Worthless today

I’ve been completely unproductive today. Just find myself reading the board, social media, newspaper stories, YouTube clips…anything about Razorback baseball. Sure is fun to be back in Omaha, especially after a May that made it seem like we were about to have a short NCAAT stint and a long 8 months before we could begin another quest to get to Omaha.

This has now been a near-great year. Getting to the CWS is like making the Final Four in basketball or the CFP in football. It’s the main goal short of winning it all. But now I so want to win it all. I still have a bad taste in my mouth from 2018.

5 Likes

Getting to the CWS is a big deal regardless of how it happens. Cannot win if you are not in the race. Team is peaking at right time.

2 Likes

My wife says I’m worthless every day. And sports has nothing to do with it :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I had trouble getting my mind to shut up long enough to go to sleep last night… I hope we do well in Omaha but if not it’s been a heck of a good run at the end here. We’ve had a lot of fun the last couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Yep. My plans to fish hit me sideways as I ate something last night that has me hanging around the house. Fishing looks good for tomorrow.

Same here. I left Chapel Hill as soon as I could to get home, which was about 8 p.m. departure local time. The drive took about 2:45, so home at 10:45 (for some reason they were doing Sunday night construction on I-40, so there were some delays for that). In bed a little after midnight, probably didn’t get to sleep until 1:30. And my furry purring alarm clock got me up at 8 for her breakfast.

2 Likes

We had our 8 year old granddaughter for 3 nights. Between that and baseball, I’m pooped.

1 Like

I’d rather be spending the day basking in the afterglow of the win than spending it nervously waiting on a deciding game 3. (Even though I think we’d have won game 3.)

3 Likes

That, or roasting in the first base stand at the Bosh, as UNC people call it. My forearms already look like cooked lobsters.

2 Likes

Yes, those 3rd games are tense & difficult. It’s 95 in LR today. Not a good temp to sit for a ball game.

Yeah, I know they call it “the Bosh.” Those TV announcers called it that constantly during the broadcast. There’s not a hog baseball fan in the world that doesn’t know the name of the NC stadium is “the Bosh.” They might not know what that’s short for, but they know “the Bosh.”

OK. I didn’t have to listen to those guys. Instead I got the Hog fan who was cussing out Gregory for two days, and the UNC fan who had about two innings of drunken insanity in between weather delays yesterday.

1 Like

I can’t stand fans who cuss their own players. Add drunk opposing fans into the mix & it becomes intolerable. They’re hard to ignore.

I’m lucky. Colt doesn’t move until I get up, then he is ready for the day. He is not like my (long ago) Miss Shades who would open one eye when I got up as in “Are you sure?”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.