He’s got a fine team but on the road some of those Hr’s in his little park are going to be caught in normal size park…we would have 50 Hrs if we played in that park with no wind blowing in.glad we stuck up their butt!

Matt and I talked about going to see him after the Saturday doubleheader, but the two of us were scrambling to get everything done with a late game. That was partly why no one talked to him. The other reason is that he is a somewhat of a (expletive deleted). So we skipped him.

yeah I can tell he thinks it don’t stink!! but we shoved it up his pipe and made him smoke it :lol: :lol:

That’s something I realized this weekend. I wanted to read what the UK coach had to say about the series and the coverage from their side was almost non-existent

I get that they are a hoops school in the middle of the NCAA tourney, but to have a top 5 team playing in an SEC opening series against another top 5 team, and barely anything written about it surprised me. Maybe I didn’t do a good enough job looking, but I get the feeling that not very many over there care as long as the BB team is still playing.

Also made me realize that we’ve got it pretty good here. I think the support and coverage here for baseball would be strong no matter how good the basketball team may be. Of course that’s easy for me to say. Out of the big 3, baseball has been our main source of pride for a while now.

[quote=“ChiChi”]

… Also made me realize that we’ve got it pretty good here. I think the support and coverage here for baseball would be strong no matter how good the basketball team may be. Of course that’s easy for me to say. Out of the big 3, baseball has been our main source of pride for a while now.

[/quote]We do have some amazing baseball coverage. What other school has a radio network like Arkansas? I’d bet few if any do. LSU might come close, I don’t know. Arkansas has had extensive radio coverage for years.

yes we are awesome! I went their website and it had not one quote from anybody…just had recaps form the games…well he said he was looking forward to the experience…hope he realizes now how far he has to go!

I would say Mississippi St. and LSU probably rival our coverage. Kentucky only really cares about basketball, and if we were still playing this week, a lot of our attention would still be on the tournament. I know mine would. I’m a baseball fan and have season tickets, but I would have traded all 3 wins in baseball to have gotten to the Sweet 16 in hoops.

[quote=“ClayHenry”]

he is a somewhat of a (expletive deleted). So we skipped him.

[/quote]Now, that’s funny. I’m not sure I’ve seen this level of commentary from you before, but glad I saw it :smiley:

I suppose I would, too, but only because a Sweet 16 is such a goal & measure of achievement. If we’d gotten swept by UK, we could still make the CWS & even win a NC. Fortunately, those are choices that we never have to make. I wanted both to get to the SS & to sweep UK. Since we didn’t do the first, I’m thrilled we did the second.

I read somewhere that Kentucky is worried the coach will take the Mississippi State job sooner than later.