Wonder who Traylor will bring in as a running back....................

…since we let the 3-star Jeremy Gipson from Louisiana go? This class has got to have a good running back recruit!

Looks like we got us a very good recruiter in Traylor: [url:31rppqlr]https://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Traylors-Case-for-the-SMU-Mustangs-Head-Coaching-Job-Centers-on-His-Recruiting-Prowess-and-Texas-High-School-Football-Relationships-111883010[/url:31rppqlr]

If they are going to run single back they’ve got Whaley, Hayden, and Maleek Williams coming back, with of course Hammonds available for hybrid work. My guess would be that any RB they sign will be closer to Hayden’s body type/skill set than Whaley or M. Williams. So we have a good talent base at RB, and I don’t see us signing two unless some one who is just too good to pass on crops up.

Gipson is still shown as an Arkansas commit? What are you referring to?

[quote=“Bayouhog”]
Gipson is still shown as an Arkansas commit? What are you referring to?[/quote:3qtpzt2i]
The fact that he has not been contacted makes it appear they have moved on.

[quote=“Hogmodo”]

[quote=“Bayouhog”]
Gipson is still shown as an Arkansas commit? What are you referring to?[/quote:2qgv2pxd]
The fact that he has not been contacted makes it appear they have moved on.[/quote:2qgv2pxd]

yeah.
i find that interesting…

I don’t know either but have a guess that they are not going to take a running back this time and perhaps take more Qb’s such as GB. Favoring instate players who fit their system.

Perhaps also trying to allow for others such as recruit that just left Nebraska and his brother too? Numbers maybe closer to 15 rather than 20 or so.

If they get 10 in the early period, it might be slanted to Jan enrollments too.